Home

Which is more REALISTIC, AA or VARSITY?...now im confused.

This is a discussion on Which is more REALISTIC, AA or VARSITY?...now im confused. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-17-2004, 05:51 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 17
Which is more REALISTIC, AA or VARSITY?...now im confused.

After reading a few posts in the slider section about All American being very dumb and lack of any kind of threating offense by the CPU, I have experienced almost the same thing, the CPU teams I am playing against just dont seem to get it together and move the ball consistently or get into any kind of groove.

Is Varsity more realistic and more challenging this year then AA for some strange reason??

Can someone who has some sort of experience in BOTH skill levels give me some feedback on what they have observed?

I just want to play on a challenging, but competitive cpu level that plays smart but doesnt have the advantage simply due to overbloated ratings like in the Heismann level

Can someone perhaps help me out....even possibly list some good sliders to go along with the level your recommending as being the best to play on?

On AA, the CPU is just not passing well or moving the ball on me and I have only a C+ rated team
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2004, 06:36 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 18
Re: Which is more REALISTIC, AA or VARSITY?...now im confused.

the 4 levels of difficulty each bring the same thing to the table...lack of running game, lots of drops

so what ever you play on, bring your sliders

ol/dl interaction are a major part of the problem...more on that later
Old 07-17-2004, 06:40 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

RubenDouglas's Arena

OVR: 28

maybe it was bad D on my part but I saw solid running and passing on heisman... then again I was down 30 points in the 4th and all they did was run...

before that though.... it seemed really even.
Old 07-17-2004, 06:47 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 18

there is a running game, excuse...

but not to the length i would like to see...too much "midas touch" going on

you know what im talking about...one minute the dl is fighting with the ol then he just breaks off the interaction and sticks out his arm for a tackle

that sh!t is so phony...LMAO...but hey, if tiburon put it in there...they obviously know whats best for me
Old 07-17-2004, 07:09 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 17

guys, please help me answer the question and try not to turn this into a gripe post. I just would like to know how AA stacks up against the Varsity mode....any ideas?

I know the game itself has it's issues ( dated touch-tackling engine, old cut scenes, ect ) but Im really just trying to find out which of all the SKILL levels presents the most realistically challenging.

btw, something cool that wasnt in last year's game. If you pause during a game and goto the depth charts, you actually see the increase and decreases in the player attributes on the fly. Personally, i feel it may give you too much info, cause you can simply choose the other team's roster and see exactly what attributes each player took hits or gains in.
Interesting nonetheless.

Also another thing I noticed is that if you click on matchups from week to week your TEAM POWER RATING actually can change.....I started off the season RATED B- in almost all categories OFFENSE, DEFENSE, SPECIAL TEAMS but after my first 3 losses, I was down to C's
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2004, 07:24 PM   #6
MVP

dust247's Arena

OVR: 14

I play on varsity and the computer seems to run about 20 times a game.
Old 07-17-2004, 08:32 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:

dust247 said:
I play on varsity and the computer seems to run about 20 times a game.

It's not that they don't run it's just that when they do run most times it's not very effective. I play Tecmo Style so I don't really have a huge issue with the CPU rushing against me on AA. As many others before me have stated, passing is my only issue.
Old 07-17-2004, 08:47 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 1

With my Heisman sliders the comp is running 20-30 times a game. 2 games ago I ( South Carolina dynasty ) kept making dumb mistakes and turnovers and lost to Tenn. 49-14 and they had a very good mix of run and pass. The last game I beat Arkansas 31-0 and they ran the ball 30 times and passed 20 something. Overall im 7-2 ( losses to Georgia 27-17 and the Tenn game ). Ive still got Florida to go but so far in my season ive gotten very realistic games and stats.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »