Home

Just had a 6 OT Thriller!!(kinda long, I was pumped)

This is a discussion on Just had a 6 OT Thriller!!(kinda long, I was pumped) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-17-2004, 12:58 AM   #1
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34
Just had a 6 OT Thriller!!(kinda long, I was pumped)

I am playing with Heisman sliders...I have a Wake Forest Dynasty and opened the season at Clemson. I was down 38-24 with 3:46 remaining and received a punt and took it to mid field...On 3rd and 5 Broke a 46 Yard TD with Barclay...Down 38-31, got the ball back with 1:50, marched down the field and Randolph scored on a 4th down 1 yard sneak with 11 seconds left...On to overtime.

I get the ball 1st and stall at the 20, mis badly on the FG as the screen is shaking and the crowd is going nuts....Clemson gets the ball gets to 4th and inches on the 15, elects to kick the fg, just misses wide right....

2nd OT, they throw a pick...Yes!!! I take over at the 25 A holding call on me and a sack I've got 4th and forever from my 36. I complete the pass, but fall short....End of 2nd OT a golden opportunity missed.

3rd OT I get the ball, run option down to the 13..FUMBLE!! Clemson recovers. 4 plays later, I'm Icing the kicker at the 18 yard line....WIDE LEFT!!!

They get the ball in the 4th OT, score and miss the conversion. I pound in a 2 yard run and also miss the conversion.

I get the ball to start the 5t OT...FUMBLE, the ball gets kicked around all the way to the 45, I go 4 and out. Clemson gets the ball and is sacked backed to the 32 and goes 4 and out.

6th OT, clemson marches down the field and scores, 2 pt conversion batted away at the last second. I get the ball and 7 plays later Barclay dives in for the tying score, Hit Davis on a slant for the 2 pt conversion and my greatest game of all time.

I ran the Ball 72 times for 293yards and 7 TD. Randolph went 14-28-0-0 for 319 yards. 100 Total Plays!!! on 8 minute quarters

Clemson ran 29 times for 72 yards included were 6 sacks. But Whitehurst completed 25-48-478 yards 6TD, 3 INT.

Barclay was Wakes Most Valuable Player with 27-180-2TDs and 49yards receiving. What a game.

Thank God Clemsons Kicker is Horrible......
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2004, 01:31 AM   #2
MVP

Shadow's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: Just had a 6 OT Thriller!!(kinda long, I was pumped)

So what was the greatest game score?
Old 08-17-2004, 09:03 AM   #3
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow
So what was the greatest game score?
1293...Thought it was kind of low considering I scored the game-tying TD with 11 seconds left and it went 6 OTs, had 3 missed FG's and a couple turnover's in OT.

Still the most exciting game I have ever played. I was actually shaking when I lined up for the 2 pt conversion that won the game. The game lasted nearly 2 hours and it was 1 o'clock in the morning when it finally ended.
Old 08-17-2004, 09:19 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 1
Smile Re: Just had a 6 OT Thriller!!(kinda long, I was pumped)

Could you post the sliders and settings you were using? I want to give them a try. Thanks, that sounds like it was intense!
Old 08-17-2004, 10:04 AM   #5
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by kent4801
Could you post the sliders and settings you were using? I want to give them a try. Thanks, that sounds like it was intense!
Here are my Final HEISMAN Sliders:

Difficulty: Heisman
Quarter Length: 8

Human/CPU
QB Accuracy 18/16
Pass Block 14/4
WR Catch 18/17
RB Ability 16/15
Run Block 15/19

Awareness 8/2
Knockdowns 8/4
INT 15/7
Break Block 14/8
Tackling 9/9

FG Length 13/10
FG Accuracy 6/0
Punt Length 13/12
Punt Acc 8/10
KO Length 12/10

False Start 9
Holding 7
Face Mask 8
Def Pass Int 10
Off Pass Int 10
Clipping 5
Int Grounding 10
Roughing Passer 10
Roughing Kicker 10
Unsportsmanlike 3

There you go. I guarantee the CPU will play an awesome gameplan on offense. How they play on defense really depends on how well you play the game. If you mix it up and keep them off balance, you can put some points on the board.

Hope you try them and like them....
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »