Home

Coach Mode ?

This is a discussion on Coach Mode ? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-18-2004, 12:14 PM   #1
Pro

Xx 74 xX's Arena

OVR: 11
Coach Mode ?

I have seen a few references to this, but unless you are speaking of manually starting the play and watching what transpires, I don;t see a specific mode for this.

Please enlighten me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2004, 12:23 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Coach Mode ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by xx74xx
I have seen a few references to this, but unless you are speaking of manually starting the play and watching what transpires, I don;t see a specific mode for this.

Please enlighten me.
That's exactly what it is. You call your offensive play then snap the ball and let it go from there. You still have to handle all of the kicking and I highlight the PR so that I can call a faircatch if need be.
Old 08-18-2004, 12:30 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleFan
That's exactly what it is. You call your offensive play then snap the ball and let it go from there. You still have to handle all of the kicking and I highlight the PR so that I can call a faircatch if need be.

I'd like to give this a try. What sliders are you using?
Old 08-18-2004, 12:51 PM   #4
Pro

Xx 74 xX's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdRaynes
since the "game" thinks that you are indeed playing it, I would assume the same human/cpu sliders that have worked out the best for you.
Old 08-18-2004, 12:55 PM   #5
Pro

Xx 74 xX's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleFan
ah ha......hmmmm.......I guess it would be cool only if you did all the hot routes/audibles and such that the cpu won't do for you.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2004, 01:54 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdRaynes
This is a series of posts I made over a Utopia regard the sliders...

Post 1:
Quote:
What's up brethren? I may have found the holy grail of coach mode sliders. This is only after one half of play but the game is really good. I'm a member of Maddenplanet and there's a user named "iCEShriKe". He normally does hundreds of games watching cpu vs. cpu games testing sliders until the game physics are the most realistic. I assume he's doing that for NCAA 2005. Just for sh*ts and giggles I decided to input his CPU sliders from NCAA 2004 to see how they played. GREAT!!!! I'm playing Florida @ FSU(me) and I'm winning 7-0. Rix is 8/11 for 111 Yds. Leak is 2/9 for 10 Yds but you gotta think of how HUGE home field advantage is and mix into that the fact that he's a SO. I can really see the difference in my backs. Washington will get the tough yardage(9 Att, 44 Yds, 4.4 Avg) but Booker is a slasher with a 98 AGI rating(4 Att, 73 Yds, 18.2 Avg, 1 TD, 59 Long). On his first carry of the game Booker took it 59 yds to paydirt. Give these a try in some exhibition games and let me know what you think.

iCEShriKe's CPU tested sliders:

(CPU and Human)

QB Accuracy: 12
Pass Blocking: 12
WR Catching: 11
RB Ability: 14
Run Blocking: 13

Awareness: 1
Knockdowns: 12
Interceptions: 3
Break Block: 8
Tackling: 2

Mind you, this is only after one half of play but there's no denying that these feel GOOD. Oh, I forgot to mention the Gaytors rushing attack thus far.

C.Fason(UF): 8 Att, 46 Yds, 5.7 Avg, 14 Long

Give these a try in some exhibition games and let me know how they work for you.
Old 08-18-2004, 01:55 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

Post 2:
Quote:
Man it's hard to get a player back when he starts to go south.

I'm still playing that Florida @ FSU(me) game. After going up 7-0 in the first the Gaytors began to get a little MO and was able to tie it at the half 7-7 after Rix threw an int that would see him go from 8/11 to now 10/30.

They scored 7 in the 3rd and 7 more early in the 4th to go up 21-7 off of 21 unanswered points.

Well, I went through all of my QBs after Rix started to decline until I found Weatherford who completed some big passes that would set up a 3 yard Booker TD run. (21-14, UF) That gave us a little MO back and we forced them to punt. I was only able to get 3 this time but hey, that still closes the gap right? (21-17, UF)

Rix is STILL throwing balls all over the place. He connected on a big play that would keep a drive going but would go right back to his sucky ways. I called an Iso and it was called back because of clipping. So, now it's 2nd down and 23. I decided to give Rix one last shot. Teams normally try a run play in situations like this because the D expects a pass with such long yardage to go for a first.

Well, I decided to run a PA pass. [rock] The D was in cover 2 zone and the FS bit just long enough for Cro Thorpe to find the soft spot. Rix put it out there and completed a 38 yd TD pass. I now lead 24-21 with 1:43 to play. Deeee-fense, Deeee-fense!
Old 08-18-2004, 01:56 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

Post 3:
Quote:
I WON!!!!

Code:
                          UF     (me)FSU
Score                     21          24
First Downs               16          20
Total Offense            341         469
Rushes-Yards          27-160      39-224
Comp-Att-TD          14-44-0     13-39-1
Passing Yards            181         245
Sacked                     0           3
Turnovers                  1           1
Fumbles-Lost             1-0         2-0
Intercepted                1           1
T.O.P.                 17:24       18:36
Damn, I wish this was a dynasty game. Playing coach mode I can finally play with my beloved Seminoles and have a chance to lose. From this game and a game I played in Madden yesterday I see that I may be 'The Comeback Kid'.

By the way gohuskies, you can play 9 minute quarters and still get realistic stats. I played 9 minutes for the game above. The only thing you need to do is have the right amount of plays and from what I'm told that's 130-150 plays per game. As you can see from the stat report above I got a total of 149 plays between the cpu and myself.

Last edited by NoleFan; 08-18-2004 at 02:06 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »