Home

Transferring players

This is a discussion on Transferring players within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-13-2004, 10:38 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Transferring players

I am playing as the Idaho Vandals and I simmed through a season. When it came to the off season, I set my discipline at 40 and all others accordingly. When I went to recruit, I saw a popup of two guys who wanted to transfer to Idaho(don't ask why). One was #14 qb from the Oregon Ducks. The other was #25 rb from Nevada. I really didn't have a great recruiting class, but these recruits would help alot. When I went to set my depth chart for the next season, I tried to put my transfers in as starters. A screen popped up and said since these two guys were transfers they would have to set for the season. As everyone knows, when you transfer to another school you have to sit out for a season. All at once when I saw this I was both pissed and happy. Pissed because these two guys could greatly help my team, happy because it was very realistic.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2004, 10:41 AM   #2
Sweettouch

Dame's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: Transferring players

thats real tight i'm happy as well but i created my school and simulated and nobody wants to transferr to my school. lol
Old 07-13-2004, 12:42 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 4

It also seems like if you have a top notch school your playing with your never gonna get transfers. But you will get a lot of guys on your team transfering to smaller schools.
Old 07-13-2004, 12:53 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

OVR: 50

That sounds good MGO. I always was thrilled when I heard they sit out a season.

Question, say you have a player transfer and he has to sit out a season, can you redshirt him?
Old 07-13-2004, 12:56 PM   #5
Pro

OVR: 6

I think you can if they haven't already redshirted at the other school. There's no age limit that I know of so it's just eligibility seasons.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2004, 01:09 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 1

Both of the guys who transferred in to Idaho had been redshirted at their respective schools, so they will lose a year of eligibility. But a plus is that both of the transfers were nicely rated. The qb was a 75 and a sophmore, the rb was 74 and a redshirt freshman.
Old 07-13-2004, 01:35 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 10

Actually I don't think they'll lose a year. Sitting out a year due to transfer is just like redshirting.
Old 07-13-2004, 01:46 PM   #8
Pro

OVR: 4

If a player who has redshirted transfers he will lose a year of eligibility. If he hasn't used his redshirt year he can use it and retain that year of eligibility.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »