Home

Injury ratings

This is a discussion on Injury ratings within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-02-2018, 12:30 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Injury ratings

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverBullet19
I’ve never set it to aggressive. I always just assumed that made it no huddle by default.

Had 3 guys go down last game, 2 returned and one was out for he game with a concussion. Still haven’t had a major injury after 6 games with the edits

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Pretty sure setting to aggressive just makes your team walk up to the line of scrimmage faster, IIRC. I never mess with that stuff though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2018, 01:49 PM   #26
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsbigmike
Pretty sure setting to aggressive just makes your team walk up to the line of scrimmage faster, IIRC. I never mess with that stuff though.
"Aggressive" makes teams immediately run to the LOS for the snap after a play, "Normal" makes them do the same but they look to the sideline for the play, "Conservative" is just normal huddle. IIRC.
Old 09-02-2018, 03:17 PM   #27
Rookie

For online dynasty, how do you get the ratings adjusted for incoming freshman and have it saved. We have 12 users and I'll adjust all the freshman but for some reason it will not save once we advance. Anyone find a solution to this?
Old 09-02-2018, 07:12 PM   #28
Pro

osubucki6's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Dozier
"Aggressive" makes teams immediately run to the LOS for the snap after a play, "Normal" makes them do the same but they look to the sideline for the play, "Conservative" is just normal huddle. IIRC.
These are for actual coach settings, and even then I believe this is only true for CPU teams. If you do the in game coach adjustments and set it to aggressive it really does nothing but fatigue your players faster, unless you run a no-huddle and then they set faster. Conservative is chew clock. I've been running it on aggressive the entire season and I don't know that it's made a huge difference, but my players are definitely fatiguing faster even though I huddle every single play. In new Maddens however, yes setting it to aggressive makes you no huddle every time.
NBA-Sonics :'(
Old 09-05-2018, 11:17 AM   #29
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by osubucki6
Slightly off topic but how many of you set offensive tempo to aggressive? I have been recently, whether or not I run a no huddle, and I feel I've seen a slight increase in injuries. It also forces more substitutions obviously. But I'd be interested to see if this setting would be helped even further by changing the ratings.

I run a no-huddle offense. I started a new dynasty using the updated rosters from here (late August) and became OC of Idaho (I'm now the HC in season 2). In my first season I lost my starting FB for the year and this season I lost my starting TE for 10 weeks (I got him back for the bowl season). I'm interested in this thread because as you replace players with recruits (perhaps greater than 2 stars?), user-controlled injuries tend to decline. Perhaps playing P5 schools have less injuries by default because better players are injured less often?

In my bowl game (against Oklahoma), I used Von Dozier's recommendations (putting all injury settings in the 60s or lower was more aggressive than I wanted to initially test with). I lost my starting QB (true freshman and my top recruit from season 1) for the game on the 3rd play. I lost my starting and #3 RB to a minor injury in which they returned. I lost my #2 WR for the game and #1 for a series as well as a LB for the game. At first glance, this seems about right to me so I will continue to see how it plays out. Given that I run no-huddle with the coach being aggressive, 5 injuries on offense in the first game may indicate you are on to something.
Old 09-05-2018, 06:29 PM   #30
Pro

osubucki6's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherrane
I run a no-huddle offense. I started a new dynasty using the updated rosters from here (late August) and became OC of Idaho (I'm now the HC in season 2). In my first season I lost my starting FB for the year and this season I lost my starting TE for 10 weeks (I got him back for the bowl season). I'm interested in this thread because as you replace players with recruits (perhaps greater than 2 stars?), user-controlled injuries tend to decline. Perhaps playing P5 schools have less injuries by default because better players are injured less often?

In my bowl game (against Oklahoma), I used Von Dozier's recommendations (putting all injury settings in the 60s or lower was more aggressive than I wanted to initially test with). I lost my starting QB (true freshman and my top recruit from season 1) for the game on the 3rd play. I lost my starting and #3 RB to a minor injury in which they returned. I lost my #2 WR for the game and #1 for a series as well as a LB for the game. At first glance, this seems about right to me so I will continue to see how it plays out. Given that I run no-huddle with the coach being aggressive, 5 injuries on offense in the first game may indicate you are on to something.
Yeah I kind of feel like the in game adjustments are something that can greatly aid slider makers but haven't been tested much from what I've seen. I've also been putting blocking and carrying on conservative (I'm not gonna see fumbles or holds much anyways) and it's really limited my yards per carry compared to when it's not on. Maybe if you set them to aggressive and set RB ability low it would balance out and lead to more holds and fumbles.

I've also set catching to aggressive but that was too much for me. There was one game where I was like 19/53 and 18 of those incompletions were drops, even when I was clicking on. To increase the difficulty though I think it would work. Haven't tested the defensive stuff much as I'm almost always an OC and suck on defense in this game anyways.
NBA-Sonics :'(
Old 09-08-2018, 12:18 PM   #31
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brofessor
For online dynasty, how do you get the ratings adjusted for incoming freshman and have it saved. We have 12 users and I'll adjust all the freshman but for some reason it will not save once we advance. Anyone find a solution to this?
Seems like the majority of folks do offline dynasty. Anyone get this to work for incoming freshman online?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-06-2018, 07:27 PM   #32
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Dozier
Not be rude but this is actually reversed.. Normal is basically 2 minute no huddle pace as Aggressive they will do the look to the sideline.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »