Home

Talk about Steve's impressions here

This is a discussion on Talk about Steve's impressions here within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-08-2004, 09:53 AM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Talk about Steve\'s impressions here

I've always wished that EA would allow us to modify a team's "profile". Even teams that aren't user-controlled dynasty teams. You know how you can modify a user-controlled team's run/pass ratio and conservative/aggressive slider? It would be nice if we could adjust that for every team. That way you could force a team like Nebraska to run 80% of the time. I get tired of playing Nebraska and having them pass for 250 yards against me while only having 10 rush attempts. If EA can't improve the CPU's artificial intelligence, then they should give us a way to modify it.
Old 07-08-2004, 09:57 AM   #34
MVP

bigjdotcom01's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:

AndyDufresne said:
It would be nice if we could adjust that for every team. That way you could force a team like Nebraska to run 80% of the time. I get tired of playing Nebraska and having them pass for 250 yards against me while only having 10 rush attempts.

But isn't that what Nebraska's philosophy is now?
Old 07-08-2004, 10:37 AM   #35
MVP

thejake's Arena

OVR: 17

I am waiting to hear him verify the max roster size.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-08-2004, 10:41 AM   #36
All Star

OVR: 27

Quote:

AndyDufresne said:
I've always wished that EA would allow us to modify a team's "profile". Even teams that aren't user-controlled dynasty teams. You know how you can modify a user-controlled team's run/pass ratio and conservative/aggressive slider? It would be nice if we could adjust that for every team. That way you could force a team like Nebraska to run 80% of the time. I get tired of playing Nebraska and having them pass for 250 yards against me while only having 10 rush attempts. If EA can't improve the CPU's artificial intelligence, then they should give us a way to modify it.

Bad news this is all they are going to do anymore. midWEST Coast offense baby.
Old 07-08-2004, 10:55 AM   #37
MVP

stoncold32's Arena

OVR: 17

The past couple NCAA since 2003 I havent had any problems with teams that like to runs the ball. For example I've played teams that have good half backs and with a little slider adjustment if they get one good 10-15 yd gain they will start running constantly. PLay against a team like Iowa. But also isnt it more real that if they cant run, they go on and try somethng else?
Old 07-08-2004, 12:10 PM   #38
Rookie

bpd115's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:

stoncold32 said:
The past couple NCAA since 2003 I havent had any problems with teams that like to runs the ball. For example I've played teams that have good half backs and with a little slider adjustment if they get one good 10-15 yd gain they will start running constantly. PLay against a team like Iowa. But also isnt it more real that if they cant run, they go on and try somethng else?

I don't think the issue is that the CPU doesn't run, I think the issue is that if the run doesn't work they go to the air. Unfortuantely on AA in 2004 it was WAAAY to easy to stop the run...even with PSU whose run d was horrid last season....once you shut down the RB a few times, the CPU goes to the air.
Old 07-08-2004, 12:13 PM   #39
Hall Of Fame

JayBee74's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:

kirkangil said:
Quote:

hogfan said:
Everything sounds great except for the CPU abadoning the running game.

That stings a little bit.

I was going to say the same thing, but he didnt play on heisman yet so there still is some hope.

The CPU should have a balanced attack on default AA.
Old 07-08-2004, 12:17 PM   #40
Hall Of Fame

JayBee74's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:

1-WR/TE droping easy wide open passes, specially short passes.

That's particularly bothersome to me, because it greatly takes away from the high percentage short passing game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »