Home

EA Servers

This is a discussion on EA Servers within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-13-2004, 07:39 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
EA Servers

what is up with these servers guys? always problems! you get on... play a game or 2... and get knocked off. then you cant sign back on. what is wrong with the forums, and does anyone know if they are going to be fixed so they run correctly?

This question is especially about the xbox servers. I dont know how the ps2 servers are doing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2004, 07:43 PM   #2
Pac12fan

ochoco's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: EA Servers

I'm sure that its business as usual for EA as far as the servers go. I have been involved with a couple of different EA online games and at the game launch the servers were EXTREMELY underpowered/equiped. One of the games we even did beta stress tests so it wouldn't happen and it still happened.

They seem to do just enough for it to work and then adapt to it as they HAVE to. Rather than just beef it up to begin with.

I'm sure alot of it is due to the massive amount of people signing on right now and setting things up.
Old 07-13-2004, 07:46 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 5

I haven't been able to log on to the EA servers period! I can play any other Xbox Live game on MS server, but no luck with EA at all. I've had the game since 8am. If this continues I'll just take the game back and wait for my ESPN order next week.
Old 07-13-2004, 07:50 PM   #4
Banned

Buckaholic's Arena

OVR: 5

Well I'm glad I saw this post cause I was about to call EA cause I can't get on. Don't know if it's my connection setup or not. But it looks like none of you can get on either.
Old 07-13-2004, 07:56 PM   #5
Rookie

No sh&t.

Don't they test their stuff.

Most people would be fired if they were responsible for this type of non-working stuffjavascript:void(0)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2004, 07:58 PM   #6
Rookie

It's not your connection, it's not XBOX Live its EA's Servers...

EA better get on the ball, even when I was online I couldn't access my friends list because I was on EA's servers and when I tried to add a "friend" to the EA Messenger it just locked up...This game is "Online Enabled" but it isn't an "XBOX Live" game by a LONGGGG shot...It just seems so damn disorganized...
Old 07-13-2004, 08:01 PM   #7
Pac12fan

ochoco's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:

Wreckroom said:
It's not your connection, it's not XBOX Live its EA's Servers...

EA better get on the ball, even when I was online I couldn't access my friends list because I was on EA's servers and when I tried to add a "friend" to the EA Messenger it just locked up...This game is "Online Enabled" but it isn't an "XBOX Live" game by a LONGGGG shot...It just seems so damn disorganized...

Kinda brings to light one of Microsofts reasons for not wanting to let EA have their own servers...
Old 07-13-2004, 08:06 PM   #8
Operation Sports Fan

Longhorn33's Arena

OVR: 9

Man I really want to play a game online to see what it is like...Hope EA gets it fixed.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »