Home

EA Servers

This is a discussion on EA Servers within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-13-2004, 08:12 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: EA Servers

Quote:

ochoco said:
Quote:

Wreckroom said:
It's not your connection, it's not XBOX Live its EA's Servers...

EA better get on the ball, even when I was online I couldn't access my friends list because I was on EA's servers and when I tried to add a "friend" to the EA Messenger it just locked up...This game is "Online Enabled" but it isn't an "XBOX Live" game by a LONGGGG shot...It just seems so damn disorganized...

Kinda brings to light one of Microsofts reasons for not wanting to let EA have their own servers...

Its funny you say that, now I finally understand why Microsoft was being so uptight about other companies running their own servers...

Damn am I dissapointed, I'm sure things will get better but this just increases my anticipation for July 21st 10 fold...
Old 07-13-2004, 08:15 PM   #10
Pac12fan

ochoco's Arena

OVR: 12

Don't get me wrong....I'm sure Microsoft had plenty of greedy self serving reasons as well but EA's track record with their severs in the past isn't neccessarily a good one...
Old 07-13-2004, 09:05 PM   #11
Rookie

I got online for all of 2 minutes and started checking out the options. The stat tracking looks great... and errrrrrr..... boot . I haven't been able to get back on. Someone at EA needs to feed the gerbils.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2004, 09:07 PM   #12
Rookie

TylerDurdenVol's Arena

OVR: 4

This game is slow as hell and I can't log on either so I would say my day of looking foreward to this game has been a total bust!I still love my x box but ea has let me down in a big way!
Old 07-13-2004, 09:09 PM   #13
Rookie

I'm pissed b/c the stats from my first win didn't register, and NOTHING from the second game registered. I had a sweet game and I didn't even get credit for the win, b/c when the game ends, the xbox can't connect to EA servers to send the info. Bah!!
Old 07-13-2004, 09:13 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 3

This is exactly why MS wanted to keep control of the servers, it makes Xbox Live look bad overall, plus the uninformed gamer will think it's entirely MS's fault instead of EA's.

I desperately wanted this game, but after reading about the framerate/slowdown issues, and the online problems so far, I'm just gonna wait and rent it first.
Old 07-13-2004, 09:14 PM   #15
MVP

OVR: 8

samething happened to me also sam i had a great 28-0 shutout and when the game was loading back to lobby the servers went down and i got nothing for it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2004, 09:17 PM   #16
Rookie

pbeav001's Arena

Sam: I had the exact same problem tonight. As soon as we end the game, it boots me from the EA server. No stats get recorded. Then, it takes 10 or so tries to get back on. When I get back on, I try to answer friend requests from the people that I just played, and it boots me again and again. EA, GET YOUR SH@! TOGETHER!!!!! First the Madden Xbox debacle last year and now this!?!?!?!? And to think that they wanted to charge us a PREMIUM over the regular Xbox Live subscription?!!?!? (cue the PS2 fanboys to come in and laugh.....)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »