Home

The Fatigue Off Thread

This is a discussion on The Fatigue Off Thread within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-09-2019, 06:28 PM   #65
Rookie

UravenzownU's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: The Fatigue Off Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Dozier
As I mentioned earlier, this is my (updated) Matt10 based tweaks that have worked excellent for me. First and foremost thing you have to do when turning fatigue off on a set is to tame the run game for both sides. Passing imo doesn't see much of a change from on to off.

QBA: 5-5
Pass Block: 35-40
WR Catch: 35-40
RB Ability: 40-40
Run Block: 5-25
Pass Cov: 25-30
INT: 40-25
Rush D: 5-25
Tackling: 25-25

Just want to say these along with Silverbullets recent observations has gave me the best 3 games I've played in a while.

Best as in most realistic, least cheesy cpu, ratings based while also being a solid challenge. I've had 2 really close games and my 1 blowout was a 36-10 win but it felt like a realistic blowout and not to much... where normally a "blowout" is like a 63-21 type game.

The run game my still be a little OP for both teams but it's not bad enough to kill the game and again it feels the most realistic its gonna get.

Also the INT at 50 is amazing....defenders actually going up for swats and picking off jump balls... it just creates amazing mid air battles.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-16-2019, 03:05 PM   #66
MVP

mm boost's Arena

OVR: 12

I was in some other threads on here last year discussing this, ( I believe I was one of the people to suggest the coaching trees to be cleared to even the game out), but anyways after finding out about the fatigue issue, one thing I have been doing for my last 3 seasons is resetting fatigue at the start of each quarter.

So after the first quarter, I will change it for one play, and then switch it right back. Same for 2nd, 3rd, and 4th quarters.

What this has done has made the CPU fight through to the final whistle to try and win games.

To set the stage...I am Virginia Tech, and we won 8 consecutive national championships. For me, it got to the point that the question wasn't IF I was going to make the big game, but a matter of who my opponent would be.

However, after finding the fatigue issue, and now resetting at the start of each quarter, I have had some awesome results. My first season, I lost 4 games (i never lost more than 1 game in any season, and matter of fact, I had 5 straight seasons without a single loss before this) and then made it to a bowl game against Alabama where I lost on a fumbled onsides kick that they returned for a touchdown. The following year, I had 2 losses (one of those games was a 4 overtime game that I won due to a fumble), but snuck into the national championship and won a very close game.

This season that I am currently finishing up, I started on the road against 7th ranked Penn State (we were ranked #2), and after falling behind by 4 touchdowns, come storming back, but it wasn't enough as they pulled back ahead and beat me by 3. That would be my only loss of the season, as we ran the table. However, it took 3 games that were decided by a single score, and one of those where I had to kick a field goal as time expired to win.

I make it to the ACC Championship game, and with a win, I believe I am setup for a re-match with Penn State (they went 12-0 and won the Big 10). However, Ohio State slid in front of us, and I am playing #4 Texas in the Orange Bowl.

The fatigue reset has completely changed the game for me, and makes me have to stay on my toes at all times. If I get caught being lazy throwing the ball, i WILL throw an interception and you can always feel the momentum of the game change completely. If I run with a fatigued back and get hit right, I will fumble and they will take advantage. This simply allows the CPU to stay aggressive at all times.

Old 01-16-2019, 04:36 PM   #67
Rookie

UravenzownU's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by mm boost
I was in some other threads on here last year discussing this, ( I believe I was one of the people to suggest the coaching trees to be cleared to even the game out), but anyways after finding out about the fatigue issue, one thing I have been doing for my last 3 seasons is resetting fatigue at the start of each quarter.

So after the first quarter, I will change it for one play, and then switch it right back. Same for 2nd, 3rd, and 4th quarters.

I'm just becoming aware of this so to be exact. You have fatigue on then switch it off for the first play of each quarter then put it back on? And by just doing that it gets rid of the comeback engine?
Old 01-16-2019, 08:28 PM   #68
Pro

OVR: 0

Quote:

What this has done has made the CPU fight through to the final whistle to try and win games.

To set the stage...I am Virginia Tech, and we won 8 consecutive national championships. For me, it got to the point that the question wasn't IF I was going to make the big game, but a matter of who my opponent would be.

However, after finding the fatigue issue, and now resetting at the start of each quarter, I have had some awesome results. My first season, I lost 4 games (i never lost more than 1 game in any season, and matter of fact, I had 5 straight seasons without a single loss before this) and then made it to a bowl game against Alabama where I lost on a fumbled onsides kick that they returned for a touchdown. The following year, I had 2 losses (one of those games was a 4 overtime game that I won due to a fumble), but snuck into the national championship and won a very close game.

This season that I am currently finishing up, I started on the road against 7th ranked Penn State (we were ranked #2), and after falling behind by 4 touchdowns, come storming back, but it wasn't enough as they pulled back ahead and beat me by 3. That would be my only loss of the season, as we ran the table. However, it took 3 games that were decided by a single score, and one of those where I had to kick a field goal as time expired to win.

I make it to the ACC Championship game, and with a win, I believe I am setup for a re-match with Penn State (they went 12-0 and won the Big 10). However, Ohio State slid in front of us, and I am playing #4 Texas in the Orange Bowl.

The fatigue reset has completely changed the game for me, and makes me have to stay on my toes at all times. If I get caught being lazy throwing the ball, i WILL throw an interception and you can always feel the momentum of the game change completely. If I run with a fatigued back and get hit right, I will fumble and they will take advantage. This simply allows the CPU to stay aggressive at all times.
Really great info, as 3 seasons is a solid amount of data/evidence.

Since the goal for many seems to be relying on fatigue for substitutions rather than formation subs, what auto subs are you using and what types of results are you seeing in that area?

In fact, if you don't mind, give us all of your sliders/settings and I will give you, and everyone else, a link to your settings in the OP.
Old 01-17-2019, 05:49 PM   #69
MVP

mm boost's Arena

Yes, so to start the game...fatigue on. At the end of the first quarter, I turn it off for one play. Run the play. And then turn it right back on. Do the same after half time, and after 3rd quarter. This keeps fatigue...allows plays to sub, but it resets the CPU's fatigue, and allows them to fight to the final whistle rather than getting burned out in the second half allowing you to always come back.

In that season I lost 4 games, I lost one of those games by 4 touchdowns.

I will respond back with my settings next time I turn the game on.

Old 01-20-2019, 03:35 AM   #70
MVP

Mjphillips's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Yes, so to start the game...fatigue on. At the end of the first quarter, I turn it off for one play. Run the play. And then turn it right back on. Do the same after half time, and after 3rd quarter. This keeps fatigue...allows plays to sub, but it resets the CPU's fatigue, and allows them to fight to the final whistle rather than getting burned out in the second half allowing you to always come back.

In that season I lost 4 games, I lost one of those games by 4 touchdowns.

I will respond back with my settings next time I turn the game on.
And you are seeing your team fatigue in the playcall screen where they start changing from Green to Red? I'm doing what you said and I'm not seeing that. Feels like once I turned fatigue off, it stayed off. Holla back.

Nvm. I'm seeing it now. It's no wqtr as se near the first qtr as far as how much fatigue affects my players. I was seeing guys in the red and the cpu even subbed their rb. After that they never fatigued like that again after doing the fatigue on/off. I was thinking of maybe doing it at halftime and letting the game play out after that? If the cpu loses that fight I'll know that I have to do it after the 3rd qtr as well.

Sent from Texas using Tapatalk

Last edited by Mjphillips; 01-20-2019 at 06:35 AM.
Old 01-21-2019, 05:29 PM   #71
Rookie

BlackRain37's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mjphillips
And you are seeing your team fatigue in the playcall screen where they start changing from Green to Red? I'm doing what you said and I'm not seeing that. Feels like once I turned fatigue off, it stayed off. Holla back.

Nvm. I'm seeing it now. It's no wqtr as se near the first qtr as far as how much fatigue affects my players. I was seeing guys in the red and the cpu even subbed their rb. After that they never fatigued like that again after doing the fatigue on/off. I was thinking of maybe doing it at halftime and letting the game play out after that? If the cpu loses that fight I'll know that I have to do it after the 3rd qtr as well.

Sent from Texas using Tapatalk

Personally, I reset mine once at halftime. The CPU gets its "recharge" and fights good through the second half putting up points, still runs the ball, and you still see fatigue set in. To me, its the most life-like as opposed to resetting it every quarter. Halftime is essentially when players get their most rest in real life, anyways. Just my two cents.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-22-2019, 03:31 PM   #72
MVP

mm boost's Arena

I did it for competitive reasons because it always seemed like the CPU would fall off before half time. You can do it either way, but this is the way that I do it. I do some manual subbing at certain positions to help with realism.

I am attaching all of the settings that I have, and I will be showing you the results I had from my final bowl game against #4 Texas. We were both 1-loss teams.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2.jpg (240.2 KB, 233 views)
File Type: jpg 3.jpg (241.2 KB, 234 views)
File Type: jpg 4.jpg (236.1 KB, 234 views)
File Type: jpg 6.jpg (242.3 KB, 225 views)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »