Home

The Pass Defense

This is a discussion on The Pass Defense within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-29-2004, 08:08 PM   #1
All Star

OVR: 21
The Pass Defense

*Gets On Soap Box*

After playing through a season in dynasty, I'm proud to say I took my lumps passing the ball. 20 TDs and 25 INTs.

Now in the second year with a new QB, I can already tell a difference. The defense is becoming easier to read and I'm hitting the open receiver.

However, the super defense still exists. The fact that a DB who is completely out of position can recover in time to knock down the pass annoys me. But the fact that tipped passes stay in the air for so long is by far the thing that bugs me the most. When the ball is tipped in real life, rarely does it pop straight up in the air for long periods of time. I think EA went a little overboard with that.

In my first game of Year 2, I went 21-43, 315 Yards, 1 TD, and 3 INTs(all off passes that were tipped way in the air).
I would rather have 3 INTs because I threw into coverage or because the DB made a nice play, not because a ball got tipped and stayed in the air forever.

*Gets Off Soap Box*
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2004, 09:23 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 13
Re: The Pass Defense

Agreed. Although I haven't seen many tipped balls for ints.
Old 07-30-2004, 04:51 AM   #3
MVP

LetsGo0akland's Arena

OVR: 13

Yeah, the tipped interceptions were not as often for me, only once in a while. Batted balls seem way more frequent than they should (only for the computer mind you). That, plus the exponential amount of dropped passes has attributed to dismall completion rates. After 12 games, I have managed a 48 completion rate with a 28-8 TD/INT ratio. My scores are way down since I moved up to All-American (yet still trying to find a decent slider combination).
Old 07-30-2004, 05:01 AM   #4
Hall Of Fame

RubenDouglas's Arena

OVR: 28

i hate the batted balls and the INT's with the same player. the ball will remain in the air for more than 3 seconds and the CPU player has time to bat a ball, do a 360 , and dive for an interception.

The dropped passea are killing me right now. I may need just a bit more practice, but im playing on heisman and the passes seems to have to be have perfect or else its a drop.
Old 07-30-2004, 10:14 AM   #5
Banned

OVR: 9

The tipped balls are frustrating at times, but is minimal. It goes both ways, I have snatched a few to my benefit also. I wonder if this will be the case in Madden?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-30-2004, 05:08 PM   #6
Pro

OVR: 4

I haven't had the passing or catching problems that have been so widely reported but the DB AI is a bit much at times. I had to watch a replay to make sure, and there it was... a corner was trailing a WR on a slant route (crossing right to left). I throw to the receiver running a post at least 10 yards deeper and left to right. Well the corner was able to change direction and tip the ball all the while facing away from the QB.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »