Home

Share your most memorable Dynasties!

This is a discussion on Share your most memorable Dynasties! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-11-2019, 09:39 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 0
Share your most memorable Dynasties!

Well, we are in the offseason now, and if you are anything like me you are already missing college football.

I thought it might be fun to look back at some of the most memorable dynasties we've had as a way to look forward to next season. I have 3 that come to mine.

Ohio State - NCAA 2010:
This is my favorite dynasty that I've ever done. I had been out of gaming altogether for a few years, but decided to get back into gaming and got an Xbox 360 and picked up NCAA '10. I normally pick 2 star prestige teams and build them up, but at this time in my life I was in grad school living in DC and feeling homesick. I ran my Dynasty as my hometown Buckeyes and loved every second of it.

A few storylines developed over the life of the Dynasty that made it special. First and foremost, this is the longest Dynasty I had ever done by myself and it went into the 6th season. I fired it back up recently and it brought back memories. Here are some highlights:

Record to date: 69-3 with 2 national championships. 2 of the three losses were in national title games. The third loss, I still remember. I was playing Wisconsin on the road and they just destroyed me at the line of scrimmage for the first 2.5 quarters of the game. I was down something like 28-7 and ended up losing 31-21, but it was never close.

I have a RB named Chad Jones who is a senior this year and is close to becoming the second leading rusher in Ohio State history. But he's only been a starter one year. He's been a backup to bigger recruits his entire career, but injuries have given him a ton of playing time that have led to the huge numbers. His junior year he started, but ended up losing the starting job going into his senior season to a big time recruit that was just flat out better and more explosive. Well, that recruit is now out for the year and Chad is back as the starter for the second half of the season. He's been Mr. Reliable for his entire career.

I have had two QB's on the roster who are both Senior's and rated in the 90's. One of them was the starter on a national championship winning team, but has consistently thrown INT's. His backup won the starting job this year after being a backup for two years. He's now the front runner for the Heisman while the former starter is riding the pine. I checked the numbers....the former starter had thrown 32 INT's over two seasons as a starter. His former backup (now starter) is 17TD/4 INT in this senior season. In my head canon for this dynasty, this is just the case of both guys being incredibly talented, but one guy having the "It" factor and finally getting his shot and making the most of it.

I may go back to this Dynasty and implement some house rules around recruiting and turn up the difficulty and mess with some sliders. It's clearly been easy based on my record, but there's already some history built here that I think would be fun to expand on.

Vanderbilt - NCAA 2007
I don't remember how many years I ran this Dynasty. Maybe five years? But I turned Vandy into a power and eventually won a national championship with them. I remember early in this dynasty I had a two headed running attack and ran a lot of plays out of the I formation and Ace sets. My RB's were each 1,000 yard rushers with decent pass catching ability out of the backfield. I've always loved the Vanderbilt uniforms and at the time I was on the verge of going to Vandy for grad school. I ultimately didn't (although I wish I had), but I think the combination of all those things made this one memorable for me. I am considering doing another Vandy dynasty in NCAA '13 or '14 and using the editor to make them worse only to build them back up again.

Wake Forest - NCAA 2003
Actually this is probably my longest tenured dynasty now that I think about. Maybe 7 or 8 years? This is the dynasty that got me into this game. I started playing this with my college roommate. We simmed close to half the games, and would go through entire seasons in one night and recruit, which was our favorite part of the game.

But building up Wake Forest was so much fun. I think it was year 4 of this dynasty, I had a QB named Oliver Moulds. He was basically like a Tim Tebow or JT Barrett of today. But since the game was different back then there was no read option so he was a scrambling QB. Going into this season, Moulds was a junior, all the talent on the team had matured and we were ranked #2 to start the year. Our first game of the season we lost something like 28-17 and both myself and my roommate were shocked! We shrugged it off and just assumed we'd win out and claw our way back into the national title picture. Then we lost our second game of the year. We finished the year 11-2 and were ranked something like #4 or 5 in the polls, but that year just felt like a lost year that was missed out on because of those two shocking losses to open the season.

What about you? What are some of those dynasties that are memorable to you? I would say don't exclude dynasty reporting you've done here, but if there's anything outside of those dynasties that have a special place in your heart, what are they? I love the stories that develop out of this series.

Last edited by mpklub; 02-11-2019 at 09:42 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-11-2019, 10:20 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: Share your most memorable Dynasties!

NBA 2k14, Xbox one, Pelicans MyGM, 99 OVR AD and 99 OVR SF Curtis bremer with a revolving door of 85+ supporting cast members, multiple NBA championships in a row.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 02-12-2019, 03:23 PM   #3
Pro

Robo COP's Arena

OVR: 3

My longest running and more memorable dynasties was with NCAA 14. Although I don't remember all the details, I started off as OC at Idaho and forced myself with some house rules to stay at programs for multiple years (otherwise I just end up jumping to the next best team year after year). I believe I was there for 4 years and then jumped to BYU. Honestly from there it is a bit hazy because I can't even recall playing with another team, but I feel like there was one more stop before I took the HC job at Ole Miss (I might have been HC at SDSU). That's where it stalled out, as for whatever reason I couldn't get myself into that team and ended up ending the dynasty. I tried to go back one time and restart from before I took the Ole Miss job (I would keep a save at the end of every season), but it just wasn't the same. No longer have any of those save files.

Probably my most memorable one of all was I believe with NCAA 08. My cousin was on workmans comp for an injury and I was an 18 year old bum with no job. I'd bring my console over to his place and we played a dynasty that we created a school (I actually had originally started it with my sisters bf but we never played it much so I continued it with my cousin.) It certainly wasn't realistic as we created a school called the Legion of Doom and put them in the PAC 10 and just made a bunch of stud freshmen.

While we had a stud QB and whatnot I always liked the defensive side of the ball so my personal guy was a SS and he was controlling a DT. Fast forward to year 4 and we always ended up dropping a game or 2 and not making the national championship. I even remember 1 year (think it was our players junior years) where we lost on the final play of the game in the final regular season game because of an 80 yard TD run by the CPU (it was utterly ridiculous and it being the final play of the game I have no idea what defense we were in to allow it. I just know the QB scrambled right and ended up going 80 yards for a TD down the right sideline). In our final year we didn't have a good MLB (we just kind of left recruiting up to the CPU at that time) so we ended up moving my SS to MLB. Fast forward to about 2 or 3 games left in the season and we check the heisman race and my guy is at the top of the list! From there we ended up subbing him in on offense to get him TDs and he ended up winning the heisman. I kind of wish we would have just left it up to his defensive output to see if he could have won it without the offensive TDs.

Again, I can't honestly remember, but I don't think we went to the national championship that time either. We then tried to bring our guys into madden to continue their careers there, but I remember it being a pain to draft both guys, and I think his guy didn't come out graded well at all and we ended up dropping it.

Was an absolute blast though. Wish I could do it again
Old 02-12-2019, 08:20 PM   #4
Pro

I built Georgia State in to a contender over an 8-9 year period. Won two straight championships and got bored. Then I created a teambuilder dynasty. Made my first bowl game in year 5
Old 02-22-2019, 07:44 PM   #5
Rookie

VTWiseGuy's Arena

65-0 ON NCAA 99 WITH USL. FIRST ON NCAA HISTORY TO MAKE A FLEA FLICKER ON NCAA PLAY EDITOR.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »