Home

Creating 2018 (or any season) schedule

This is a discussion on Creating 2018 (or any season) schedule within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-09-2018, 01:15 AM   #33
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: Creating 2018 (or any season) schedule

No, I'm not trying to recreate any schedules.
I'm trying to learn more about how to do things in the editor. Here are those things:

1. I want to eliminate 11-game schedules. This means I need to add games in the editor. There are 7 teams in my dynasty who have 11-game schedules. The way I dealt with this last season was to assume control of those teams in the editor and fix them in game. I would like to be able to do this in the editor.

2. I would like to get rid of FCS teams. This can also be done by controlling every team and manually dealing with their schedule, but if it could be done in the editor and it be easier than doing so in-game, I'd like to know how. Currently I haven't been able to figure out how to do this.

3. I'd like to fix some silly things with the schedules.

A. Bye weeks. I've noticed that some teams have early byes or double byes at the end of the season and not one in-season.

B. Schedules where teams play four or more away games in a row. I don't know of any teams who play three away games in a row, much less four. Often times they're conference games, so I can't fix them in the game.

Ultimately, I feel like scheduling with the editor would be too tedious. What I've done is create excel sheets where I figure out which teams would play who to deal with these issues. But I have no idea how to translate those changes in to the DB editor.
Old 12-09-2018, 05:44 AM   #34
Pro

Well, I seem to have figured out a method that works for me to be able to get 12 games scheduled and get rid of FCS matchups, which was the most important thing in my goals.

I currently have 5 saves of my dynasty. 2 on the hard drive (default and backup), as well as 3 on my USB.

On my USB, I advance to week 1 on one file so I can look at all the team schedules. On excel, I type out the team schedules I want to change and I leave a note as to what needs to change. I highlight certain things certain colors to keep a code of what is changing and what isn’t.

I highlight byes and FCS games. I then start filling in the blanks and swapping the FCS teams for FBS matchups. Once I’ve done that, I determine which teams I need to take control of to make all the schedules work.

I used the editor and take control of 11 (plus my own 1) teams and make the changes. I don’t think you can control more than 12 at once and I cba finding out lol.

I did this tonight. About half of the 126 teams had either an FCS game or other issue with the schedule. 7 teams had 11 games. In all, I had to take control of just over 30 teams. Should’ve taken 3 trips but I messed up in my original spreadsheet and it took a couple more.

I had to manually save every time I finished one rotation of teams or else the changes didn’t save. I couldn’t back out or anything unless I saved because when you change the schedule it doesn’t auto save for some reason.

I tested it out before I did all the teams. I paid attention to a few coaches from a few teams I took control of. I released them back to cpu control before I started the season, and they all gained Xp through the year just fine.

I don’t know why I typed all this but it’s 5:43 am and I’m excited that I accomplished my goal.
Old 12-09-2018, 11:20 AM   #35
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ugagsu
Nope it just won’t work. All those damn FCS games there are more games listed on the actual schedule than what are listed in the editor and it will throw off the overall number of each teams games. Back to coach control method and do the closest I can that way. I have tried every possible way I know to do each week it simply will not work

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Here's a picture of the 2018 schedule working on my xbox.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-13-2018, 05:03 PM   #36
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokie525
Here's a picture of the 2018 schedule working on my xbox.

Awesome. I may give it another go. I have a schedule that is not exact but includes most of the big non conference games but in different weeks. I have that one to fall back on in case. Have you checked all the way to conference championship week ? Just curious

Old 12-13-2018, 05:13 PM   #37
Rookie

Quote:
Awesome. I may give it another go. I have a schedule that is not exact but includes most of the big non conference games but in different weeks. I have that one to fall back on in case. Have you checked all the way to conference championship week ? Just curious

You can change the start year to make the dates match exactly. Go to SEAI tab and change “SSYE” and “Year” to 5(2018) and then go to the top menu and select “I/O”
and choose Export and I use Dynasty Season when it asks for a key. Go to Excel and make the changes there. Save and import back into editor. It will change the numbers back to 0. Just change back to 5 and save and save it in Horizon. When you load it should say “Preseason 2018”. When you go to Week 1 the dates should match the exact dates for this year. I will try to post some screenshots of the tabs

Old 12-13-2018, 05:21 PM   #38
Pro

Quote:
You can change the start year to make the dates match exactly. Go to SEAI tab and change “SSYE” and “Year” to 5(2018) and then go to the top menu and select “I/O”
and choose Export and I use Dynasty Season when it asks for a key. Go to Excel and make the changes there. Save and import back into editor. It will change the numbers back to 0. Just change back to 5 and save and save it in Horizon. When you load it should say “Preseason 2018”. When you go to Week 1 the dates should match the exact dates for this year. I will try to post some screenshots of the tabs

I'm not 100% sure but I think I remember simming through the season a while back ago just to make sure it worked and everything went fine...but I'll do it again just to make sure.

Yeah I've been able to change the year but the stats didn't record for the players. Does the step using excel fix that? And that would be awesome if you could post some screenshots.

Old 12-13-2018, 09:56 PM   #39
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokie525
I'm not 100% sure but I think I remember simming through the season a while back ago just to make sure it worked and everything went fine...but I'll do it again just to make sure.

Yeah I've been able to change the year but the stats didn't record for the players. Does the step using excel fix that? And that would be awesome if you could post some screenshots.

I don’t know about stats . I wasn’t concerned with that just that the dates match. How did you delete games , especially in week 1 when there are only 4 games. I am not able to get into Excel at the moment because my Microsoft Office is being an ***. I will try to get screenshots but it may not be until tomorrow

Old 12-13-2018, 09:57 PM   #40
Rookie

Excel is just to change the start year as far as I know. Don’t know what effect, if any, on stats

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »