Home

Is There A Gameplay Difference

This is a discussion on Is There A Gameplay Difference within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-25-2018, 11:38 AM   #1
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10
Is There A Gameplay Difference

...once all the teams are filled with recruited players as opposed to the out of the box rosters geared to the likeness of real life players. I never got far enough to tell the difference. Can anybody speak on this? Reason is Ive started a new Dynasty with the out of the box roster #'s only. Im simulating all seasons until every player from the original roster is gone. Then im gonna go into the editor and make my changes. Just trying to gauge how many changes ill need to make.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-25-2018, 01:08 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Is There A Gameplay Difference

Don't know. That's a great idea. I might run a dynasty with default in game roster and use jersey #s that represents the players real life #(ex. 2013 UGA QB #11 is supposed to be Aaron Murray) . play through until 2013 freshman class is gone. Do not edit any attributes. Starting in 2014 , do one with playoff and one with BCS and compare the 2. I'm gonna try this until 2013 freshman are all gone. Default recruits only . I'm interested to See the trends

Sent from my LGL84VL using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 03-25-2018, 01:27 PM   #3
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by ugagsu
Don't know. That's a great idea. I might run a dynasty with default in game roster and use jersey #s that represents the players real life #(ex. 2013 UGA QB #11 is supposed to be Aaron Murray) . play through until 2013 freshman class is gone. Do not edit any attributes. Starting in 2014 , do one with playoff and one with BCS and compare the 2. I'm gonna try this until 2013 freshman are all gone. Default recruits only . I'm interested to See the trends

If you end up doing it man keep me posted. I just finished simming up to 2018 which means that the rosters are all recruit generated players. Im gonna look that the player attributes and see how they stack up and then i'll go into the editor and do my thing.
Old 03-25-2018, 01:32 PM   #4
Rookie

Will do

Old 03-25-2018, 01:33 PM   #5
Rookie

I'm more interested in overall team and season results

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-25-2018, 01:35 PM   #6
Rookie

Although i would be interested to see how the game play differs. Ex. Do the passing stats all seem to resemble Big 12 with everyone passing passibg for 600yds and 7 TD a game?

Old 03-25-2018, 02:55 PM   #7
Pro

osubucki6's Arena

This is a good question and while I don't necessarily have a definite answer I have noticed a few things. I started my dynasty with 2017 rosters and just finished my 5th regular season. I still have a bowl game to play this year. So I haven't completely got rid of all base players, but close enough to feel like I see a difference. Another quick note is I do a little bit of manual improvement/regression for my own players as well as top performers across the country. I have not done anything for incoming freshman around the country so far, although I am looking into some stuff currently.

Most non-base players come in with very low awareness and much lower strength than base players do. I feel this mostly affects offensive line play, and this led to a severe decline in user offense from year 4 (1st year at LSU) to year 5 (2nd year at LSU, only 1 base OL).

2017-10 players throw for 3000+ yards, 12 30+ TDs (3 40+), no full time starters threw fewer than 5 INTs
4 players run for more than 1500 yards, 0 more than 1800, 5 players run for more than 15 TDs, 0 more than 18.
18 players (3 TEs) have more than 1000 receiving yards, 1 over 1500 yards, 8 had more than 80 receptions (1 TE), 0 more than 90, 21 players had more than 10 TDs, 3 more than 15
Leading QB rusher-Zach Abey, Navy, 1227 yards, 6 TDs
Leading non option QB rusher-JT Barrett, Ohio State, 975 yards, 11 TDs

2021 (no bowl games yet)
16 players throw for 3000+ yards (all but 2 are RS seniors aka base players)
6 more players within 250 yards of 3000+ (3 are non base players and 1 of those is user controlled)
2 players within striking distance of 4000 yards (both RS seniors)
15 players have 30+ TD passes (13 are RS seniors), 4 have more than 40 (all RS seniors)
6 full time starters threw 4 or fewer INTs (4 are RS seniors)

9 players over 1500 rushing yards (4 are RS seniors, one non base player is user controlled)
1 player (non base player) over 1800 yards, 2 players within striking distance of 1800 yards (1 is non base player).
16 players over 15 rushing TDs (8 are RS seniors, one non base player is user controlled)
3 players over 18 rushing TDs (all RS seniors)

5 players over 80 receptions (2 RS senior WRs, 1 non base WR, 1 RS senior TE, 1 non base TE), 0 over 90.
21 players over 1000 receiving yards (2 RS senior TE, 3 non base TE, 12 RS senior WR, 4 non base WR), 0 over 1500. 1 within striking distance of 1500 (RS senior)
39 players had more than 10 receiving TDs (appears to be close distribution of RS seniors to non base players)
3 players have more than 15 TDs, all are non base players and 1 is TE

Leading QB rusher-Daniel Harper, UNC (non base player)-1058 yards, 10 TDs (non option)

I can provide more data (team stat comparisons from both years, player ratings, 2018/19/20 stats) if requested. Take from this what you will but what I have noticed is as teams lose base players, passing numbers actually drop (pure numbers have gone up but that is base players with 4 years of development), although receiving and rushing numbers rise.
NBA-Sonics :'(
Old 03-29-2018, 02:22 AM   #8
Banned

Greatly said.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »