Home

I found out what the passing game problem is!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is a discussion on I found out what the passing game problem is!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-16-2004, 11:56 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: I found out what the passing game problem is!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Camulos,

I agree that DB's can watch the throw and make a break on the ball, but they are also watching thier assigned receivers and can't just stare at the QB or the receiver will blow by them. The DB's in this game break before the ball leaves the QB's hands, at the time the button is pressed. This is the unrealistic part I'm referring to.
Old 07-16-2004, 12:04 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:

camulos said:
DB's break on the ball as soon as its thrown so if someone is wide open when its thrown they probably wont be when the ball gets there. You just need to work on timing the throw so it hits the receiver as he's getting open. This is what real QB's need to do and is actually very realistic.

NO. I was a db and your job is to focus on the man your guarding or the one thats in your zone there is never a reason to leave your man because if the ball is in the air and your focused on your man you wouldnt know the ball was even passed yet but the db's on ncaa and im sure madden will have this also have eyes in the back of there heads and they can focus on there man and the ball thats being thrown.=unrealistic, the truth is if a db really did that in real life the qb would pump fake him and beat him everytime but that doesnt work in this game.
Old 07-16-2004, 12:11 PM   #11
Stu
All Star

Stu's Arena

OVR: 24

I guess my point was more that the end result is more realistic in terms of requiring you to play more like an actual QB would ,rather than just chucking the ball up there like in previous years.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2004, 12:21 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:

nflnutt said:
Quote:

camulos said:
DB's break on the ball as soon as its thrown so if someone is wide open when its thrown they probably wont be when the ball gets there. You just need to work on timing the throw so it hits the receiver as he's getting open. This is what real QB's need to do and is actually very realistic.

NO. I was a db and your job is to focus on the man your guarding or the one thats in your zone there is never a reason to leave your man because if the ball is in the air and your focused on your man you wouldnt know the ball was even passed yet but the db's on ncaa and im sure madden will have this also have eyes in the back of there heads and they can focus on there man and the ball thats being thrown.=unrealistic, the truth is if a db really did that in real life the qb would pump fake him and beat him everytime but that doesnt work in this game.

I too played DB and yes your job was to focus on the man you were guarding but we were also coached to watch the QB and where he is looking to throw too (especially in zone coverage) . If all DB's ever did was watch the receiver, then what would be the point in pump fakes and play action...the receiver would still always be theoretically covered.
Old 07-16-2004, 12:22 PM   #13
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:

nflnutt said:
Quote:

camulos said:

No offense, but you must have been just a high school DB because no matter who your supposed to cover, you eventually still have to flow to the direction of the ball to make a play, so I'm glad to see when multiple DBs are smothering a reciever because that means they are hiding their zone well and you can't see it off the bat. If they're breaking to the ball when you press the button, hell just pump fake and throw them off or change your style up. I swear when one thing gets better, people find a million other things to complain about but it shouldn't be this.
Old 07-16-2004, 12:34 PM   #14
MVP

faster's Arena

OVR: 13

HAVE ANY OF YOU PLAYED NCAA FOOTBALL BEFORE????????

Welcome to the world of Madden and NCAA... it's how the AI has always been, and always will be. Period.

No ones used to this by now?
Old 07-16-2004, 12:40 PM   #15
MVP

TidePride50's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:

penguit said:
HAVE ANY OF YOU PLAYED NCAA FOOTBALL BEFORE????????

Welcome to the world of Madden and NCAA... it's how the AI has always been, and always will be. Period.

No ones used to this by now?

Exactly what I was thinking while I was reading this thread.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2004, 12:49 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 3

Actually fellas I dont care what the 2004 series did im looking for improvements and I think that this yr the game should have improved and Im not talking about flowing to the ball im talking about db's leaving there man to make a break on the ball when they arent even facing the qb how can you read the qb's eyes while your running after a reciever give me a break.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »