Home

I don't own Madden 19 but I watched some videos

This is a discussion on I don't own Madden 19 but I watched some videos within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-16-2018, 07:36 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 0
I don't own Madden 19 but I watched some videos

of gameplay and from what I've seen I like the NCAA gameplay better. Graphics are better with Madden because it is current gen but from gameplay in NCAA appears to be better.
Old 08-16-2018, 07:38 PM   #2
Rookie

The Red Scourge's Arena

Re: I don't own Madden 19 but I watched some videos

Quote:
Originally Posted by tessl
of gameplay and from what I've seen I like the NCAA gameplay better. Graphics are better with Madden because it is current gen but from gameplay in NCAA appears to be better.

That’s been my general takeaway as well. I also have not played it. M19 does seem more sophisticated in some small gameplay aspects, but overall I agree with you. I’ve always liked the way NCAA has played over Madden of the same year. Madden has always felt stiff comparatively. When I heard CFM wasn’t getting a massive overhaul, I knew I wouldn’t be buying anyways.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-16-2018, 08:21 PM   #3
MVP

young22's Arena

I don't know what it is but the way NCAA 14 plays is so smooth. Madden 25 is good as well, but NCAA just feels more real. All this RPM stuff they're hyping was wasn't too far off what NCAA 14 had in 2013.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 08-17-2018, 05:50 AM   #4
MVP

whughes's Arena

Having own and played both I can say they each have their own strengths and weaknesses. Madden of course looks better because it’s 5 years newer and on current gen consoles. It has some additions that I personally really like such as the ability to choose between an aggressive catch, possession catch, or to go for rac yards. But then things like the RPM system are kind of wonky and take a lot to get used to. Basically before you hit turbo you better make sure you’re facing the exact direction you want to be going because if you turn ever so slightly the player will literally stop mid sprint, do a wonky little turn, and then accelerate back up to speed. Overall I just like the feel of the college game better

Fan of:
Chicago Bears
U of M Wolverines
CMU Chippewas

Old 08-17-2018, 11:25 AM   #5
MVP

SilverBullet19's Arena

Videos can only show you so much, to be fair. NCAA 14 does play great for sure, and graphics are okay, they've held up. They're not as good obviously, but serviceable.

Madden 19, however, it plays more true to real football in my opinion. It requires the user to be a bit more skilled in every facet, especially in running the ball. You can't spam the sprint button when running, you have to be keen and set up your blocks to hit the hole. Passing windows are tight. In NCAA, if your guy has a step, the DB allows him to catch the ball then tackles him. In Madden, the DB will reach for the tip or try to pick it, or do what he can to break it up in general, so that's more realistic. The defense actually adapts too so you can't run the same play a bunch of times.

As a college football fan, I'll always rock NCAA 14, and a new one if we ever get it again. As a sim gamer who likes realism, Madden takes the cake on that front.

NCAA was always 1 year behind Madden, IE it played like the previous madden. Almost like they passed down the engine. That always made NCAA a comfortable experience, because you're used to how it played after playing the madden before.

Major Boise State fan

Last edited by SilverBullet19; 08-17-2018 at 11:27 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2018, 12:04 PM   #6
MVP

I use coach mode exclusively. From the videos I've seen the running game in Madden 19 seems nerfed.

It's a shame the slip and fall lawyers put the NCAA game out of business before it made it to current gen machines but fortunately NCAA 14 had some major improvements in gameplay with the second year of the infinity engine, new blocking AI and other improvements. I have my ps3 right next to my ps4 and the only game I own for the ps3 is NCAA 14.
Old 08-17-2018, 12:29 PM   #7
MVP

SilverBullet19's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tessl
I use coach mode exclusively. From the videos I've seen the running game in Madden 19 seems nerfed.

It's a shame the slip and fall lawyers put the NCAA game out of business before it made it to current gen machines but fortunately NCAA 14 had some major improvements in gameplay with the second year of the infinity engine, new blocking AI and other improvements. I have my ps3 right next to my ps4 and the only game I own for the ps3 is NCAA 14.
There's definitely an issue with CPU running in M19 where the backs juke erratically. Sliders have helped it, but it needs a patch.

I'm the same with my Xbox 360. I have a Ps4 and I use that for madden, but play NCAA on the 360 much more. It's the only game I play on it lol

Major Boise State fan
Old 08-18-2018, 01:50 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverBullet19
Videos can only show you so much, to be fair. NCAA 14 does play great for sure, and graphics are okay, they've held up. They're not as good obviously, but serviceable.

Madden 19, however, it plays more true to real football in my opinion. It requires the user to be a bit more skilled in every facet, especially in running the ball. You can't spam the sprint button when running, you have to be keen and set up your blocks to hit the hole. Passing windows are tight. In NCAA, if your guy has a step, the DB allows him to catch the ball then tackles him. In Madden, the DB will reach for the tip or try to pick it, or do what he can to break it up in general, so that's more realistic. The defense actually adapts too so you can't run the same play a bunch of times.

As a college football fan, I'll always rock NCAA 14, and a new one if we ever get it again. As a sim gamer who likes realism, Madden takes the cake on that front.

NCAA was always 1 year behind Madden, IE it played like the previous madden. Almost like they passed down the engine. That always made NCAA a comfortable experience, because you're used to how it played after playing the madden before.

I finally broke down and spent $5 on access to check out madden 19. Still downloading bc my internet is taken up by my 8 year old most of time haha

But I have to agree, even with the little I’ve tried with the jags and eagles game they give you. The movement and running the ball is definitely more realistic. I know there is a lot of complaining, but I wonder how many of those complaints come from someone who stepped on to a football field. Yes, it is a video game, but just in the small taste I’ve had, I totally love the new system. I know when I get deeper into it I’ll notice more things. But I definitely like what I’ve seen so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »