Home

Your most stupid user error

This is a discussion on Your most stupid user error within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-28-2018, 10:44 AM   #17
MVP

SilverBullet19's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Your most stupid user error

Quote:
Originally Posted by NolesFanatic17
My most memorable error was in a online game on NCAA 10 I may never forget it. I was in a dynasty game, I’m Colorado the other guy is LSU. The score 24-7 Colorado I looked down and in a moment of total confusion think he’s up 24-7, as if that’s not bad enough I pick a pass play misread the DB throw the ball pick six 24-14. We were in the 3rd Quarter with 2:35 left. Luckily my defense was spot on and I was able to get the Buffaloes their biggest win in that dynasty 27-21.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

It’s funny how we can have those brain farts...”I’m down 24-7?!” And completely forget about the 3 touchdowns you had scored lol

Major Boise State fan
Old 07-28-2018, 08:52 PM   #18
Pro

NolesFanatic17's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverBullet19
It’s funny how we can have those brain farts...”I’m down 24-7?!” And completely forget about the 3 touchdowns you had scored lol

It’s funny looking back. At the time I felt like a idiot

Old 07-31-2018, 12:26 AM   #19
Pro

Td1984's Arena

OVR: 13

I've done this one at least a couple of times, but not in years. I'd score a touchdown, then prior to kicking the PAT, I'd leave the room to go watch a film with the family, thinking I'd paused. Well, I'd come back in after the movie, only to find I *didn't* and was backed up on my own goal line and now forced to go for two.

I think I may have had an instance of this where I hadn't scored, but it may have been down (4th?) and Goal to go and come back, backed up against my goal line.
MLB: Twins, Dodgers
NFL: Vikings
MLS: Minnesota United
Premier League: Manchester United
Old 07-31-2018, 10:18 AM   #20
MVP

SilverBullet19's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Td1984
I've done this one at least a couple of times, but not in years. I'd score a touchdown, then prior to kicking the PAT, I'd leave the room to go watch a film with the family, thinking I'd paused. Well, I'd come back in after the movie, only to find I *didn't* and was backed up on my own goal line and now forced to go for two.

I think I may have had an instance of this where I hadn't scored, but it may have been down (4th?) and Goal to go and come back, backed up against my goal line.
Related to PAT's. When I game, I will usually finish a drive before going off to take a leak. I'd score the touchdown and pause to go to the bathroom. Without fail, I would come back to the suggested field goal and say "why is the game suggesting a field goal?" and pick a play thinking I would score a touchdown. Once I lined up, then I would realize I had chosen to go for two. Happened almost every time, and it would always have the "well I don't know why they're going for two" comments from the broadcasters lol.

Now I use the restroom AFTER the extra point

Major Boise State fan
Old 08-01-2018, 01:07 PM   #21
Just started!

The amount of times I'll switch to my DBs on a long pass and completely miss a pick leading to a long TD for the other team is a little more than I'd like to admit lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-02-2018, 04:01 AM   #22
Fan of real schools

Hellisan's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsr862
What is one the dumbest things you've done yourself in 14 or any year?

Just had a brain fart that cost me a game thought I'd share

Utah State offensive coordinator. Tied game 24-24 with the ball and just over 4 mins remaining. Get into the opponents 30 yard line with over 2 mins left. Turn on conserve clock mode. Run the ball to the 4 years line perfectly centered with 15 seconds on the clock. The game allowed me to pick another play instead of the sim taking over for the kick. All 3 timeouts left. With 15 seconds I can pick FG and kick the game winner and walk off. . I pick the play... quarter over... forgot I had the clock to conservative and it ran out my clock... threw an INT 3rd okay of overtime. SJSU kicked a FG beat me 27-24. All I could do was shake my head and laugh.

Curious to hear others moments like this.

Conservative clock is a killer. I just have a rule that it never goes on unless i have a healthy lead and just trying to speed the end of the game along. Even so, in any dynasty, it's best to play literally the entire team sans redshirts so they all get a little experience/ xp

I routinely forget to look at the time at the end of the first half and the first half just ends on some random play.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »