Home

The Fatigue Off Thread

This is a discussion on The Fatigue Off Thread within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-13-2018, 01:05 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 13
Re: The Fatigue Off Thread

Fatigue off, coach progression very slow/slow (haven't decided which yet, but definitely not default) modified Matt10 (these can always change a tick or two, but this is mainly the base)
5-5
35-40
35-40
40-40
5-25
25-30
40-25
5-25
30-30

Injuries for own team:
Quarterbacks (-10)
HBs : (-15)
WRs: (-10)
OL: (-70)
TE/FB: (-20)
Defense: (-40)

Recruiting:
1 Star: (Home State: Top 3) (Pipeline: Top 3) (Any: 1st)
2 Star: (Home State: Top 5) (Pipeline: Top 3) (Any: 1st)
3 Star: (Home State: Top 10) (Pipeline: Top 5) (Any: Top 3)
4 Star: (Home State: Any) (Pipeline: Top 10) (Any: Top 5)
5 Star: (Home State: Any) (Pipeline: Any) (Any: Top 10)
6 Star: Any player you want to pursue

As for the coaching tree, I see a lot of people not using it, but I personally do. I allow myself basically to do everything the CPU does, and it includes this. It also goes towards my preference of making the coordinators actually MATTER. Going into a new season after a successful one, I lost both my coordinators, and my roster was looking awful. However, the OC I just brought in is literally maxed out on offense, so I basically lucked out in making this season look salvageable.

Along with that, something I do for fun is to use the playbooks that my coordinators use if I'm a head coach. This makes your coordinators matter a LOT more. Last season, my OC and DC used the UCLA spread and a 4-3 defense. Now, I'm looking at a Mizzou spread with a 3-4 defense. Going to be learning pains, and that's a lot of fun to me. All my playbook comfortability is now out the window going into a new season. I also use Ask Coach for all my plays, with an optional thing being the number of plays you're allowed to pick from if you see yourself as a DC or OC minded coach. I see myself as OC minded, so I allow myself a few screens of Ask Coach to select from. But with that, that negates me to only picking the FIRST play of the defensive Ask Coach. Just a fun thing to do, I've had big games with it, and awful games with it.

Also I never audible, so I have to make sure that play I select is damn good.
Old 12-13-2018, 01:20 PM   #10
MVP

SilverBullet19's Arena

OVR: 0
The Fatigue Off Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Dozier

As for the coaching tree, I see a lot of people not using it, but I personally do. I allow myself basically to do everything the CPU does, and it includes this. It also goes towards my preference of making the coordinators actually MATTER. Going into a new season after a successful one, I lost both my coordinators, and my roster was looking awful. However, the OC I just brought in is literally maxed out on offense, so I basically lucked out in making this season look salvageable.

Along with that, something I do for fun is to use the playbooks that my coordinators use if I'm a head coach. This makes your coordinators matter a LOT more. Last season, my OC and DC used the UCLA spread and a 4-3 defense. Now, I'm looking at a Mizzou spread with a 3-4 defense. Going to be learning pains, and that's a lot of fun to me. All my playbook comfortability is now out the window going into a new season. I also use Ask Coach for all my plays, with an optional thing being the number of plays you're allowed to pick from if you see yourself as a DC or OC minded coach. I see myself as OC minded, so I allow myself a few screens of Ask Coach to select from. But with that, that negates me to only picking the FIRST play of the defensive Ask Coach. Just a fun thing to do, I've had big games with it, and awful games with it.

Also I never audible, so I have to make sure that play I select is damn good.

I like what you say here. Sometimes I consider allowing just a few upgrades for my OC’s. When they’re high level, however, it’s just too easy.

I don’t remember what the upgrades are, but I’d base it off backstory. If my OC was a QB, maybe pass accuracy gets a nod. If he was OL, blocking, etc.

I also tried using my OC playbooks, but I was getting a new OC every year. Now I pick a playbook for 2-4 years, then change it up.

I forgot to mention in my house rules, I only allow the quick audibles, no setting up the real deal ones. So I can only switch to a deep pass, slants, five, or a PA pass. If the defense looks unfavorable, I do the realistic thing and burn a timeout.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Major Boise State fan
Old 12-13-2018, 04:35 PM   #11
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by airraid73
Question..with fatigue off are injuries still occuring throughout the season and do this mean nobody gets tired . sorry just curious?

Sent from my VS501 using Tapatalk
I agree with everything that everyone else has said regarding injuries. As for no one getting tired? No and yes... sort of. They don't tire/fatigue in the traditional sense: auto-subs (which many of us find faulty anyhow), multiple carries in a row for a RB (also hard to get right even with fatigue on), and heavy use of turbo/speed burst. All that said, I do notice that their... I guess I would call it "in-play energy" still goes down and still affects play. For example, RBs being slower after breaking a tackle and absorbing the blow, RBs being much more capable of shedding tackles before you've made any moves, and the increased chance of a fumble from your QB who had to escape the pocket and scramble (if you don't slide), etc. I've also been playing RE, for quite some time, and I've noticed my ability to swim in the second half is drastically reduced. I'm really watching myself as far as placebo effect on this one, but I feel like it's fairly legit. I feel like I've noticed it for awhile, but it's as if it's magnified since going default-based.

Listen to myself... "default-based". Sounds like a diet change.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-13-2018, 04:49 PM   #12
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverBullet19
I like what you say here. Sometimes I consider allowing just a few upgrades for my OC’s. When they’re high level, however, it’s just too easy.

I don’t remember what the upgrades are, but I’d base it off backstory. If my OC was a QB, maybe pass accuracy gets a nod. If he was OL, blocking, etc.

I also tried using my OC playbooks, but I was getting a new OC every year. Now I pick a playbook for 2-4 years, then change it up.

I forgot to mention in my house rules, I only allow the quick audibles, no setting up the real deal ones. So I can only switch to a deep pass, slants, five, or a PA pass. If the defense looks unfavorable, I do the realistic thing and burn a timeout.

My experience with Coaching Trees:

With sliders - imperative to have them OFF.

At default (or near) - imperative to have them ON. Since going back to default, it really magnifies the impact of the coaching trees, both the USER's and CPU's. WRs really struggle to catch passes with an OC that doesn't have the WR perks. That's one of the most notable, but you can feel it in all areas. The defensive line is another big one. If you're DC is a Level 1, you will have a noticeably harder time getting a pass rush and stopping the run, until you reach those perks. And turnovers - another big one. It's a ways up there on the DC tree, as it should be, so that big difference not only feels realistic when achieved through the coach building up or a bigger name coming in, but also feels very rewarding. To go years struggling to get turnovers, your coaches and players (hopefully) getting better all the while, and then when you've built your team and staff up, all of a sudden that next year you notice your boys are starting to look like all those other defenses you've been going up against. And that feels awesome.

Last edited by Tuscaloosa; 12-14-2018 at 05:01 PM.
Old 12-13-2018, 10:10 PM   #13
MVP

Miles Perry's Arena

OVR: 2

Just played my first game on default heisman with fatigue off and I really like what’s going on here.... the only real complaint I have is completion percentage. I may tinker with lowering the QB Accuracy stat for each quarterback and see if that changes anything. Fun game. I played as Purdue against Cincy. Went to their place and won 35-28. Struggled to run the ball. They ran pretty well. I made a stop in the 4th quarter then scored with 4:30 to go to take the lead and they fumbled on the 5 yard line with 45 seconds left in the game so I won!

Old 12-13-2018, 11:05 PM   #14
MVP

moose141's Arena

OVR: 2

So since this is the fatigue off thread, I figure I’d ask if anyone has tried anything like this.. I just want to limit the editing pregame time of putting in things like formation subs for the CPU and whatnot, not to mention I do like seeing guys on my squad come in due to fatigue to get them some game time. With that said, has anyone tried something like going fatigue on for the first/third quarters and then off for the second/fourth quarters? Cause I mean the idea would really be to try and keep the CPU competitive at the ends of the half and the game, while still seeing some subs earlier on. Thoughts?

Pittsburgh Penguins - Pittsburgh Panthers - Pittsburgh Steelers - Pittsburgh Pirates - West Ham United
University of Pittsburgh Ice Hockey
Old 12-13-2018, 11:17 PM   #15
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miles Perry
Just played my first game on default heisman with fatigue off and I really like what’s going on here.... the only real complaint I have is completion percentage. I may tinker with lowering the QB Accuracy stat for each quarterback and see if that changes anything. Fun game. I played as Purdue against Cincy. Went to their place and won 35-28. Struggled to run the ball. They ran pretty well. I made a stop in the 4th quarter then scored with 4:30 to go to take the lead and they fumbled on the 5 yard line with 45 seconds left in the game so I won!

Yeah, keep in mind: As I've said in my other thread, my default settings aren't really aimed at replicating real life football, but rather at making A+ teams play like A+ teams and have A+ results, and the same with every letter grade. There are issues if you try to compare it to our real life game - pass percentages, near absence of penalties, etc.

Also, I dabbled with lowering QBA for both USER and CPU, and it seemed like it drastically raised the interceptions for both. And not because of bad passes, really. DBs just started catching more, when they should swat it or do the little congested drop thing with your WR. I immediately felt like I was starting to defeat the purpose of the default true rating approach, and just decided to deal with the pass percentages, which for me while building my team up isn't an issue. I only notice the high percentages from the CPU QBs until the USER team gets built up and you start having solid QBs, at which time you should have higher percentages anyway. But, of course, to each his own.

Last edited by Tuscaloosa; 12-13-2018 at 11:43 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-13-2018, 11:22 PM   #16
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by moose141
So since this is the fatigue off thread, I figure I’d ask if anyone has tried anything like this.. I just want to limit the editing pregame time of putting in things like formation subs for the CPU and whatnot, not to mention I do like seeing guys on my squad come in due to fatigue to get them some game time. With that said, has anyone tried something like going fatigue on for the first/third quarters and then off for the second/fourth quarters? Cause I mean the idea would really be to try and keep the CPU competitive at the ends of the half and the game, while still seeing some subs earlier on. Thoughts?
Interesting thought. You should try it. I would play at least 2-4 games, with fatigue off for the whole game, to get your control. Then you would be able to compare the experiences.

But, it only takes 2-3 minutes to do formation subs at the beginning of the game.

Last edited by Tuscaloosa; 12-13-2018 at 11:44 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »