Home

Keeping the Military schools + GT from becoming dominant.

This is a discussion on Keeping the Military schools + GT from becoming dominant. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-08-2018, 05:14 PM   #9
Rookie

king8838's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Keeping the Military schools + GT from becoming dominant.

i know for me, it wasn’t just the academies. I had Michigan State and Kentucky and other Power 5 teams running the option going into the late 2020s and on in my 40+ year dynasty. I will have to implemete some of these tips in my next dynasty.
Psalm 118:17 "I will not die; instead, I will live to tell what the LORD has done."
Old 12-09-2018, 12:36 PM   #10
MVP

OVR: 0

Putting Army and Navy into conferences helps. I honestly try not to worry about it so much. They find success and then their assistants get hired elsewhere and the offense goes all around the country. I have a promotion relegation dynasty and there are very seldom any undefeated teams because of the parity the setup engenders. So that also helps.

Not to insult anyone, but does anyone try as hard to keep other programs from becoming successful? It just seems interesting to be so unrealistic in process (neutering their offensive system) to create a more realistic result (less overall success). Not that I never do that. In my 07 dynasty, I've been trying to make Notre Dame and some Pac 10 squads competitive so my schedule isn't so easy with USC. I've also turned up the substitutions for the option teams on that game so they produce less 2000 yard rushers.

I think the biggest difference between the game and real life as the option goes is not how well the offense works but the fact that in the game the success of the offense leads to recruiting success and that's why the teams get better and see more success. In real life, they don't pull 4 and 5 stars. I do wish there were something programmed into the game that required a better academic rating or something for the military schools. I guess I kinda like seeing them succeed because I like the offense.

Last edited by nofx94; 12-09-2018 at 12:39 PM.
Old 12-09-2018, 06:01 PM   #11
Pro

I haven't messed with other teams' schemes, but I've used the editor to change their recruiting classes. I may change their prestige if I see them creeping up, but to this point in my current dynasty nothing is wrong.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-10-2018, 12:44 PM   #12
Rookie

mattm7x's Arena

Thanks for the tips everyone!
Old 12-10-2018, 03:27 PM   #13
MVP

SilverBullet19's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by nofx94

Not to insult anyone, but does anyone try as hard to keep other programs from becoming successful? It just seems interesting to be so unrealistic in process (neutering their offensive system) to create a more realistic result (less overall success). Not that I never do that. In my 07 dynasty, I've been trying to make Notre Dame and some Pac 10 squads competitive so my schedule isn't so easy with USC. I've also turned up the substitutions for the option teams on that game so they produce less 2000 yard rushers.
I think the focus becomes on the military academies because they become extremely unrealistic. In college ball, it's not uncommon for teams to rise out of nowhere and put together a few seasons before fading into oblivion. If that happened with the academies, no one would bat an eye.

However, they become so unrealistically successful they are a constant top 10. I took to finally editing their players. I did so because around week 10, it was apparent that the national championship was shaping up to be Army V Navy. They were #1 and #2 or something like that. I'm all for them doing well, but that was just too far fetched.

Now that's all I do. Edit down the offensive backfield, and any guy over 90 gets dumbed down. They wind up with a backfield worthy of Alabama/Clemson where it's just stud after stud if you don't do anything.

Major Boise State fan
Old 12-28-2018, 06:35 PM   #14
MVP

SilverBullet19's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Dozier
What's worked for me perfectly is editing all their QBs to have 70 Throw Power, 50 Throw Accuracy. Then just edit the same for incoming freshman QBs onward. These guys aren't supposed to be competant passing quarterbacks, but the game basically rates them like they are. Editing them down makes their sim stats go from a high passing percentage to a low one, as it should be. So, it's just something you have to manually fix.

And it doesn't murder them completely, I've still had a few here and there slip into the 25-20-ish positions every few years, but definitely not the automatic top 10's they become just a few seasons in lol.
I've taken to doing this, and editing just the RB/FB position. They tend to wind up with a lot of backs having break tackle/spin/juke/trucking over 90. I just dial it down to 70's and 80's in everything. I think they soak up good backs in recruiting due to their offensive styles.

Major Boise State fan
Old 12-29-2018, 12:29 AM   #15
Banned

OVR: 2

I play them. These teams are so easy to beat. Give them 1 loss each year. Rarely in my dynasties do they play for the NC.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-31-2018, 11:35 AM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 3

I was wondering about this! I am new to '14, and just started playing Dynasty. In year two, Army just went 14-0 and beat TCU for the natty. I was like... WTF??

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »