Home

[PS2] NCAA 11 - Constantly getting probation, nothing I can do to stop it!

This is a discussion on [PS2] NCAA 11 - Constantly getting probation, nothing I can do to stop it! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-21-2019, 05:07 AM   #17
Brake less...Go Faster!

Sundown2600's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: [PS2] NCAA 11 - Constantly getting probation, nothing I can do to stop it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tril
for minor infractions, suspend a player for 1 quarter, not an entire game or two. some infractions, Id even skip suspending them. I believe that some of the penalties are worded differently, like accused and caught cheating are 2 different things.
also pay attention to who you are recruiting. some players are more than likely to incur infractions, I believe.
This is the key. You have to pick and choose which players you lay the hammer down on and I usually do this based on what the infraction is. Yeah and sometimes you have to let a kid slide.

Also as mentioned. When you are recruiting you must be mindful of the discipline grade of each recruit. Sign a bunch of F's and your team will be at late 80s Miami Hurricanes level discipline. I usually sign one, maybe two F guys per class if the measurables add up on the field. I pass up on most bad kids just as you should pass up on dumb kids.

The discipline is not bad if managed correctly what's broken in NCAA 10/11 is the way recruits are rated. That's why I play 09, but it's true the earlier games 06 and before definitely took less management in this area.
Old 09-21-2019, 11:47 AM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundown2600
This is the key. You have to pick and choose which players you lay the hammer down on and I usually do this based on what the infraction is. Yeah and sometimes you have to let a kid slide.

Also as mentioned. When you are recruiting you must be mindful of the discipline grade of each recruit. Sign a bunch of F's and your team will be at late 80s Miami Hurricanes level discipline. I usually sign one, maybe two F guys per class if the measurables add up on the field. I pass up on most bad kids just as you should pass up on dumb kids.

The discipline is not bad if managed correctly what's broken in NCAA 10/11 is the way recruits are rated. That's why I play 09, but it's true the earlier games 06 and before definitely took less management in this area.
I see, yeah the discipine rating on my team isn't great for a lot of guys. Issue is you can only generally see the rating once you've chosen them as your 10-15 in-season recruits.. and you've got a limited selection based on that, so unless you have a few at each position of need, you can't always go with the most disciplined recruit.

I think I'm gonna try out '06 and '09 and see how it is too.

Thanks for your info.
Old 09-21-2019, 11:50 AM   #19
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by volwalker
NCAA 05-11 have roughly the same recruiting system. What part about recruiting don't you like about the ps2 games? They're recruiting is different than the ps3 games.
I was hoping 11 would have the most indepth recruiting because 11 on the PS3 it seems it began to get really good at the point in the series.

Also I've been getting this possible glitch on '11 where I can't reply to a players promise request too, it'll be sitting there for weeks and only sometimes does it eventually give me the choice to answer their request(I thought they had to be visiting to answer but even then I can't answer sometimes).

Not sure if its a glitch or what I have to do so that I can give an answer to their request and sometimes I miss out on recruits because I can't say yes to their request to become a starter despite me willing to make them a starter..
Old 10-28-2019, 12:15 PM   #20
Just started!

While there isn't a way to turn off this feature whish is quite irritating indeed. There is a work around the issue. When you are in the off season and scout prospects, look at their discipline attribute, it will fery from Exellent to terrible or Poor. Always recruit scouted prospects with above average or higher discipline. Then when you get to the cut players part of the off season, cut the players with lower than average discipline. This may take one or two seasons to take full effect. but once the main trouble makers on the team are gone, you will be left with a well disciplined team which will cause less infractions.

To get the NCAA off your back, set your dicipline to 80% and Recruiting to 20%. Then when you get to the season, every time there is an infraction minor or major, suspend them for the season (Unless they are your starter players of course), Your goal is to get that NCAA Inrests bar down to 0, or at least 1/4. over the course of a season this method should get you free of problems...then in the next off season you may allocate fewer points to discipline.

In 2-3 seasons you will have little to no problems with infractions, as long as you don't recruit alot of prospects with bad disipline. If one of your players do happen to get a infraction, always always penalize more than what is pre selected by the game. You're goal is to keep the interest bar empty. This is the method i've used for years and it does work. Would be much better if there was an option to turn it off. lol
Old 11-06-2019, 11:28 PM   #21
Pro

esayem's Arena

OVR: 3

I’ve definitely suspended a third stringer a little harshly to get the NCAA off my back for a season.

He was late for class, you say? Sorry, son. That’s gonna be an 8 game suspension.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »