Home

Should Tiburon stay? Or should it go?

This is a discussion on Should Tiburon stay? Or should it go? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-17-2004, 09:24 PM   #25
Banned

OVR: 1
Re: Should Tiburon stay? Or should it go?

Sometimes I just wonder how many kids get on here and say the computer AI stinks, I am Miami/USC, etc... and I beat San Jose st. 52-10, they should at least give me a game.
I love the game even though I agree it needs some tweaks, it is not that bad. And I agree with the poster who said get rid of it if you do not like and don't buy it anymore. And I sure that they just did not throw something together, this and madden are EA's best sellers, if you think you can do better do it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2004, 10:26 PM   #26
Pro

Dauminator's Arena

OVR: 5

Me, I'm as big a CFB nut as you'll ever find and this game is barely enjoyable. I'm also a big fan of old-school, smashmouth football. Power running games and strong defenses are my style. Here, in NCAA 2005, we have a game where passing is so difficult that one is forced to run the ball pretty much every play. This should fit my style right? Well, you'd think, but I still want/need to pass sometimes and I simply cannot in this game. No sliders, no amount of practice, no nothing has helped. I'm not even playing on Heisman. I'm glad the June Jones offenses of 2004 are gone in favor of stiffer defenses, but, in typical EA/Tiburon fashion, they fixed a problem by going to the other extreme, which solves nothing.

And to the guy who said that poor user play/skill is not an excuse, I hear ya man. I've played many a football video game and have an extensive overall video game experience dating back to the old Atari (not that that's necessarily something to brag about). I don't play near as much as I used to and my skills have dipped somewhat, but there's no reason why I can't at least play a respectable game of NCAA 05. To date, the most points I've scored in a game where I didn't crank down the difficulty out of frustration (meaning I stayed on AA) is 21. 21, with 15 minute quarters, and one of those TD's was defensive. I think my defense has outscored my offense overall. Something is not right. I know the game is still new and I don't expect to be near perfect or anything like that. But I should at least be respectable by now. Come on.
Old 07-17-2004, 11:15 PM   #27
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Dauminator - give it time and you'll get better. When I first got the game I felt the same way.
Old 07-17-2004, 11:37 PM   #28
All Star

p2xgamers's Arena

OVR: 19

Hopefully I won't get bashed for this, but I'd like to see EA Canada get a part in next years game. They make Live, MM, MVP and others (those 3 are on the top of my favorite sports franchises), so why not see what they can do? Or maybe both Tiburon AND EA Canada doing next years version? It's worth a shot IMO.
Old 07-18-2004, 12:30 AM   #29
MVP

OVR: 17

Quote:

p2xgamers said:
Hopefully I won't get bashed for this, but I'd like to see EA Canada get a part in next years game. They make Live, MM, MVP and others (those 3 are on the top of my favorite sports franchises), so why not see what they can do? Or maybe both Tiburon AND EA Canada doing next years version? It's worth a shot IMO.

EA Canada needs to stop making games immediately. The make games with a lot of potential but ultamately can't seal the deal.
Old 07-18-2004, 02:32 AM   #30
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:

Dauminator said:
Me, I'm as big a CFB nut as you'll ever find and this game is barely enjoyable. I'm also a big fan of old-school, smashmouth football. Power running games and strong defenses are my style. Here, in NCAA 2005, we have a game where passing is so difficult that one is forced to run the ball pretty much every play. This should fit my style right? Well, you'd think, but I still want/need to pass sometimes and I simply cannot in this game. No sliders, no amount of practice, no nothing has helped. I'm not even playing on Heisman. I'm glad the June Jones offenses of 2004 are gone in favor of stiffer defenses, but, in typical EA/Tiburon fashion, they fixed a problem by going to the other extreme, which solves nothing.

And to the guy who said that poor user play/skill is not an excuse, I hear ya man. I've played many a football video game and have an extensive overall video game experience dating back to the old Atari (not that that's necessarily something to brag about). I don't play near as much as I used to and my skills have dipped somewhat, but there's no reason why I can't at least play a respectable game of NCAA 05. To date, the most points I've scored in a game where I didn't crank down the difficulty out of frustration (meaning I stayed on AA) is 21. 21, with 15 minute quarters, and one of those TD's was defensive. I think my defense has outscored my offense overall. Something is not right. I know the game is still new and I don't expect to be near perfect or anything like that. But I should at least be respectable by now. Come on.

Practice against a great defensive team with a week offensive team. I did that and now I am scoring like crazy against top-ten teams. AA with default sliders. Although the cpu is averaging negative yards for the whole game.
Old 07-18-2004, 11:00 AM   #31
Legen - WAIT FOR IT

Pared's Arena

OVR: 72

Quote:

brewer67 said:
Foolishness is making a post with no words just icons!

youve been doing that alot its annoying please quit!

Stop concerning yourself with how I post.

You sound like whiny 8 yr. old. Post about the game. That IS why you're here, isn't it?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2004, 11:10 AM   #32
D* W*rk!

Rocky's Arena

OVR: 30

Go. They've done a pretty good job but I think another developer can step in and do a phenomenal job with EA's money much better than Tiburon.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »