Home

player position change problem

This is a discussion on player position change problem within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-27-2004, 06:12 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
player position change problem

I changed an 80 OVR freshman LB to DE because he becomes an 89 at DE. I redshirt him because i am loaded at DE with 3 good seniors. Im in my first year using him and he cant get any pass rush. He has 90 speed and tackle, but only 70 strength and weighs 230 pounds. I know his strength should go up a bit, but the question is will his weight go up by more than the usual 2-3 i see people gaining in the offseason?
I think he would be a monster if he got up to 260 LBs....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2004, 06:15 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 11
Re: player position change problem

ive noticed that no matter who the player is or how good he is, players are always good at the DE position, it seems like they will be extremely good but i dont think they are really built for the DE spot, so you should probably change him back or to something else
Old 07-27-2004, 06:34 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 4

His weight won't change just because you moved him. But you can change his weight. If I move a LB to DE or even DT I try to use good judegement or personal "house rules" of sorts. A redshirted player can add 15 to 20 per year. Once he is playing I tone that down to 10-15 pounds per year. Going by that it is realistic to have your 230 pound DE make it to 255 by his redshirt sophomore season.

I usually change these kinds of details in the preseason, although changing his weight prior to training may help improve his strength but I've never tested that.
Old 07-27-2004, 07:32 PM   #4
Pro

agte's Arena

OVR: 11

my soph. QB is rated like an 82 at QB and i was just messing to see if you could move around non-athletes and he was a 40 at every postion except DE, and he was like a 44...you'd think he'd be a better RB or something than DE, but whatever
Old 07-27-2004, 07:34 PM   #5
Banned

OHguy00's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:

joer625 said:
I changed an 80 OVR freshman LB to DE because he becomes an 89 at DE. I redshirt him because i am loaded at DE with 3 good seniors. Im in my first year using him and he cant get any pass rush. He has 90 speed and tackle, but only 70 strength and weighs 230 pounds. I know his strength should go up a bit, but the question is will his weight go up by more than the usual 2-3 i see people gaining in the offseason?
I think he would be a monster if he got up to 260 LBs....

You can change his weight yourself, go to appearance.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2004, 07:56 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 1

Everyone projects to be a good DE because they have decent/good speed. It doesnt take a lot to be a good DL in this game, just some speed (maybe some acc/agl if you want), a little stregnth and some tackling.

With the converted DEs, its best to try to rush outside the tackles as they will overpower you because their size/stregnth advantage.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »