Home

Is Madden Paving The Way For A Future NCAA Football Game?

This is a discussion on Is Madden Paving The Way For A Future NCAA Football Game? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-08-2018, 12:55 AM   #9
MVP

SilverBullet19's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Is Madden Paving The Way For A Future NCAA Football Game?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsr862
It just make a me mad that yes NCAA pulled it's rights out, but EA still had schools and conferences on board. Could just been titled College Football 15 etc. All they had to do was have generic random rosters. Would have solved everything. The push to have everything so authentic is what killed it.

Actually several schools and conferences pulled out, as I said above. Notably the SEC and Ohio State among the first if I recall correctly. That’s when they pulled the plug. They were going to go ahead without NCAA, but once schools and conferences started bailing they scrapped it.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Major Boise State fan
Old 09-12-2018, 07:38 PM   #10
MVP

bigwill33's Arena

OVR: 13

It will return when there is proven to be profit without the risk involved. NBA2k and Madden using certain colleges in their games is a toe in the proverbial water. When the powers that be decide that it is safe to resume production and that there is no further chance of litigation involved you will see an announcement made that someone is making a legit college football game again, most likely EA or 2k Sports.

Who knows how long that will be, however? And it will suck for us, the consumers, to be fed a product that is probably pretty bare boned at first, again. But there is no way that with how popular college football is that we don't see a return to the genre in video game form in the future. Too much money to gain for all parties, just need to center that greed in a productive manner, and quit ripping off the student athletes!
Old 09-12-2018, 08:43 PM   #11
MVP

SilverBullet19's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwill33
It will return when there is proven to be profit without the risk involved. NBA2k and Madden using certain colleges in their games is a toe in the proverbial water. When the powers that be decide that it is safe to resume production and that there is no further chance of litigation involved you will see an announcement made that someone is making a legit college football game again, most likely EA or 2k Sports.

Who knows how long that will be, however? And it will suck for us, the consumers, to be fed a product that is probably pretty bare boned at first, again. But there is no way that with how popular college football is that we don't see a return to the genre in video game form in the future. Too much money to gain for all parties, just need to center that greed in a productive manner, and quit ripping off the student athletes!

I agree that we will see it return at some point. I'm actually surprised it isn't back already. You would think that all EA or 2k need to do is show the NCAA some $$$ signs, and the NCAA would be back in and have some sort of deferred program or release waiver in a heartbeat. I'm sure it will return at some point, hopefully sooner rather than later.

NBA2k and Madden use those schools through contract because it doesn't use any real players. I think, the biggest step in the right direction it shows, is that people are excited that college teams are in the game.

Major Boise State fan
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-13-2018, 04:32 PM   #12
Pro

tarheelguy4736's Arena

OVR: 4

I am a major NCAA player and continue to play '14 to this day. As much as I would love and welcome a new NCAA game, I don't think it's going to happen. We are now 5 years removed from the last game that was made. Unless EA has been working on a new NCAA game in secret, I would suspect it would at least take 2 years to produce a new game (with all the changes in technology and within college football itself). Unfortunately, if a game were to happen I would suspect it would be another 5 years before that even happens. All we can do is continue to speculate but I, unfortunately, have almost given up hope on an NCAA game returning to a gaming console.
Old 09-13-2018, 04:35 PM   #13
Cupcake Coach

R1zzo23's Arena

OVR: 16

I don’t expect an NCAA game from 2k any time soon - if at all - but I would gladly take one that uses the current Madden engine and customizable generic conferences and schools.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Old 09-14-2018, 05:41 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by R1zzo23
I don’t expect an NCAA game from 2k any time soon - if at all - but I would gladly take one that uses the current Madden engine and customizable generic conferences and schools.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I just saw a mod on Madden PC with 32 NCAA teams and it looked amazing. I’d say we are itching closer than a lot of us think. A few years, yes. But it’ll happen.
Old 09-14-2018, 06:28 PM   #15
MVP

SilverBullet19's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanreid2000
I just saw a mod on Madden PC with 32 NCAA teams and it looked amazing. I’d say we are itching closer than a lot of us think. A few years, yes. But it’ll happen.
Yeah but that's a user mod, not something released by EA. We are definitely getting closer at least to a fully customizable experience, like with Axis football. The gameplay is a bit behind though

Major Boise State fan
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »