Home

NCAA Football 14 PS3 Disc Error Detected Retrying Operation

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 14 PS3 Disc Error Detected Retrying Operation within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-01-2019, 08:46 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
NCAA Football 14 PS3 Disc Error Detected Retrying Operation

So I'm getting this message when I try to go in and play an actual game. "Disc Error Detected Retrying Operation". Everything else seems to work fine. The system doesn't freeze, I can still press the PS button and quit out of the game. The only change I've made is I did upgrade the old 80GB Toshiba HD to a new Kingston 240GB SSD. Every other game I have on the system works flawlessly except for the ONE game I really want to work.

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated or a post to a link if this problem has already been solved.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-02-2019, 09:56 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: NCAA Football 14 PS3 Disc Error Detected Retrying Operation

Just started having this same exact issue
Old 10-06-2019, 06:09 AM   #3
Just started!

I want to bump this because I've also been having the same issue. Any advice regarding this from anyone? I am not sure at all how to fix it aside from attempting to get a new copy of the game/a different PS3 (which I'd rather not do so any possible solution suggestions would be immensely helpful).
Old 10-06-2019, 10:33 AM   #4
Rookie

So I reinstalled the original hard disk, tried a quick exhibition game (Miami v. Florida) and still couldn't get it to load. I pulled the disk, cleaned it with alcohol and tried again (this time Miami v. BC) and got it to load right away. I then reinstalled the ssd and I'm right back where I started. I'm not getting the disk error message anymore, but I'm getting the spinning circle at the loading screen and can't go any further. It isn't freezing, I can still press the PS button and quit out of the game. So frustrated!

Last edited by natenagy; 10-06-2019 at 10:37 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »