Home

Idaho in Dynasty

This is a discussion on Idaho in Dynasty within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-20-2019, 10:39 PM   #1
Pro

parent22's Arena

OVR: 0
Idaho in Dynasty

The time is here for me again to start another dynasty. I have not decided who it will be with yet, but first there is the question about Idaho in dynasty. What do you guys do about it? I am actually considering choosing Idaho and going death penalty with half games vs fcs opponents.

On a side note when is the best time to edit schedule? Thanks!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2019, 10:57 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Idaho in Dynasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by parent22
The time is here for me again to start another dynasty. I have not decided who it will be with yet, but first there is the question about Idaho in dynasty. What do you guys do about it? I am actually considering choosing Idaho and going death penalty with half games vs fcs opponents.

On a side note when is the best time to edit schedule? Thanks!
I can't recall the last time I didn't substitute a teambuilder in their place. Currently North Dakota State occupies their spot in my dynasty.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 08-20-2019, 11:06 PM   #3
Pro

parent22's Arena

I think that I'm going to use Idaho in my dynasty. I am thinking doing 6 fcs teams 6 fbs teams on the schedule. Now I think that I know how to to that, but if I simply edit out the opponent, then would they lose a game on the season? How would I fix that? I'm just hyped for my next dynasty. Thanks!

Edit:
I think I would just put that team vs a team that plays fcs that week.

Last edited by parent22; 08-20-2019 at 11:13 PM. Reason: Update
Old 08-21-2019, 04:41 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
I think that I'm going to use Idaho in my dynasty. I am thinking doing 6 fcs teams 6 fbs teams on the schedule. Now I think that I know how to to that, but if I simply edit out the opponent, then would they lose a game on the season? How would I fix that? I'm just hyped for my next dynasty. Thanks!

Edit:
I think I would just put that team vs a team that plays fcs that week.
I'm not completely sure what you are asking. I think it's about rearranging your schedule, correct?

1. I assume Idaho will be an independent so this will work.

2. You will only be able to schedule 5 FCS teams. There are only 5 in the game and you can't double up.

3. If you change a game week to "open," you will only have 11 games scheduled, but you are open to put in a new game during any other week to get to 12.

4. The team you change to "open" I believe will have an open slot as a result and only have 11 games. If you edit that game to an FCS, I think their schedule gets populated with an FCS team in that slot, but I'm not entirely sure.

Hope this helped!

Old 08-22-2019, 02:43 PM   #5
Pro

parent22's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZN30
I'm not completely sure what you are asking. I think it's about rearranging your schedule, correct?

1. I assume Idaho will be an independent so this will work.

2. You will only be able to schedule 5 FCS teams. There are only 5 in the game and you can't double up.

3. If you change a game week to "open," you will only have 11 games scheduled, but you are open to put in a new game during any other week to get to 12.

4. The team you change to "open" I believe will have an open slot as a result and only have 11 games. If you edit that game to an FCS, I think their schedule gets populated with an FCS team in that slot, but I'm not entirely sure.

Hope this helped!

I went in the editor and changed the schedule manually. Will it be a problem because I doubled up in the editor? If so I will change it. Also, can you rename FCS? Thanks so much.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2019, 03:43 PM   #6
Rookie

TomahawkNation's Arena

Quote:
I went in the editor and changed the schedule manually. Will it be a problem because I doubled up in the editor? If so I will change it. Also, can you rename FCS? Thanks so much.
Not sure about the first question, but I do know you can change the names of FCS schools as I've implemented this in my dynasty
Old 08-22-2019, 03:54 PM   #7
Pro

parent22's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomahawkNation
Not sure about the first question, but I do know you can change the names of FCS schools as I've implemented this in my dynasty
Theoretically, could you put them in a conference therefore allowing for 131 teams? I know that you can’t edit players on FCS but it would still be cool.
Old 08-30-2019, 03:43 PM   #8
MVP

SilverBullet19's Arena

Quote:
Theoretically, could you put them in a conference therefore allowing for 131 teams? I know that you can’t edit players on FCS but it would still be cool.
The total number of teams is a hard limit. You can't put in FCS schools without removing another school, just like with teambuilder teams. If you did manage to add teams to more than the 129 (or however many are in the game), it will likely cause errors in the dynasty because it would screw up scheduling

Major Boise State fan

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »