Home

recruiting is still easy

This is a discussion on recruiting is still easy within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-15-2004, 03:40 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
recruiting is still easy

I went 11-1 with PSU and beat VT in the rose bowl. i set my budget at 40% recruiting, and ended up with 8 5 star players and 4 4 stars. i got the 3 best LBS there were, and when i changed ones position to DE, he was a 93 true frosh. I think about 7 of em were in the 80s as freshmen. I thought it was supposd to be a lot harder...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2004, 04:09 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: recruiting is still easy

Well a few things:

1) Don't pump up your recruiting to 40
2) Set yourself to a realistic limit of 5 star players to go after. I ussually do not allow myself to go after more then 4 5 stars. If I miss out on one, I don't go after another.
3) Use some points scouting.
4) Don't over recruit. Do your recruiting so that you never cut anyone. This is realistic.

I do this on this years, and recruiting is not a cake walk by any means.
Old 07-15-2004, 04:20 AM   #3
Rookie

1) i see what happens now...my training wasnt too great becase dan connor and anthony morelli (both real life stud recruits last year) only went up 2 each, and others didnt do too much. Also, i only have 68 discipline pts.

2) Ea should fix it somehow...i dont like self imposed rules

3) will do more

4) dont need to cut

i should probably put much more towards traing now, especially after having such a good class come in
Old 07-15-2004, 06:21 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:

TexasRenegade said:
Well a few things:

2) Set yourself to a realistic limit of 5 star players to go after. I ussually do not allow myself to go after more then 4 5 stars. If I miss out on one, I don't go after another.
4) Don't over recruit. Do your recruiting so that you never cut anyone. This is realistic.

#4 i disagree with, real teams have 100 players sometimes, this game has 70 max, so how is that in any way realistic? 70 is better than last year obviously, but certainly doesn't compare to the real sport.
Old 07-15-2004, 08:45 AM   #5
MVP

OVR: 17

Quote:

TexasRenegade said:
Well a few things:

I agree that we are going to have to do this, but this should not be the case. My best recruiting year so far is 8 five stars and 8 four stars. From reading boards and interviews I actually that what I did was unique... so I took a picture of the tv.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2004, 09:06 AM   #6
All Star

OVR: 32

My problem with recruiting in this game and past year's games is that you need to use house rules when recruiting or else you'll just have a ridiculously amazing team.
Old 07-15-2004, 10:10 AM   #7
Rookie

11-1 at a big time football school, it shouldn't be too hard to recruit great talent. When you factor in Program and Coach prestige, who wouldn't want to go there....
If you were 7-5, you would have less points to recruit with and therefore less players....

try using a 2-3 (maybe even a 1) prestige school, even at 11-1 you would not recruit that much talent unless you did it consistently, at which point you would be a 3,4,5 prestige which in turn would make recruiting better talent easier.....

sorry I know its a bit long-winded....
Old 07-15-2004, 10:31 AM   #8
Rookie

tinman's Arena

OVR: 5

I think the results you got were actually pretty accurate. You alloted nealry half of your budget towards recruiting, so you should get an excellent class. If a big school in real life spent that much of their budget on recruiting and dismissed training and discipline, they'd also probably get a pretty stellar class. And then find themselves being talked about on Sportscenter for all of these discipline issues. You will now probably see slight gains during training and discipline will be a problem. Enjoy that class cause you may find yourself on probation next year or losing some scholarships.

Always interesting how some people play the game unrealistically and expect realistic things to happen as a result of these unrealistic actions.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »