Home

Injury hold outs

This is a discussion on Injury hold outs within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-31-2016, 11:30 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Injury hold outs

Does anyone have a way they hold players out of games for weeks for injuries. If a player gets a mild concussion I hold them out for the next game as well. 2 mild concussions in same season your done for the year. I was wondering if anyone has a list what they do with other injuries such as sprained backs ect. Basically the injury that keep a player out of the rest of the game and if you hold them out some weeks after as well.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-01-2016, 04:26 AM   #2
Air Raid

Dr Death's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: Injury hold outs

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsr862
Does anyone have a way they hold players out of games for weeks for injuries. If a player gets a mild concussion I hold them out for the next game as well. 2 mild concussions in same season your done for the year. I was wondering if anyone has a list what they do with other injuries such as sprained backs ect. Basically the injury that keep a player out of the rest of the game and if you hold them out some weeks after as well.
I do this as well, because I try to be as authentic as possible. If it's a minor injury, like a sprained ankle, and he's not a DB or WR or RB, then he'll play the next week. A skill position player will get the next week off.

I've never had a player get two concussions in the same year, but if one did, I would treat it as you do.

Old 04-01-2016, 10:32 AM   #3

Cheese2121's Arena

OVR: 1

I would also love to hear what "rules" people have!

XBL Gamer Tag: MrCheese2121 (feel free to add/message me!)

Currently Playing:
NCAA '12 (Xbox 360)
Old 04-02-2016, 01:42 PM   #4
MVP

heitkamp94's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheese2121
I would also love to hear what "rules" people have!
With it seeming like there are players who get in trouble and are suspended virtually every game, I came up with a simple system of my own to add some realism. It's not amazing but a quick thing to add some variety to my dynasty (since EA dropped this feature).

I break down the team in to 6 position groups QB/RB, WR/TE, OL, DL, LB, DB and assign the top 6 guys in each position group a number 1-6. I then roll a dice, the first number that comes up indicates which position group will be effected, a second roll identifies which player from that group that will be suspended. One final roll tells me why the player was suspended. To keep things simple I also came up with 6 categories of "trouble", they are academics, practice, personal (not really suspension more like illness, death in the family etc..), team rule and then 2 legal categories, one minor, one serious. The 2nd legal category gets a bonus roll, the corresponding number indicated how many games the player will miss. All other categories are 1 game the first incident and increase if a player is a repeat offender.

Like I said, not too complicated but a simple, fun way to add some realism. I also use a similar method on CH2K8.
Old 04-03-2016, 09:46 AM   #5

Cheese2121's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by heitkamp94
With it seeming like there are players who get in trouble and are suspended virtually every game, I came up with a simple system of my own to add some realism. It's not amazing but a quick thing to add some variety to my dynasty (since EA dropped this feature).

I break down the team in to 6 position groups QB/RB, WR/TE, OL, DL, LB, DB and assign the top 6 guys in each position group a number 1-6. I then roll a dice, the first number that comes up indicates which position group will be effected, a second roll identifies which player from that group that will be suspended. One final roll tells me why the player was suspended. To keep things simple I also came up with 6 categories of "trouble", they are academics, practice, personal (not really suspension more like illness, death in the family etc..), team rule and then 2 legal categories, one minor, one serious. The 2nd legal category gets a bonus roll, the corresponding number indicated how many games the player will miss. All other categories are 1 game the first incident and increase if a player is a repeat offender.

Like I said, not too complicated but a simple, fun way to add some realism. I also use a similar method on CH2K8.
Very interesting idea. I like it a lot. How often are you doing the roll? Every game?

XBL Gamer Tag: MrCheese2121 (feel free to add/message me!)

Currently Playing:
NCAA '12 (Xbox 360)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-06-2016, 04:43 PM   #6
MVP

SilverBullet19's Arena

OVR: 0

I hold them out by moving them to the bottom of the depth chart at their position. I only have rules for minor injuries.

Mild Concussion
-Miss next game
-2nd week is a coin flip: heads they're out, tails they're good to play

Other mild "out for game injuries"
-Coin flip: heads they can play the next week in a LIMITED capacity. I.E. a running back would be limited to under 10 carries, or I limit them to about 25% of the total plays
-Tails they miss the game

I am still coming up with more as I go.

Major Boise State fan
Old 04-06-2016, 06:53 PM   #7
All Star

beast10's Arena

OVR: 36

To make things simple, I'd suggest generating a training (medical) staff quality number ranging from 50-100.. The higher it is, the more precise the game-given recovery times are, and vice versa..

The default hold outs are judged more towards schools with top tier medical staffs. Recovery durations at Alabama and South Alabama are probably a lot different...

Last edited by beast10; 04-06-2016 at 07:00 PM.
Old 04-07-2016, 08:25 AM   #8
Just started!

OVR: 0

All other categories are 1 game the first incident and increase if a player is a repeat offender.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »