Home

your best performing low OVR player

This is a discussion on your best performing low OVR player within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-07-2017, 01:41 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: your best performing low OVR player

Quote:
Originally Posted by HARLEE23
In my Eastern Michigan dynasty I recruited a juco guy with just ridiculous speed stats. All upper 90s in his speed, ACC, agility, etc. Won the heisman with him. I did the same thing with my previous Navy dynasty except he may not have won the Heisman. Both were mid 70s OVR

For guys like that once the season is over I will edit their ratings so they will be drafted. It's unrealistic otherwise for a guy with those stats not to be.
Thanks for the dynasty idea of bumping ratings to force drafts. I regret trying to talk my QB to come back for his senior season this past year....he decided to stay and the season started and I was like, man this aint realistic.
Old 12-07-2017, 02:27 PM   #10
MVP

In this first season with UTEP in my promo-relegation dynasty, my starting running back finished a hair over 1700 rushing yards. He was an 83 overall. The 80 overall QB threw for 2100 and ran for 997 or something.

Most impressive, though, was the backup running back. 74 overall, 916 rushing yards. 6'1", 195, and never goes down on the first hit.
Old 12-07-2017, 03:44 PM   #11
All Star

beast10's Arena

OVR: 36
your best performing low OVR player

just another update on my 71 ovr RB: khyree briscoe averaged close to 120 yards rushing in all 7 starts this season. want to say he eclipsed 1,200 yards. our senior-laden line returned all starters from last year, so next season i’ll figure out if briscoe was either a product of a good line, or actually an elite RB.

either way, he’s a redshirt freshman with a lot of room to grow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by beast10; 12-07-2017 at 07:28 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-10-2017, 12:32 AM   #12
Fan of real schools

Hellisan's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by honkyplaya
The really fun part.....being in tune with a dynasty that you can sense these players even without looking at the stats per game. My main receiver in my Bowling Green dynasty, white guy, he's a SR. 5'8" 181lbs. I didnt recruit him, but have him as my #1 go to guy in tight games. He doesnt lead the nation or even conference, isnt very good at deep balls since he's short and doesnt have blazing speed. But he has 98 acceleration, awesome on routes, and can evade tackles. I love recruiting for the race horse players, but just as much satisfaction of stumbling on a work horse while playing.
Well said. Totally know what you mean.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
Old 12-10-2017, 02:22 PM   #13
Rookie

Ego93's Arena

I don't remember his exact ratings off the top of my head, but I just recruited this 6'5 possession WR in my test dynasty. Not a burner at all, low 80s speed, acc, agi. But he has great spec catch in the high 80s, high 80's jump, low 90s truck rating, and mid 60s blocking.

I've been chucking some deep throws in practice mode and he's been getting a majority of the 50/50 throws his way. He's a 70ish freshman because his regular catch rating, route running, and other ratings aren't that high, but I had to put him in the starting lineup. Great blocker on the edge for my option plays!
Old 12-13-2017, 03:31 PM   #14
Just started!

mrbskywalker's Arena

Honestly it's probably my backup QB, who came off the bench to lead my team to an ACC championship. Dude was only like a 73 OVR and a pocket passer but he played beautifully
Old 12-14-2017, 08:18 PM   #15
MVP

SilverBullet19's Arena

Two guys come to mind for me, both receivers.

First was "WR #87" (roster wasn't named when I started). He was my first top WR at Sonoma State. I'm pretty sure he never peaked over like 70, and I only had him for one year if I recall (all his stats are from 2014)...but he was a reliable target who seemed to always be open. He still owns two records:

17 catches in a single game (tied by Anthony Lester in 2018, however)
301 Receiving yards in a single game

Next up was Chase Browne. Topped out at a 79 rating, but once again he always found himself open and had reliable hands. I know 79 isn't terribly low, but that was his rating when he finished his senior season. He came in low 60's and played 4 years. Holds the following records:

Career receiving touchdowns (34)
Receiving touchdowns in a season (15)
Career receiving yards (4027)
Receiving yards in a season (1554)
Career receptions (268)
Receptions in a season (103)

Major Boise State fan
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-19-2017, 02:10 AM   #16
Pro

M. Bryant. Can’t remember his first name, but he was an MLB who I think when he graduated ended up around 80 overall. Coverage MLB with average ratings, by he finished his career with something near 30 interceptions. One season he had 13, with 6 in one game (those pesky screen plays that usually your defender drop? He NEVER dropped those lol). One didn’t save in stats because there was a penalty on the return and it glitched. I remember he had like 13, 6, 4, 10 interceptions or something along those lines. I wish I could remember his exact stats. I’m thankful I found him early and began starting him over higher rated guys

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »