Home

Slowdown Video

This is a discussion on Slowdown Video within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-19-2004, 04:50 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Slowdown Video

Quote:

Bears_16_and_0 said:
yeah i dont even notice anything and i have the ps2 version

The slowdown isn't on the PS2. Only the XBox.

I have an XBox and noticed it and didn't think it was a big deal. My brother bought over his PS2 version and, well... XBox gamers are missing out a lot, b/c after seeing his version, the difference really is a lot.
Old 07-19-2004, 05:14 PM   #18
Banned

OVR: 15

i know, im saying i play the ps2 version and that video looks no different
Old 07-19-2004, 05:24 PM   #19
MVP

OVR: 8

Man, the PS2 version runs great. I really don't notice it too much based on that vid. I guess you have to be playing the game to tell the best.
Old 07-19-2004, 05:27 PM   #20
MVP

jujuhound's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:

ochoco said:
So that is the slowdown everyone is complaining about? I thought people were having some uber slow problems that I wasn't having. I have that same kinda slowdown in the running game, just figured it was part of the game.

I wonder how that works online if some people have it and some dont. If I'm getting the slowdown on the running play is there a chance my opponent isn't on the defensive side? It just makes me wonder cause it would sure give them an edge. Also if I am on defense and they run a running play is it slow for me but not for them. I have had a VERY tough time with a few people online shutting down certain run plays, I feel like i can barely move but they dont seem to have a problem... If this is the case then I agree it is a HUGE deal.

Thanks for the vid, I wonder if theres a way to test it online and see if its slow for one but not the other?

I think everyone with the Xbox version probably runs about the same way. It's obviously somewhat dependent on where you play, but the main difference is a matter of perception. Some people can somehow watch those videos and play the game like that and say they have no slowdown. These people aren't lying, they just perceive it differently. I bought the PS2 version b/c that much slowdown would have driven me crazy.
Old 07-19-2004, 06:01 PM   #21
Extra Life 11/3/18

ExtremeGamer's Arena

OVR: 70

Maybe I'm just blind, but where was the slowdown? To me, it looked like the practice mode moved too fast, and the game mode was perfect. Maybe it's just me, but the XBox version plays very realisitc to how a real game is played speed wise. Most backs aren't Carl Lewis.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2004, 07:42 PM   #22
Legen - WAIT FOR IT

Pared's Arena

OVR: 72

Quote:

Bears_16_and_0 said:

You're kidding right? My PS2 version doesn't run like THAT... look at the end of the video.. I can see why XBox owners are complaining now....
Old 07-19-2004, 08:30 PM   #23
Rookie

dbacks01's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:

Pared said:
Quote:

Bears_16_and_0 said:

You're kidding right? My PS2 version doesn't run like THAT... look at the end of the video.. I can see why XBox owners are complaining now....

I just returned my xbox version and picked up the ps2 version after playing the xbox version all week offline and online with massive slowdown I rented the ps2 version and played it all weekend offline and online it was like night and day the ps2 version runs like a dream ea duped all of us xbox owners this year with crappy code port luckily I have an xbox and a ps2.
Old 07-19-2004, 08:42 PM   #24
All Star

p2xgamers's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:

ExtremeGamer77 said:
Maybe I'm just blind, but where was the slowdown? To me, it looked like the practice mode moved too fast, and the game mode was perfect. Maybe it's just me, but the XBox version plays very realisitc to how a real game is played speed wise. Most backs aren't Carl Lewis.

I'm glad I'm not the only one that feels this way. I mean I get a tiny bit of slowdown during a game periodically, but it's not a big deal...in fact it helps me sometimes. (more time to find holes)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »