Home

Lob Passes

This is a discussion on Lob Passes within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-15-2018, 02:36 PM   #1
Pro

wepr3's Arena

OVR: 11
Lob Passes

I dusted off NCAA 14 after the recent ESPN article, and I was glad I did. Haven’t played much football since NCAA stopped and the new console generation hit. Madden is ok, I just much prefer the college game.

That said, my only real issue with the NCAA games is the inability to lob the ball over a defender. Whether it’s a short throw over a LB, or deep over a DB, I can never make that happen.

Any tips, tricks or suggestions? I know throwing downfield is not supposed to be routinely successful, but I think it should at least be possible.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2018, 04:16 PM   #2
Rookie

The Red Scourge's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Lob Passes

I have that issue too. You should be able to lob medium passes. Only times I do it anymore are on a Go Route, Skinny Post with no safeties over the top and sometimes a corner post if it’s thrown to the wide side of the field. Otherwise it’s most likely a pick. I’ll lob screen passes, but I’m not sure if it’s more or less effective.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-16-2018, 09:55 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 7

I remember seeing a video where someone on here drastically decreased the jumping attribute for all positions except WR and TE using the editor. That may help, but I haven't tried that myself.
Old 07-16-2018, 05:53 PM   #4
MVP

SilverBullet19's Arena

Are you using the left stick to direct the pass? It's tough to "drop one in" over a defender in this game, just by design. I have success doing it when I push up on the left stick to guide the pass upfield. That with just the right amount of a lob-tap on the button, and separation, it drops in over the linebacker. Still a low percentage throw though lol

Major Boise State fan
Old 07-25-2018, 08:53 PM   #5
Rookie

beastmode2013's Arena

You have to user catch them on default sliders
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2018, 09:48 PM   #6
MVP

SilverBullet19's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by beastmode2013
You have to user catch them on default sliders
That's far from the only way. I use the Matt10 OS Community sliders and never user catch. I finally started paying more attention to this once this thread popped up. I've been able to drop in passes over defenders quite a bit this season. It's the right combo of leading with the stick and hitting the lop just right. In general, it seems the magical separation is about 4-5 yards. Any closer and the defender can get up for the tip.

Of course, how good your QB's accuracy will matter too.

Major Boise State fan
Old 07-26-2018, 12:37 AM   #7
Rookie

beastmode2013's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverBullet19
That's far from the only way. I use the Matt10 OS Community sliders and never user catch. I finally started paying more attention to this once this thread popped up. I've been able to drop in passes over defenders quite a bit this season. It's the right combo of leading with the stick and hitting the lop just right. In general, it seems the magical separation is about 4-5 yards. Any closer and the defender can get up for the tip.

Of course, how good your QB's accuracy will matter too.

Oh, yeah, I was assuming he meant when there is little separation, or, 50/50 ball. Those need to be usered or your WR will not attempt to jump for it most the time
Old 07-30-2018, 08:00 PM   #8
Rookie

Just an issue the game has sadly. Jump balls don't exist.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »