Home

Question

This is a discussion on Question within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-26-2017, 11:37 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Question

Does the team use the HCs offensive and defensive philosophies or the OC and DC on NCAA 14?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Operation Sports mobile app
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-27-2017, 06:10 AM   #2
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwhoop04
Does the team use the HCs offensive and defensive philosophies or the OC and DC on NCAA 14?

Because of the way I play coach mode, I set the HC offensive and defensive philosophies to match those of the DC and OC as well as playbooks so that I can ensure coordinator changes impact the team.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Old 11-27-2017, 06:56 AM   #3
Cupcake Coach

R1zzo23's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleFan
Because of the way I play coach mode, I set the HC offensive and defensive philosophies to match those of the DC and OC as well as playbooks so that I can ensure coordinator changes impact the team.
I do the exact same thing. If I don't, I feel like the only thing the OC and DC are good for are their coaching skills and that's the least of my worries to be honest.
Old 11-27-2017, 02:29 PM   #4
Pro

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwhoop04

For the user, it will always be the playbook you have selected for the coach that you are, whether you are OC or Head Coach.

For the CPU, I'm pretty sure they always use the Head Coach's assigned playbook. In my experience, even if it says they are using the OC's designated playbook in the Team Selection screen, when you play the game, the CPU always uses the playbook that is assigned to the Head Coach. I know this to be true because of Triple Option Head Coaches having OC's with very different playbooks, yet in-game they are always clearly running a Triple Option; and if you select that team, you can see the playbook for yourself.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »