Home

The problem with NCAA infractions

This is a discussion on The problem with NCAA infractions within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-18-2004, 07:06 PM   #9
Banned

Grandmaster1's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: The problem with NCAA infractions

Quote:

CUin2004 said:
Is there any way to turn this crap off? IMO it's just a nuisance. After one game I have my star QB and star RB both being suspended for either 3+ games or the season? WTF?

There has got to be a way to turn it off...

Man,I swear some of you gripe way too much. Look at the schools you guys are using. Florida,FSU,Georgia. Geez if a couple of star players go out,I know there are guys on those squads with a decent enough rating for you not to really miss a beat.

Heck,I like the infractions,although I may have to end up suspending my star free safety for associating with a booster.
Old 07-18-2004, 07:10 PM   #10
Pro

OVR: 5

I wouldn't mind them if there weren't so many.

But, frankly, I'm sick of having my starting FS, starting MLB, starting QB, and top WR out all at once for stupid infractions. There is NO WAY that's realistic. Not even the worst schools have that many problems with their players.
Old 07-18-2004, 07:46 PM   #11
Pro

FSU_Animal's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:

CUin2004 said:
Is there any way to turn this crap off? IMO it's just a nuisance. After one game I have my star QB and star RB both being suspended for either 3+ games or the season? WTF?

There has got to be a way to turn it off...

You don't have to suspend the player. You can take risks by not suspending him, you know?

However, you then have to worry about the NCAA putting you on probation. Just because your star QB parks in a Handicap spot doesn't mean you have to suspend him...or just because your star QB sleeps through the exam doesn't mean you have to suspend him....or just because your star Heisman candidate WR gets this enormous discount at a clothing retailer when others have to pay full price doesn't mean you have to suspend him. It's all up to you whether or not you want to rish being put on probation by the NCAA. It's up to you to decide if winning the National Championship at all costs is more important than losing a couple key players and keeping your school clear from any NCAA infractions which in turns helps you to not lose any scholarships you could be offering to star players for the future.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2004, 08:11 PM   #12
Banned

Grandmaster1's Arena

Quote:

MFootball said:

But, frankly, I'm sick of having my starting FS, starting MLB, starting QB, and top WR out all at once for stupid infractions. There is NO WAY that's realistic. Not even the worst schools have that many problems with their players.

God almighty,geez suspend them for a quarter. Don't tell me you can go that long without them. Or don't suspend them at all. You do have that option,you know.
Old 07-18-2004, 08:24 PM   #13
Pro

OVR: 5

Quote:

Grandmaster1 said:
Quote:

MFootball said:

God almighty,geez suspend them for a quarter. Don't tell me you can go that long without them. Or don't suspend them at all. You do have that option,you know.

Not really, because then I lose 10 players off of my roster...
Old 07-18-2004, 08:36 PM   #14
Banned

OVR: 15

ive been messin around simming some seasons with iowa and i think i just finished the 2007 season, the last 3 years i turned discipline down to 0% and still havent gotten on probation.....
Old 07-18-2004, 09:20 PM   #15
Rookie

I am playing with Arizona State. I suspended my starting left tackle for 2 games for walking out in the middle of wind sprints. I was averaging nearly 300 rushing a game. The two games he was out against Oregon 75 yards, Southern Cal 93 yards. On a mediocre team one guy can make a huge difference. I lost both of those games, I may have lost anyway.....He was definately a factor.

Where do you see how long you are supposed to bench them? I have seen that little clock thing, but not sure what it means.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2004, 09:38 PM   #16
Banned

OVR: 15

if you turn discipline assistance on it reccomends what to do

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »