Home

PS2 NCAA with supersim and good recruiting?

This is a discussion on PS2 NCAA with supersim and good recruiting? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-23-2019, 02:41 PM   #17
Pro

volwalker's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: PS2 NCAA with supersim and good recruiting?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rom3
NCAA 09 Football for the PS2 was the best version in my opinion. It has all the newer features added to the series (not available in NCAA 06, 07, 08) minus the uniform glitches with NCAA 11 and the extreme amount of penalties that existed in both NCAA 10 and 11. I tried both NCAA 10 and 11 and found that no matter what settings or sliders you used the amount of holding penalties along all the others types of penalties were very frustrating and killed the game. Anytime the QB scrambles outside the pocket there will be a holding penalty called. The only fix was to disable penalties using Easy Play which was not an acceptable solution. EA added no improvements with NCAA 10 and 11 other than a different looking interface and game menu.
Forgot to comment on this but thanks for the other info on 09-11. You may not know me but I'm Al from NCAA 06 Revival (Blog & Channel). I'm thinking about expanding my "brand" by going back and playing the other games and every little tidbit of info about the other games helps so thanks for that.
Old 08-23-2019, 03:07 PM   #18
Pro

volwalker's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by happyloaf
For the ISO, you are on your own. I did download mine (as my old PS2 died) but I still have the disc (only sports game to survive my PS2 culling). The emulator is easy to setup. I finally game up on trying to find the "best" after trying various editions and just went back to 06, the game I loved back in the day. It is still great but the long ball is WAY to easy on default sliders. Time to find a new set.
Nice choice on 06. I have the emulator as well with an 06 bios but you create that yourself by uploading it from the disc itself. It has been a few years since I've done this though so don't ask me on the steps to do this as I have forgotten already. The only reason I don't use the emulator is because my PC can't handle it and I don't want to spend several hundred dollars to do so. Although, my YouTube channel would benefit greatly if I did.
Old 09-08-2019, 09:08 AM   #19
Brake less...Go Faster!

Sundown2600's Arena

OVR: 13

After extensive testing of every PS2 game except 2002 and 08 I can say without a doubt 09 is the best, most balanced one of them all from a gameplay and feature standpoint once its main weakness is dealt with through slider tweaks.

07-11 jump the snap and break block ability in general is OP. Break block slider MUST be set to 0 no matter the skill level. You will then balance this out with the pass/run block slider according to your skill level.

Some great points about 09.

1)More animations compared to 06 and under, maybe even more than 07 need to test more.

2)Penalty sliders that actually work! Crank up PI slider to 99 and it gets called big time. Off and Def will get called regularly especially if you play more than 5 min quarters. This is what I don't like about 06. PI is rarely called.

3)Playbooks, Playbooks Playbooks! I love 2003-06. Great games, but once I played 09-11 I could not go back. The plays are very similar to what we have in modern college football. Run/pass options out of the spread. Lots of pre snap motion plays that work well, end arounds, very nice PA pass plays. You can run the ball out of the spread gun, or traditional pro style and option formations, unlike the later gen games bar 14 where the read option was very OP, but it worked closer to real life than any other game. In the PS2 version there is not much time to read the end or LB so its more of a guessing game, but it does work. Playbooks are very specialized for each team, unlike the earlier games. 07 was the year playbooks took a big jump and the 09-11 versions followed suit. Besides gameplay and the animations this is the biggest reason why 09 is better than the pre 07 releases gameplay wise. You just have so many more options strategically.

4) 09 does not have the graphical glitches and totally broken recruiting that 10 and 11 suffers from, plus the gameplay is virtually identical.

5) Your impact players play like stars, but not like the glitchy, arcade like way they did in 06. Part of the reason why 06 is the best HUM vs HUM game from this gen, but vs the CPU it is less enjoyable than 09-11 because of this IMO.

6) Offense and Defense is extremely balanced in 09-11. You can have a shootout one game and have a defensive struggle the next. In 2005 the game was very defensive. 06 was very offensive and arcade like. 09-11 give better balance especially since they toned down the momentum meter in these years.

7) QBs play to their tendencies better than the pre 07 games. In those games scramblers and balanced QBs did not scramble out of the pocket as much as they do in 09, especially with slider tweaks. They will take off and gain lots of yards in the process.

8) QB avoidance stick is an absolutely AWESOME feature especially if your Tackle slider is set a few clicks lower than your RBA slider. It adds a whole new game within a game. Not as useful if tackle slider is set high or even with RBA.

I could list at east 5 more, but I would say try 09 as it is the most balanced game with no weaknesses, except the one that 07-11 each has, but that weakness can be easily fixed with sliders.

Last edited by Sundown2600; 09-08-2019 at 09:12 AM.
Old 09-11-2019, 07:21 AM   #20
Rookie

nflman2033's Arena

OVR: 1

Wow, I never played 09 for ps2, was on ps3 by then. 07 was last I played on ps2, jump snap was too OP. I know impact players on 06 was OP, but i enjoy that, both for me and the CPU.

I really would like to try 09, but only copy i can find is 40 bucks on Ebay, ouch. Guess I am sticking with 06 for now.
Old 09-11-2019, 08:58 AM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 0

Oh dang, good sell. I totally want to try this game now, ahah.

Anybody remember how Madden 09 is on PS2? Is it even close to 07 or 08 Madden (GOAT Maddens)? I am very intrigued by this, haha. Sounds great.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-11-2019, 09:43 AM   #22
Pro

volwalker's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundown2600
After extensive testing of every PS2 game except 2002 and 08 I can say without a doubt 09 is the best, most balanced one of them all from a gameplay and feature standpoint once its main weakness is dealt with through slider tweaks.

07-11 jump the snap and break block ability in general is OP. Break block slider MUST be set to 0 no matter the skill level. You will then balance this out with the pass/run block slider according to your skill level.

Some great points about 09.

1)More animations compared to 06 and under, maybe even more than 07 need to test more.

2)Penalty sliders that actually work! Crank up PI slider to 99 and it gets called big time. Off and Def will get called regularly especially if you play more than 5 min quarters. This is what I don't like about 06. PI is rarely called.

3)Playbooks, Playbooks Playbooks! I love 2003-06. Great games, but once I played 09-11 I could not go back. The plays are very similar to what we have in modern college football. Run/pass options out of the spread. Lots of pre snap motion plays that work well, end arounds, very nice PA pass plays. You can run the ball out of the spread gun, or traditional pro style and option formations, unlike the later gen games bar 14 where the read option was very OP, but it worked closer to real life than any other game. In the PS2 version there is not much time to read the end or LB so its more of a guessing game, but it does work. Playbooks are very specialized for each team, unlike the earlier games. 07 was the year playbooks took a big jump and the 09-11 versions followed suit. Besides gameplay and the animations this is the biggest reason why 09 is better than the pre 07 releases gameplay wise. You just have so many more options strategically.

4) 09 does not have the graphical glitches and totally broken recruiting that 10 and 11 suffers from, plus the gameplay is virtually identical.

5) Your impact players play like stars, but not like the glitchy, arcade like way they did in 06. Part of the reason why 06 is the best HUM vs HUM game from this gen, but vs the CPU it is less enjoyable than 09-11 because of this IMO.

6) Offense and Defense is extremely balanced in 09-11. You can have a shootout one game and have a defensive struggle the next. In 2005 the game was very defensive. 06 was very offensive and arcade like. 09-11 give better balance especially since they toned down the momentum meter in these years.

7) QBs play to their tendencies better than the pre 07 games. In those games scramblers and balanced QBs did not scramble out of the pocket as much as they do in 09, especially with slider tweaks. They will take off and gain lots of yards in the process.

8) QB avoidance stick is an absolutely AWESOME feature especially if your Tackle slider is set a few clicks lower than your RBA slider. It adds a whole new game within a game. Not as useful if tackle slider is set high or even with RBA.

I could list at east 5 more, but I would say try 09 as it is the most balanced game with no weaknesses, except the one that 07-11 each has, but that weakness can be easily fixed with sliders.
I set those sliders to 0 to negate Jump the Snap and it did help a lot. Playbooks is where my heart is at and it is refreshing to see new concepts in the later games.

I actually bought a brand new copy of 09 a month ago. While I'm still heavily involved with 06, playing around with 09, especially the playbooks, has been fun so far.
Old 09-12-2019, 09:30 AM   #23
Brake less...Go Faster!

Sundown2600's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by volwalker
I set those sliders to 0 to negate Jump the Snap and it did help a lot. Playbooks is where my heart is at and it is refreshing to see new concepts in the later games.

I actually bought a brand new copy of 09 a month ago. While I'm still heavily involved with 06, playing around with 09, especially the playbooks, has been fun so far.
Coach Al I'm the guy that helped you with the emulator not sure if you know. All the PS2 games where amazing in their own way they should all be recommended and showcased. I really like what you started years ago slowly but surely interest in the PS2 games is coming back. I'm gonna start posted vids of '09 on YouTube and probably do a PS2 NCAA football video tutorial for the PCSX2 emulator
Old 09-12-2019, 09:34 AM   #24
Brake less...Go Faster!

Sundown2600's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by nflman2033
Wow, I never played 09 for ps2, was on ps3 by then. 07 was last I played on ps2, jump snap was too OP. I know impact players on 06 was OP, but i enjoy that, both for me and the CPU.

I really would like to try 09, but only copy i can find is 40 bucks on Ebay, ouch. Guess I am sticking with 06 for now.
That's strange I've seen them much cheaper in quick searches in Google. Maybe take a day when you are off from work and check some pawn shops. Might be a wild goose chase or you might get lucky.

Last edited by Sundown2600; 09-12-2019 at 09:37 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »