Home

EA's response to the slowdown problem

This is a discussion on EA's response to the slowdown problem within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-15-2004, 09:18 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
EA\'s response to the slowdown problem

Taken from their technical support forums.

Q: Why am I having graphical corruptions ?

A: If you are using a High-Definition television, be sure that you are using the Microsoft Xbox High Definition pack. This game is not intended for use with a projection television. If you are still having issues with graphical corruptions, contact Microsoft for Xbox support at 1-800-4MY-XBOX.

Unbelievable. Congrats to EA for making the first Xbox game not compatible with projection TVs. I'm playing on a 48" Mitsubishi Widescreen in 480p and after the play starts, it feels like my players are wearing concrete shoes trying to wade through a swamp. I ordered this game directly from EA.com and I emailed them demanding my money back.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2004, 09:33 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: EA\'s response to the slowdown problem

LOL. The game plays the same on a tube HDTV as it does on a projection HDTV. It's not like it would know. It's the same signal coming out of the advanced/component A/V kit from Microsoft @ 480p widescreen.
Old 07-15-2004, 09:34 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 9

your TV has NOTHING to do with the fact that the game is slow.

why would it, are some of you people that dumb.

Its all in the machine...all the problems. it cant be the cable, TV, stereo, weather outside. the only thing it can be is the game itself.
Old 07-15-2004, 09:40 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 7

I definately see slowdown when running up the gut and I have nowhere near a HDTV.
Old 07-15-2004, 09:55 PM   #5
L*v* *nd H*n*r t* M**m*

mazhirui's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:

bill0527 said:

A: If you are using a High-Definition television, be sure that you are using the Microsoft Xbox High Definition pack. This game is not intended for use with a projection television. If you are still having issues with graphical corruptions, contact Microsoft for Xbox support at 1-800-4MY-XBOX.

Unbelievable. Congrats to EA for making the first Xbox game not compatible with projection TVs. I'm playing on a 48" Mitsubishi Widescreen in 480p and after the play starts, it feels like my players are wearing concrete shoes trying to wade through a swamp. I ordered this game directly from EA.com and I emailed them demanding my money back.

Graphical corruptions are NOT the same thing as slowdown. A graphical corruption might be something like textures not displaying properly, etc. You looked up the wrong problem.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2004, 11:04 PM   #6
Rookie

jackson's Arena

just to through more clout on the situation, i have a xbox hd pack along with top of the line monster cables and low and behold, slowdown galore. way to go ea.
Old 07-15-2004, 11:31 PM   #7
Pro

damn...sorry to hear the probs for you XBOX guys......im glad i got it for the PS2.
Old 07-16-2004, 08:50 AM   #8
Rookie

Quote:

bill0527 said:

Projection TV's are not recommended for gaming period. They shorten the life span of those TV's due to burn-in. Open your xbox or PS2 console manuals and it will tell you the same thing. I agree with the other guy too though...graphical corruption and slowdown are two separate issues.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »