Home

Help me Choose New BIG 12 Member(s)

This is a discussion on Help me Choose New BIG 12 Member(s) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience
View Poll Results: Who to add?
Team A only 4 40.00%
Team B only 5 50.00%
Add 3 teams (reply to thread with which 3) 1 10.00%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-12-2018, 04:33 PM   #1
MVP

SilverBullet19's Arena

OVR: 0
Help me Choose New BIG 12 Member(s)

EDIT: Worth mentioning, Team A had a top 10 recruiting class so far this offseason. Team B is down in the 50's...

Hey guys, I could use some help. So I'm in the Big 12 and looking to make it more competitive. I currently sit at a "full" 12 teams (Added Sonoma State and Boise State 2 years ago). I plan to remove one team due to lack of competitive nature. I won't say which now, as to ruin the surprise in my dynasty.

My current dilemma is this: do I simply replace them with 1 team, or add 3 to make a "Big 14". Below you will find team backgrounds, without revealing who they are so there is no bias. Team A or B is in pretty much for sure. But the question is, should I add two others as well? Obviously there would be significant restructuring of the divisions, so geography isn't big, I can make it work.

Team A
Prestige: 5*
2020 record: 7-6
2019 record: 12-2
Resume: 8+ wins every season for past 6 years, 4 consecutive bowl wins

Team B
2020 record: 12-2
2019 record:8-5
Resume: 8+ wins in 7 of the last 8 seasons, 3 bowl wins in last 4 years

Team C
Prestige: 4*
2020 record: 10-4
2019 record: 9-4
Resume: 8+ wins in each of last 7 seasons, 1 bowl win in last 4 years

Team D
2020 record: 5-7
2019 record: 9-4
resume: only 2 losing seasons in past decade (most were 9+ wins), 4 bowl wins in last 5 years

Team E
Prestige: 4*
2020 record: 10-3
2019 record: 9-3
resume: 3 consecutive 9+ win seasons, back to back bowl wins in 2019/2020

Team F
Prestige: 3*
2020 record: 5-7
2019 record: 11-3
resume:3 peat conference champs in 2017,2018,2019. One bowl win in last 4 years

Major Boise State fan

Last edited by SilverBullet19; 01-13-2018 at 04:38 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-12-2018, 06:00 PM   #2
Pro

Re: Help me Choose New BIG 12 Member(s)

I voted for B only. I think they look like they're more on the upswing. For this reason, I would even argue E over A. If you were to add 3 teams, those would be my choices, in that order.

I love this interactive stuff you do, btw; this and the created prospects. I appreciate you taking the time.

Last edited by Tuscaloosa; 01-12-2018 at 06:01 PM. Reason: typo yo
Old 01-12-2018, 06:03 PM   #3
MVP

SilverBullet19's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuscaloosa
I voted for B only. I think they look like they're more on the upswing. For this reason, I would even argue E over A. If you were to add 3 teams, those would be my choices, in that order.

I love this interactive stuff you do, btw; this and the created prospects. I appreciate you taking the time.
Thanks for the input! It could definitely be a situation of just A or B, and re-evaluate growth in a couple years. I just love the help making the decision.

Major Boise State fan
Old 01-12-2018, 07:14 PM   #4
Rookie

I added Houston and SMU still baffled why this hasn’t happened in real life.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 01-12-2018, 08:10 PM   #5
MVP

SilverBullet19's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by scc538
I added Houston and SMU still baffled why this hasn’t happened in real life.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
full disclosure...none of my options are SMU or Houston lol. Just not up to snuff.

In real life, I can see why they haven't been added. SMU doesn't have a strong enough program, it doesn't make the Big 12 more competitive at all. Houston has been good, but I don't see them being added until there's a second team to add to make it an even 12. It would be a good media market, however the Big 12 probably already has a large base in the area as it is. It doesn't add much in terms of viewership. If they do decide to expand, and Houston continues to do well, they would be in.

Major Boise State fan
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-13-2018, 04:41 PM   #6
MVP

SilverBullet19's Arena

I edited the original post to note something quite relevant.

As I steam through offseason and finish recruiting, I see that Team A had the #5 recruiting class in the country, despite a down year.

Team B was nowhere near the top, down past #40. This makes me think Team A has a bright future.

Major Boise State fan
Old 01-13-2018, 08:09 PM   #7
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverBullet19
I edited the original post to note something quite relevant.

As I steam through offseason and finish recruiting, I see that Team A had the #5 recruiting class in the country, despite a down year.

Team B was nowhere near the top, down past #40. This makes me think Team A has a bright future.
This honestly makes me lean towards all 3 that I mentioned, now. Knowing this, A seems like they might be ready to compete sooner because of that class, but B and E are winning as is and I'm guessing they might shoot up in recruiting with the help of being in a better conference.
Old 01-13-2018, 08:53 PM   #8
MVP

SilverBullet19's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuscaloosa
This honestly makes me lean towards all 3 that I mentioned, now. Knowing this, A seems like they might be ready to compete sooner because of that class, but B and E are winning as is and I'm guessing they might shoot up in recruiting with the help of being in a better conference.
I appreciate your feedback! I'm starting to really lean that way too. Sure, a couple had down years, but they have a great track record over the years. A couple of these teams have been a "if they do well next year they're in," and without fail that's a down year. It might just be time to bite the bullet and do it. There are three 5* prestige teams (although after this year two could drop to 4*).

One thing to consider is all these teams are in different areas. Regardless of which team or teams, I would be adding 1-3 NEW television markets for the Big 12...which brings in money...which truly runs the show.

Major Boise State fan

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »