Home

manual catch

This is a discussion on manual catch within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-08-2004, 01:15 PM   #1
Rookie

jwb0581's Arena

OVR: 2
manual catch

I've been hearing that in NCAA 2005, the only way to have a top-tier passing attack is to practice the skill of "manual catching". This sounds promising, because in 2004, I'm not so sure that manual catching was the best way to go.

First question, what types of pass routes do y'all expect manual catch to give you an advantage on? And also, when trying to thread the needle vs. the vaunted 2005 zone defenses, do y'all think that manual catch will still be the best option?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-08-2004, 01:22 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: manual catch

I always try to use manual catch. I think it will most likely help you on the deep ball and also outs. For some reason it feels like when I do a short curl route and use manual catch the player gets more YAC, but that might just be me. I dunno if this is already in 2004, but is there a way to start as the WR in single player mode??? I know some games used to have that.
Old 07-08-2004, 01:23 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 5

Personnally, I thought "manual catch" was the best option in 2004. It was even more noticable when I ran long routes where the receiver didn't get there fast enough.

Hell, I usually control him for about 10 yards on a deep ball.
Old 07-08-2004, 01:26 PM   #4
Pr*s*n*r#70460649

Graphik's Arena

OVR: 22

I really tried not to use manual catching for the most part because its been plenty of times where you could cheat the cpu's DBs by just getting in front of them and jumping catching balls that you should'nt catch but for the most part, its been toned down by the DB popping the ball out of your hand. Most of the time, I like the cpu to control my WRs, I guess because I want the ratings to control catches.
Old 07-08-2004, 01:50 PM   #5
Pac12fan

ochoco's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:

person12 said:
I always try to use manual catch. I think it will most likely help you on the deep ball and also outs. For some reason it feels like when I do a short curl route and use manual catch the player gets more YAC, but that might just be me. I dunno if this is already in 2004, but is there a way to start as the WR in single player mode??? I know some games used to have that.

I believe you can. You just have to change it in the options about changing players on offense or something like that. I have never tried it personally but I think you can. Though I may be totally wrong...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-08-2004, 01:56 PM   #6
MVP

WatchdogXC's Arena

OVR: 15

I've been using manual catch most of the time since Genesis.
Old 07-08-2004, 02:23 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 1

Yea I remember in some EA game weather is be NCAA or Madden you could start the play as a receiver, but I tried to do that on NCAA last year and could never figure it out. Oh well the game still looks awesome!!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »