Home

QB awareness and playbooks

This is a discussion on QB awareness and playbooks within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-26-2004, 03:02 PM   #1
L*v* *nd H*n*r t* M**m*

mazhirui's Arena

OVR: 5
QB awareness and playbooks

This really could go in any of the football games out there, but I was playing NCAA while thinking about it. While debating about starting a freshman QB with better ratings than my redshirt sophomore who has some game experience, I thought it would be a pretty cool idea if EA or Visual Concepts tied a QB's awareness rating into the playbook. A QB with a low awareness might only have half a team's playbook available to him, simply because he doesn't have the experience to learn all the plays to the point that he can use them in a game.

For a CPU QB, it could still be used to determine in-game awareness, but I don't think that really has any impact on the QB that you're personally controlling. It would add an interesting element to the game. Yes, your upperclassman QB has slightly worse ratings, but he has the full playbook at his command as compared to your young guy with better ratings, but only 65-70% of the plays to call.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2004, 02:35 PM   #2
Rookie

coopgang's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: QB awareness and playbooks

That's a great idea. Maybe they should make the qb's ratings slightly lower in pressure packed situations if he has low awareness. I wish all games would make ratings mean more. Although they're arbitrary numbers, the sole purpose of ratings is to find out whose better and how often they should beat the defender. If they did that, there would be no need to adjust the sliders. I could explain this seemingly simple concept more, but I have to take my girl to work.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »