Home

Recruiting

This is a discussion on Recruiting within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-15-2018, 09:31 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Recruiting

Which NCAA do you guys think had the toughest recruiting, without any house rules. I can't really remember one particular, do you guys?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2018, 11:08 AM   #2
MVP

SilverBullet19's Arena

Re: Recruiting

I'd say the one where you actually had to make phone calls and do pitches.

I know in 13 (I apparently never bought it), the system was refined a bit, and there was a set amount of time to find out their interest level. For example, 10 minutes and you would know their pitch interest, or going into the call every topic cost 10 minutes.

I'd say in 10-12 was tougher, as sometimes the call would go on FOREVER and you never found out their interest level in the pitch. Sometimes you would spend an hour on the phone with them and it wouldn't unlock the pitch.

Major Boise State fan
Old 08-15-2018, 12:24 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverBullet19
I'd say the one where you actually had to make phone calls and do pitches.

I know in 13 (I apparently never bought it), the system was refined a bit, and there was a set amount of time to find out their interest level. For example, 10 minutes and you would know their pitch interest, or going into the call every topic cost 10 minutes.

I'd say in 10-12 was tougher, as sometimes the call would go on FOREVER and you never found out their interest level in the pitch. Sometimes you would spend an hour on the phone with them and it wouldn't unlock the pitch.
I remember 06 being fun, I don't know about tough, but it was fun.
Old 08-15-2018, 12:51 PM   #4
MVP

SilverBullet19's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creasy1010
I remember 06 being fun, I don't know about tough, but it was fun.
Yeah, I don't recall any being particularly difficult, but when it had phone calls as opposed to just points, it added a little more strategy at least.

Major Boise State fan
Old 08-15-2018, 02:07 PM   #5
MVP

young22's Arena

I didn't really like the phone recruiting. I was never big into NCAA until 14, my first one was 12 but I was 10 when it came out and wasn't into dynasty mode the way I am now. I tried played 12 a few years later and I hated how long it took to do recruiting. It got repetitive real quick. Especially now with me running a dynasty page, I'm grateful that it's so streamlined.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Operation Sports mobile app
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2018, 02:15 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by young22
I didn't really like the phone recruiting. I was never big into NCAA until 14, my first one was 12 but I was 10 when it came out and wasn't into dynasty mode the way I am now. I tried played 12 a few years later and I hated how long it took to do recruiting. It got repetitive real quick. Especially now with me running a dynasty page, I'm grateful that it's so streamlined.

Wow, I remember being a senior in high school when 05 came out
Old 08-15-2018, 03:04 PM   #7
MVP

SilverBullet19's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by young22

Man I was in my last semester of college when 12 came out, I got a TON of gaming in when I graduated and was looking for a job (was unemployed for a month after relocating).

I agree, it was a bit time consuming. I actually remember kind of dreading early season recruiting because it took so long. I think that's why they streamlined it. I don't mind doing instant points like in 14, but I wish I could at least pick pitches.

Major Boise State fan
Old 08-15-2018, 09:29 PM   #8
MVP

young22's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creasy1010
Wow, I remember being a senior in high school when 05 came out
Damn I'm just about to be a senior now

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »