Home

I had my 1st "football morph" moment last night

This is a discussion on I had my 1st "football morph" moment last night within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-11-2017, 09:01 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
I had my 1st "football morph" moment last night

Do you remember the old installments of NCAA when the football would morph through a defenders body on pass plays, and be caught by the WR behind you?

Well for the first time (that I can recall) I had a football morph through my defender on this game.

Only it wasn't on a pass play, it was on an extra point that I should've blocked!!!! (would've been my 1st FG/Extra point block!)

I was annoyed because I had just fumbled the opening kickoff, the CPU got the ball at the 14 and punched it in on me. So just nonchalantly I took the FS position on the FG block and was going to jump offsides.

But instead I ended up timing the snap perfectly much to my surprise. So I ended up diving (probably a second too early, which might have caused the morph) thinking I was about to get my first FG/Extra Point block ever, and somehow missed. I was like, "How the F did I miss that block???"

So I go to replay, and the ball morphed right through my hand and through my helmet!

I can't recall that happening at all on this game. Can you?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-11-2017, 02:38 PM   #2
Just started!

Re: I had my 1st "football morph" moment last night

Lol I remember one time there was this YouTube video that showed the ball going through a player in Madden 12 or something. I believe it was called "Most Painful Madden Glitch Ever" or something.
Old 01-11-2017, 02:57 PM   #3
Rookie

LOL. Yea, it use to happen ALL the time in football video games. I can remember being in college and having people getting heated about it. Going to the instant replay and the ball would go right through the chest of the defender.

It was like the WR catch animation would override the defenders body boundaries.

I've loved all the College football games, warts and all. This one was just so shocking because I can't recall seeing it happen on this game, in thousands of hours of gameplay.

And because I (still) haven't blocked a FG/PAT attempt.
Old 01-11-2017, 06:31 PM   #4
Data Logger

StoneCalf's Arena

OVR: 1

As ultra-rare and difficult as it is to block FG's in '14, I'd be pretty bummed if my player got in to position block and the ball went through a part of his body. (I think the software term for this kind of glitch is called "clipping" if I'm not mistaken)
18 time National Champions
53 Conference Championships
NCAA 14: 614-182
Old 01-11-2017, 11:37 PM   #5
Get off my lawn

JHamilton9's Arena

Once, I could have sworn that I blocked a punt against a team that was backed up to the end zone. Only the ball was booted to the returner at mid-field.

When I ran the replay, I saw where not only the ball went through the player blocking the punt, but the punter's foot went clear through his body and out his back.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-12-2017, 08:36 AM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton9
Once, I could have sworn that I blocked a punt against a team that was backed up to the end zone. Only the ball was booted to the returner at mid-field.

When I ran the replay, I saw where not only the ball went through the player blocking the punt, but the punter's foot went clear through his body and out his back.

LOL. I've tackled the punter before he could punt the ball a couple of times. I have blocking punts down to a science now, I usually block 2-3 a season.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »