Home

The problem with NCAA infractions

This is a discussion on The problem with NCAA infractions within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-18-2004, 10:46 PM   #17
MVP

OVR: 15
Re: The problem with NCAA infractions

Man you guys are such goody two shoes. Just don't suspend em if you really need them. If I'm playing a crappy team then I suspend them but if I'm playing a rival or a Top 25 team there is now way I am going to suspend a key starter.

Maybe it'll catch up to me later but you don't need to sit out a guy for a whole game every time. Try 1 or 2 quarters.
Old 07-18-2004, 10:54 PM   #18
MVP

OVR: 7

Quote:

BARAK said:
I am playing with Arizona State. I suspended my starting left tackle for 2 games for walking out in the middle of wind sprints. I was averaging nearly 300 rushing a game. The two games he was out against Oregon 75 yards, Southern Cal 93 yards. On a mediocre team one guy can make a huge difference. I lost both of those games, I may have lost anyway.....He was definately a factor.

Where do you see how long you are supposed to bench them? I have seen that little clock thing, but not sure what it means.

Why arent you passing more, you got Andrew Walter, one of the top 10 QBs.

I had the same problem, had to suspend my starting center because he cheated on exams or something, which cost me a game against Utah b/c we couldnt move the ball at all without him anchoring the line. He can do whatever he wants now, heck, he could get arrested and I wouldnt kick him off the team.
Old 07-18-2004, 10:56 PM   #19
Pro

Dauminator's Arena

OVR: 5

I'm playing with Iowa and I have at least two starters get in trouble every week. I don't want to suspend them, but I can't risk losing scholarships. And the penalties are way too stiff. Chad Greenway "has shown an inability to balance academics, football, and student life, and his grades have dipped slightly" so they recommend a SIX GAME suspension? It was his second academic offense, so I benched him for the first half of the Michigan game (along with Jermelle Lewis and Pete McMahon-is it any wonder I trailed at halftime but overcame to force OT and eventually win?). But by reducing the sentence from six games to a half, the NCAA interest bar shot up to almost half.

I wonder if incurring stiff penalties leads to fewer infractions . . .

Oh, and I don't know what that little meter means, either. To change the suspension time, select a player and press A. This brings up a window that explains the infraction, gives the player's discipline rating, etc . . .
Old 07-18-2004, 11:10 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 1

I've simmed 18 seasons so far and haven't had a single sanction laid on me. Sometimes I will spend extra recruiting points on scouting a prospect, and if their discipline is low I take a pass on them.
Old 07-18-2004, 11:25 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 2

I think if you establish yourself as a hardass at the beginning of the season with strict punishments, players will be less likely to screw up. I think this was the case in my dynasty. I went off in the first few weeks and haven't had a problem in a while
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2004, 01:05 AM   #22
Go Wings!

OVR: 41

Quote:

bdunn13 said:
but I doubt the NCAA would allow EA to say, "he slammed his GF's face into a mailbox or he raped the neighbor's dog(for UT fans)."

I would die if a player infraction popped up, and that was it

I had a starting safety and a backup lineman each break team rules, so I suspended them each for a game...luckily the safety just missed the Miami (OH) game, and the lineman wasn't a key player. I really like this feature, because I know that come the serious part of the season, if a key player breaks a rule, I'll be seesawing back and forth whether to suspend him or whatever.
Old 07-19-2004, 02:53 AM   #23
Banned

mwynn05's Arena

OVR: 1

with my created team (2 star) i played an exhibition game and decided i wanted to start a dynasty. well i have a good half back on the team and right before the first game he gets caught using a cell phone to cheat on a test it said 3 but i ddint really want to do that but if i suspended him less the ncaa interest meter went way too far up so i suspended him. i had very little running game in my first game but i escaped with a 26-20 2ot victory over Hawai'i. next is #24 Missouri I will really need him for this game but he wont be there.
Old 07-19-2004, 03:03 AM   #24
Daydream Believer

Flyboy's Arena

OVR: 26

The only thing I don't like about it is the number of players that it happens to... 3-4 players on a team? I don't know the numbers, but it really doesn't seem like it happens that way especially to the starters, but oh well.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »