Home

Injury ratings

This is a discussion on Injury ratings within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-22-2018, 06:20 PM   #9
MVP

SilverBullet19's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Injury ratings

I've been using the edits. So far, in 5 games, I've seen 4 injuries to my guys.

RB had bruised ribs, missed 2 quarters and was fine.

Other RB had an ankle sprain, missed 1 quarter (oddly less than bruised ribs?).

WR got a dislocated thumb, out 1 quarter.

QB sprained shoulder, 1 quarter.

FWIW, that's more than most other seasons. Still waiting on "the big one," if you will. I'm holding out my WR 1-2 games. A dislocated thumb would probably swell up like crazy and be tough to move, and make catching tough in real life. QB I'll probably hold out a few games, no way a QB is going to be able to throw on a sprained shoulder (unless it's his off arm).

Usually, when it says a guy can go back in, I bench him anyway. Maybe I'll force them back in when re-risk injury is high and just see if they really do get hurt easier

Major Boise State fan
Old 08-28-2018, 11:19 AM   #10
Working for the weekend

Herky's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsbigmike
Yep, I use these too. I think they're a must-use if you're looking for anything to make dynasty harder/feel more organic. Really like the balance of injuries. I also turn stamina down on all my players, too.
It makes recruiting really important as well. You'll need depth at offensive line specifically.

Iowa Hawkeyes
Northern Iowa Panthers
Minnesota Vikings
Chicago Cubs
Minnesota Twins
Boston Celtics
Minnesota Timberwolves
Old 08-28-2018, 01:58 PM   #11
Pro

tarheelguy4736's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuscaloosa
I've been using the most recent Stonecalf edits that I could find, which are:

Offense:
QB (-30)
HB/FB (-25)
TE (-30)
WR (-40)
OLINE (-80)

Defense:
Dline (-80)
LB (-70)
DB's (-40)
P/K (-60)

So far, I've been getting great results. Lost my QB for the remainder of the game, twice. Lost my FB for two weeks. FS for 9 weeks (rest of season) with a broken ankle. CB for 9 weeks (rest of season) with a strained back. And LOLB for several weeks (can't remember how many) with broken ribs. One of my WR also gets dinged up a lot, but comes back the same game. I've only been playing with these edits for 4 games.
So I am assuming, for example, if your QB has an 80 injury rating you would lower it by 15 points, down to 50? I would like to have more realistic injuries for my team as I never have any.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2018, 02:54 PM   #12
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarheelguy4736
So I am assuming, for example, if your QB has an 80 injury rating you would lower it by 15 points, down to 50? I would like to have more realistic injuries for my team as I never have any.
I know you meant lower it by 30, but yeah, that's all you do.
Old 08-28-2018, 03:33 PM   #13
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarheelguy4736
Yep. I also lower Stamina of my players by 15 points across the board. Thinking of going to even a -20 for next season. Tired players + lowered injury ratings = great balance of injuries that are just for the length of the game as well as long term
Old 08-28-2018, 04:00 PM   #14
Rookie

tylerd02's Arena

OVR: 3

I have been editing my players injuries for 5 seasons. I put the wrs at 25, rbs at 30 and qbs at 35. Everyone else is at 20. I have had pretty good results with this.

This isn't -25, its 25 actual value.

I have never had an olinemen hurt and i thought they couldn't be.
Old 08-28-2018, 10:48 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 2

Lineman can be hurt.... I just had one.... however it was after he caught a ball haha. I use the hulk I form and sub in all line man. I thought I had a run play called till my QB dropped back. My backup LG made a 5 yard catch for a 1st down but got hurt after being tackled. It was only a 2 quarter injury but I got a laugh because was first time I ever seen a lineman hurt and it was due to a fluke play.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2018, 12:12 PM   #16
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuscaloosa
I've been using the most recent Stonecalf edits that I could find, which are:

Offense:
QB (-30)
HB/FB (-25)
TE (-30)
WR (-40)
OLINE (-80)

Defense:
Dline (-80)
LB (-70)
DB's (-40)
P/K (-60)

So far, I've been getting great results. Lost my QB for the remainder of the game, twice. Lost my FB for two weeks. FS for 9 weeks (rest of season) with a broken ankle. CB for 9 weeks (rest of season) with a strained back. And LOLB for several weeks (can't remember how many) with broken ribs. One of my WR also gets dinged up a lot, but comes back the same game. I've only been playing with these edits for 4 games.
Interesting, but seems super extreme, like the 80 O and Dline. You'd basically be setting them to 0. But I'll give them a shot.

I've been using these edits below for multiple seasons across different teams, always gives me good result. They allow for dings where people can get knocked out for a few plays or a quarter or two, along with a few serious multiple week ones. Basically I want to go in with having around the same amount of injuries as the rest of the teams

https://forums.operationsports.com/f...&postcount=133

Quarterbacks (-10)
HBs : (-15)
WRs: (-10)
TE/FB: (-20)
Defense: (-40)
OL: (-70)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »