Home

Anyone know if the Wing T is in the game?

This is a discussion on Anyone know if the Wing T is in the game? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-08-2004, 04:53 PM   #9
MVP

rocker78's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Anyone know if the Wing T is in the game?

Quote:

shortsoldier said:
Quote:

rocker78 said:
Quote:

WatchdogXC said:

Yeah, it can be tough to defend if you don't stick to your reads on D. I love watching good teams run it to perfection.

i had the best game of my football careen against the wing t. i was the 3 technique tackle on defense and had about 8 tackles because they tried to pound it with the full back and read off my movements but i could always tell if the qb gave it to the fb or not and i always got him. we won that game because of me.

Show off!

How big were you as a 3-teq? I was a 5'5" 165 pound noseguard. We played a team from Wichita Falls, TX one year that ran the Wing-T and they absolutely humiliated us with their discipline. It was the first game of the year, and we were not ready for that. We sort of felt vindicated when the guy who ran for two hundred yards on us ended up signing with OU; he didn't play much though and transferred this year to Midwestern State (I think) in his hometown for his senior year.

i was 5'10 180 and it was the only game that i played there. i was a defensive end for the entire season except for that one. we were the most disciplined team in the conference so we had no trouble against it. it was easy the tackles and ends had the fb. the ends also read the qb. the olb got the pitch man. and the safety got the qb. we ran a 4-4 defense and were pretty much unstoppable to gain yards on. we all took our own men no matter what so the olb would always nail the qb if he didnt give it to the fullback because the safety would be all over the pitchmen.
Old 07-08-2004, 09:14 PM   #10
ADW
Pro

OVR: 6

Wing-T concepts are in NCAA 2004. You guys do realize that the wing-t offense isn't just a particular formation? It's a concept not a formation. It's a four back system for moving the ball that is based on creating assignment conflicts for the defense. If the defense reacts a certain way they open themselves up for something else. Nowhere in any wing-t book will you find the wing-t defined as the bucksweep series or a wing formation. For example if you're familiar with the wing-t numbering system and formation names you'll see that Roger and Louie series plays are plays that are run from spread type trip formations. This terminology is from the Tubby Raymond system. Delaware State from the MEAC runs the wing-t offense.
Old 07-08-2004, 10:57 PM   #11
Pro

southside_hitmen's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:

ADW said:
Wing-T concepts are in NCAA 2004. You guys do realize that the wing-t offense isn't just a particular formation? It's a concept not a formation. It's a four back system for moving the ball that is based on creating assignment conflicts for the defense. If the defense reacts a certain way they open themselves up for something else. Nowhere in any wing-t book will you find the wing-t defined as the bucksweep series or a wing formation. For example if you're familiar with the wing-t numbering system and formation names you'll see that Roger and Louie series plays are plays that are run from spread type trip formations. This terminology is from the Tubby Raymond system. Delaware State from the MEAC runs the wing-t offense.

Very good, ADW, you get a gold star. We are a wing-t team by definition but we rarely use the actual base formation. To reinforce your point, a quote from the master of the wing-t himself, Delaware coach Harold "Tubby" Raymond, "The Wing-T is more than a formation. It is a versatile offense characterized by a multiple nature. The Wing-T may be correctly described as a four-back formation and a running offense. The Wing-T may also be described as a one-back formation and a spread offense... Wing-T football is sequence football. Sequence football is an attack in which defenders are placed in a position of conflict." From "The Delaware Wing-T: The option Game" by Harold R. "Tubby" Raymond ALso looking throught the book I see only one instance in which the play diagrams are actually shown from the base formation. Peace
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-08-2004, 11:13 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 2

i have nothing but distain for the Wing-T lmao. **HS flashbacks** lol

We were the big and strong team, while the WingT team was short and scrawny, however we ended up blowing it. I was a LT and we dominated the smaller team on offense, scoring left and right.

however, as many of you have alluded to, the Wing T demands a diciplined defense, and thats something we didnt have. The WingT is one of those offenses when its ran correctly its like symphony.
Old 07-08-2004, 11:40 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 1

well the wing T for us was 1 of the following: A strong set. a weak set. or a base I: all with a wingback. The biggest problem I had using Flexbone as Wing-T is that there are not enough runs for the Wingback.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »