Home

I FIGURE OUT THE SLOWDOWN PROBLEM(ITS FIXABLE)

This is a discussion on I FIGURE OUT THE SLOWDOWN PROBLEM(ITS FIXABLE) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-13-2004, 02:08 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 11
Re: I FIGURE OUT THE SLOWDOWN PROBLEM(ITS FIXABLE)

Quote:

ExtremeGamer77 said:
Quote:

8bit said:
this thread if for people who have the game and are very disapointed and frustrated about the slowdown, and it has a way of being fixed. This thread is important as it will help many people.

I have a Widescreen HDTV, and I notice ZERO slowdown. I have my XBox set to 480p, 720p, and 1080i and to widescreen. So I don't think that's it.

thats good for you then, but for me, it wentfrom horriblre slowdown with widescreen on, to turning it off and it running smooth as a button. The xbox is now in my basement on an old tv and i am finally enjoying this game!!!!
Old 07-13-2004, 02:08 PM   #10
Banned

AirLobo23's Arena

OVR: 16

I absolutely cannot believe the difference it makes to disable widesreen mode....8 bit is 100% correct on this guys....i bet you all the guys that are having framerate problems have hdtv's....

game runs as smooth as butter when you disable widescreen...you can still leave 480p enabled.

bravo 8 bit...
Old 07-13-2004, 02:13 PM   #11
Rookie

GMOW's Arena

OVR: 2

Thanks for figuring that one out.
Now I am defiantly getting the x box version.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2004, 02:22 PM   #12
Extra Life 11/3/18

ExtremeGamer's Arena

OVR: 70

Quote:

8bit said:
Quote:

ExtremeGamer77 said:
Quote:

8bit said:
this thread if for people who have the game and are very disapointed and frustrated about the slowdown, and it has a way of being fixed. This thread is important as it will help many people.

I have a Widescreen HDTV, and I notice ZERO slowdown. I have my XBox set to 480p, 720p, and 1080i and to widescreen. So I don't think that's it.

thats good for you then, but for me, it wentfrom horriblre slowdown with widescreen on, to turning it off and it running smooth as a button. The xbox is now in my basement on an old tv and i am finally enjoying this game!!!!

It's so strange. I'll try it again tonight, play a few games both ways and see if I notice anything. Maybe it's just me and I didn't pick it up or something, because it sounds like you are right. I'll let you know what I discover as well.
Old 07-13-2004, 02:22 PM   #13
D*tr**t F*nb*y

lionsfan49's Arena

OVR: 9

I havent really noticed slowdown...I am running a 51 inch HDTV sony widescreen and have widescreen enabled on XBOX. After I finish this game I will see if the game runs faster.
Old 07-13-2004, 02:25 PM   #14
Banned

AirLobo23's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:

lionsfan49 said:
I havent really noticed slowdown...I am running a 51 inch HDTV sony widescreen and have widescreen enabled on XBOX. After I finish this game I will see if the game runs faster.

I guarantee all you guys will notice a HUGE difference once you disable widescreen mode. It's like i'm playing another game.
Old 07-13-2004, 02:28 PM   #15
Rookie

GaryM05's Arena

OVR: 2

I have an idiotic question here from an HDTV newbie: Is it possible to have widescreen mode turned off on the XBOX, but still play the game in 16:9 on a widescreen TV?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2004, 02:30 PM   #16
Pro

OVR: 6

So does this mean that every person that is/war experiencing slowdown had a HDTV?

Anyone without a HDTV still experiencing slowdown?
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »