Home

What impacts simulation results?

This is a discussion on What impacts simulation results? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-14-2019, 11:26 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 3
What impacts simulation results?

Was wondering if anyone here has some insight on what determines simulation results. I'm doing a dynasty with a friend of mine, and we're simming through most of the games while playing each other every year and a couple of CPU games.

Is there a secret sauce to what largely determines who wins in simulations? Is it mostly the overall rating of the team? The awareness of the QBs? How does playbook/offensive philosophy/aggression factor in?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-14-2019, 02:26 PM   #2
Pro

jkits's Arena

Re: What impacts simulation results?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucknut7
Was wondering if anyone here has some insight on what determines simulation results. I'm doing a dynasty with a friend of mine, and we're simming through most of the games while playing each other every year and a couple of CPU games.

Is there a secret sauce to what largely determines who wins in simulations? Is it mostly the overall rating of the team? The awareness of the QBs? How does playbook/offensive philosophy/aggression factor in?
Great question..Ill try my best to answer this w/o being longwinded..

I learned this from extensive work on my slider set, which is about 2-3 years of tweaking and gaming (not to mention the critiques of others helped also). *Note, all of these things go in conjunction with each other.

1.) Player's skill level: When the game is easy, SIM can look almost non-existent. If you're a casual player or not as skilled for Heisman mode or my sliders, it can feel a bit daunting in the game of football. But having the right challenge against the CPU and/or HUM v HUM, is a factor in what you see play out during a game.

2.) Minutes per Quarter: With the right difficulty, the right minutes per game helps carry out the swing of momentum, as well as seeing SIM numbers. Too low, you may to see sim stats & vice versa.

3.) Slider Set: This of course is the foundation of seeing SIM. Before stats and skill level, football has to play like Football.

4.) Cheese Plays & Play Calling: Getting rid of cheese is vital to having a good SIM experience as well. I wish we got a patch yrs ago for the CPU cheese plays, but at least you can regulate that for yourself.

Thats all i got lol
Old 01-14-2019, 03:21 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkits
Great question..Ill try my best to answer this w/o being longwinded..

I learned this from extensive work on my slider set, which is about 2-3 years of tweaking and gaming (not to mention the critiques of others helped also). *Note, all of these things go in conjunction with each other.

1.) Player's skill level: When the game is easy, SIM can look almost non-existent. If you're a casual player or not as skilled for Heisman mode or my sliders, it can feel a bit daunting in the game of football. But having the right challenge against the CPU and/or HUM v HUM, is a factor in what you see play out during a game.

2.) Minutes per Quarter: With the right difficulty, the right minutes per game helps carry out the swing of momentum, as well as seeing SIM numbers. Too low, you may to see sim stats & vice versa.

3.) Slider Set: This of course is the foundation of seeing SIM. Before stats and skill level, football has to play like Football.

4.) Cheese Plays & Play Calling: Getting rid of cheese is vital to having a good SIM experience as well. I wish we got a patch yrs ago for the CPU cheese plays, but at least you can regulate that for yourself.

Thats all i got lol
I think you completely misread his question. He's asking what drives results in *simulated games*. I.E. games with no human players, simulated in the background by the game's sim engine.
Old 01-14-2019, 03:57 PM   #4
Rookie

bryan_nelson88's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt2053
I think you completely misread his question. He's asking what drives results in *simulated games*. I.E. games with no human players, simulated in the background by the game's sim engine.
QB play. Unlike madden, the majority of the time the better team will win on NCAA 14, however, there will be a random game or two that you will lose and say "WTF" to yourself. I'll use my example from last night. My friend and I play 3 games per season and sim the rest.

I'm TCU and we're #3 in the country. Two weeks from now we are scheduled to play #9 Texas. In between the game though I play 1-3 K-State in a trap game. I simmed it and lost 31-28. Most of the time it's just random, but I've noticed that most games I'll win when simming if I have the better QB.
Old 01-14-2019, 04:20 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan_nelson88
QB play. Unlike madden, the majority of the time the better team will win on NCAA 14, however, there will be a random game or two that you will lose and say "WTF" to yourself. I'll use my example from last night. My friend and I play 3 games per season and sim the rest.

I'm TCU and we're #3 in the country. Two weeks from now we are scheduled to play #9 Texas. In between the game though I play 1-3 K-State in a trap game. I simmed it and lost 31-28. Most of the time it's just random, but I've noticed that most games I'll win when simming if I have the better QB.
Depends on the team scheme too. I once put a QBs awareness and throw accuracy/power to near 0's, and that team still ended up winning a sim because they were run-based.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-14-2019, 04:38 PM   #6
Pro

Quote:

Interesting. My friend and I essentially have the same format.

I'm trying to build a very run-heavy team. My QB has 92 speed right now and I have a stable of solid backs at OK State. So if I put my run slider to run the ball a lot, that should in theory benefit me during simulations?
Old 01-15-2019, 08:11 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:

I was going to post a similar observation. I have noticed that teams with players who fit their scheme better will not win a simulation as often as they should UNLESS they are the higher rated team or have the highest rated QB.

When I'm doing a dynasty with 8 or more playoff teams, I'll simulate the game in the game engine (I'll watch a football or hockey game on TV while the game is running) rather than accepting the results of the sim engine because I want the playoffs to contain the teams that are the toughest to play against.
Old 01-15-2019, 09:06 AM   #8
Pro

jkits's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt2053
Ahh i see, was too quick on the draw lol

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »