Home

Help with Clarett ratings...

This is a discussion on Help with Clarett ratings... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-13-2004, 05:13 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 1
Re: Help with Clarett ratings...

Quote:

xboxfever said:
Quote:

Spayzee said:
Yeah I'd make him a little better than last years game. Overall he's gotta be somewhere between 96-99. He woulda dominated at the college level his sophomore and junior year.

Clarett was 6th or 7th in the Big 10 his freshman year. He was highly overated and he was injury prone.

Um no. THe guy played in I think 8 games and ran for like 1300 yards. Not only that but he was a FRESHMAN!!!!! Key word there is FRESHMAN.
Old 07-13-2004, 06:05 PM   #10
All Star

OVR: 21

Quote:

Spayzee said:
Quote:

xboxfever said:
Quote:

Spayzee said:
Yeah I'd make him a little better than last years game. Overall he's gotta be somewhere between 96-99. He woulda dominated at the college level his sophomore and junior year.

Clarett was 6th or 7th in the Big 10 his freshman year. He was highly overated and he was injury prone.

Um no. THe guy played in I think 8 games and ran for like 1300 yards. Not only that but he was a FRESHMAN!!!!! Key word there is FRESHMAN.

Talented, yes. But the fact that he only played in 8 games makes him injury prone.
Old 07-13-2004, 08:33 PM   #11
MVP

WatchdogXC's Arena

OVR: 15

Clarett has supposedly missed a game due to injury every year since 8th grade. When he was healthy as a freshman, he was amazing to watch. When he came back at the end of the year and in the Fiesta Bowl, he wasn't the same runner he was at the beginning of the year.

I remember that Northwestern game. Tim Spencer was getting in his face after he fumbled a couple of times.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2004, 08:49 PM   #12
MVP

Bill_Abner's Arena

OVR: 12

Injury prone, most definitely. Overrated? Hardly. Maurice Clarett was the best freshman tailback that I had seen in D1 college ball since Herschel Walker. You can bash him for many well documented reasons, but a lack of talent is not one of them. You don't walk on Ohio State campus and break the freshman running record without being a stud. He was a game changer. He changed the outcome of the Washington State game, the Texas Tech game, the Michigan game, and the Fiesta Bowl. As much of a punk as he is, he was a fantastic college running back.

As for ratings--hard to say. What made Clarett great was his vision. He saw the hole before it was there and knew when to accelerate through it. Average speed for a RB but his size made up for that. Excellent break tackle, very good receiver, amazing agility for a 230 LB bruiser. His biggest weakness as a player was his ability to get hurt and he'd fumble every now and then. I wouldn't put him as a 96-99 as a Freshman; that's too high, but I'd say he's mid to high 80s right off the bat.
Old 07-13-2004, 08:58 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:

preclose said:
Yeah, Discipline and composure should be damn low. Remember when he started crying vs Northwestern?

I remember that.

I love Ohio State but Clarret was such a idiot. I'm glad he's gone.
Old 07-14-2004, 03:32 AM   #14
Pro

OVR: 8

Not a clarette fan at all but true he is or was a good running back but don't forget that the holes he ran through you could park a truck in he had a great line that made holes. You don't have to read when the lanes are that wide open. Also besides Miami who did he really have big games against.

Just my 2 cents, to bad the kid turned out the way he did wonder who was pumping his head because he is damn sure not a ricky williams or even a Darrien Sproles.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »