Home

If we had to customize it all..would you?

This is a discussion on If we had to customize it all..would you? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 03-02-2016, 04:05 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: If we had to customize it all..would you?

This would be a pretty big hit. There are so many people who loved NCAA and want it back. Especially if they had a good online area where you can edit everything, either through your console or on your computer. Think if they had it setup that you go online and have a roster or rosters be like Wiki. You could go on and fix current roster or make new teams howerver you wanted, then download it.
Old 03-02-2016, 04:22 PM   #10
Air Raid

Dr Death's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsr862
What perks would need to be added in for you.
Yes, I would do it, but the one thing that MUST be done is for the game and the commentators to know how to do simple math!

In NCAA '14, you start a drive at your 15 yard line, drive down the field and score a TD. But the drive chart will say... 13 plays 78 yards or something equally pathetic.

As someone who writes down drives, this drives me nuts. Many times I have to go into the "Highlights" and track my own drive, particularly on drives that end in FG's, since EA decided to NOT show how long a FG drive is.

And, another thing, you have the ball at your 20, you run a play that gains 4 yards. You'll hear the stadium announcer say... "Gain of 5 yards. That brings up 2nd and 6."

Really? First and 10, gain of 4, yet you say 5, but now it's second and six? There are times when this game feels like it was made by the laziest people on the planet.

So, yes, I would love a custom, do-it-yourself game. Just so long as the people making it know how to do math!

Old 03-02-2016, 04:59 PM   #11
MVP

SilverBullet19's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Death
Yes, I would do it, but the one thing that MUST be done is for the game and the commentators to know how to do simple math!

In NCAA '14, you start a drive at your 15 yard line, drive down the field and score a TD. But the drive chart will say... 13 plays 78 yards or something equally pathetic.

As someone who writes down drives, this drives me nuts. Many times I have to go into the "Highlights" and track my own drive, particularly on drives that end in FG's, since EA decided to NOT show how long a FG drive is.

And, another thing, you have the ball at your 20, you run a play that gains 4 yards. You'll hear the stadium announcer say... "Gain of 5 yards. That brings up 2nd and 6."

Really? First and 10, gain of 4, yet you say 5, but now it's second and six? There are times when this game feels like it was made by the laziest people on the planet.

So, yes, I would love a custom, do-it-yourself game. Just so long as the people making it know how to do math!
This bothers me too. I had to start writing down where my drive started.

I think the reason is because of imperfectly and inconsistent rounding of numbers. For example:

You're at the 20. You gain 4.5 yards. The ball is spotted correctly, but:
-you get rounded DOWN to 4 yards on the play
-The computer rounds the ball spot UP to the 25...eliminating 1 yard from the drive

Now, because the computer essentially gave you an extra yard, its a 79 yard TD drive. Have a few plays like this and suddenly your 80 yard drive is 74 yards.

Major Boise State fan
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-02-2016, 08:21 PM   #12
MVP

Toupal's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsr862
I have had many conversations with people about an all Customized game for college ball. With the understanding that perhaps customizing wont make it 100% authentic, but With say a team builder (very more advanced) and Stadium builder option. Roster sharing, Custom Conference, Rename conference options etc.

IF they would come out with a very Generic college game Etc. Florida Sharks or Michigan Great Lakes anything dumb like that, but the fans have the option to Customize everything to at least get it 85%-90% authentic would you go for it? With the option to say use 130-135 slots for teambuilder etc. What perks would need to be added in for you.

P.S. No NCAA logos or actual Conference logos to be used without EA getting license of course, but as a fan we could customize conference from say " SEASIDE CONFERENCE" change to PAC-12 etc.
IN A HEART BEAT!!!!

If EA gave us a blank football game and allowed us to customize teams with a team builder website, roster editor, stadium builder, and all of that. I would be all over this.

From their we could customize the game however we wanted to.

Editing rosters used to be my favorite part about NCAA, and I loved the online team builder. Nothing would make me happier than if I had the chance to fully edit a team from stadium, to fans, to uniforms, to logos, to location, and everything in between.

Last edited by Toupal; 03-02-2016 at 08:25 PM. Reason: Spelling error
Old 03-03-2016, 01:42 PM   #13
Pro

without a doubt. I used the ea db editor to create over 1/4th of my recruiting class anyway. Honestly if NCAA 14 had the newer uniforms I'd be content with that game for quite sometime due to the editor.
Old 03-03-2016, 01:44 PM   #14
Pro

I use the editor so much for recruiting and updating my roster's weights and etc in the offseason, If they came out with ncaa 17 next year and it had no usable ea db editor, I'd be pretty lost...lol

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »