Home

Another IGN Review

This is a discussion on Another IGN Review within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-29-2004, 02:20 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 5
Another IGN Review

Here is another IGN review. This one somes up exactly how i feel about this game.
http://www.gaming-age.com/cgi-bin/re...football2005-2
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2004, 03:12 AM   #2
DH7
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Another IGN Review

I love EA's NCAA series, and ever since Bill Walsh, I have gone to sometimes painstaking efforts to get the latest copy (I am in Canada). This years game is decent, and has some great new features, particularly in the Dynasty. However, I have to agree with this review to an extent, in particular the part about EA taking more responsibility for fixing problems. I have got sliders from this site which make the game WAY better, but I just can't believe that the fellas at EA could screw up features like too many dropped passes, CPU AI, etc - us gamers on this board knew of a great deal of these problems within a very short time playing. It really sucks, and makes me wonder what the hell their game testers are doing? I know the sliders can fix problems, but thats not the point - gamers shouldn't have to pay $50, and then spend countless hours trying to tweak a game to make it worth playing. I tell ya, I hope Madden sucks it up and has these horse**** problems fixed, and I hope they have done a much more thorough job of testing.
Old 07-29-2004, 03:16 AM   #3
Banned

OVR: 18

ign...
Old 07-29-2004, 03:37 AM   #4
The Few. The Proud.

SportsTop's Arena

OVR: 44

One word that will solve 75% of this guy's gripes and complaints:

Sliders
Old 07-29-2004, 03:44 AM   #5
Banned

OVR: 18

wish there was a slider to undo the blindfolds
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2004, 03:50 AM   #6
Hall Of Fame

RubenDouglas's Arena

OVR: 28

as hard and painful it is to say this, i kinda agree.

i love the game and will play it everyday, but NCAA 2004 had something special about it, where i was playing through march... and this title may run its course through decemeber, which is sad.
Old 07-29-2004, 03:55 AM   #7
Banned

OVR: 14

Same boat here. I was playing 2004 up until last week. 2005 already has annoying things that will kill the game for me if it already hasnt... I traded in 2004 for $2 lol. Im really wishing i didnt do that. 2005 is still a great game. not knocking it either. For 99% of the buyers out there its great. The thing is Ive been playing these games for too long and am extremely picky about certain things.
Old 07-29-2004, 03:59 AM   #8
Hall Of Fame

RubenDouglas's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:

Walker8 said:
Same boat here. I was playing 2004 up until last week. 2005 already has annoying things that will kill the game for me if it already hasnt... I traded in 2004 for $2 lol. Im really wishing i didnt do that. 2005 is still a great game. not knocking it either. For 99% of the buyers out there its great. The thing is Ive been playing these games for too long and am extremely picky about certain things.

i was lucky and sold it in march during march madness for 35 on amazon.com. bad decision in many regards.. online mode is fun and franchise is always great... it just wont be the ONLY game i play like it was last year for 9 months.... this year maybe 2 to 3

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »