Home

Guys i need some suggestions.. Please help

This is a discussion on Guys i need some suggestions.. Please help within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-16-2004, 08:08 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 2
Guys i need some suggestions.. Please help

I love NCAA Football for Ea sports and i had it for the xbox but after playing madden and espn i traded it because the slow down afftect on running plays was just horrible. i know that since they added different things this year that the speed of the game suffers. Hillary Goldstein on IGN said that both ps2 and xbox suffer from the slow down due to the graphical backdrops they added with creat a sing and different thigns. he said that the cube version has no slow down and that cuz their graphics are not as define as the ps2 and xbox and thats why they got the speed down packed.

I was wondering if you guys think i should get the ps2 version of the game eventhough i will have to buy a ps2 since i only got xbox/ but i can get it for 80 bucks. so its not that bad. but i will also suffer from the fact that i love madden on xbox and i dont want to have to buy it for the ps2 so i can get my rookies in the game. i am so mad. cuz i love ncaa and i miss it. i was about to buy a used copy the other day but remembered the slow down and stopped myself from buying it. turning the camera shake and hfa of does not work for me,
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2004, 10:12 AM   #2
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34
Re: Guys i need some suggestions.. Please help

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBlueFootball
I love NCAA Football for Ea sports and i had it for the xbox but after playing madden and espn i traded it because the slow down afftect on running plays was just horrible. i know that since they added different things this year that the speed of the game suffers. Hillary Goldstein on IGN said that both ps2 and xbox suffer from the slow down due to the graphical backdrops they added with creat a sing and different thigns. he said that the cube version has no slow down and that cuz their graphics are not as define as the ps2 and xbox and thats why they got the speed down packed.

I was wondering if you guys think i should get the ps2 version of the game eventhough i will have to buy a ps2 since i only got xbox/ but i can get it for 80 bucks. so its not that bad. but i will also suffer from the fact that i love madden on xbox and i dont want to have to buy it for the ps2 so i can get my rookies in the game. i am so mad. cuz i love ncaa and i miss it. i was about to buy a used copy the other day but remembered the slow down and stopped myself from buying it. turning the camera shake and hfa of does not work for me,
Sim some NCAA seasons and save it for the XBOX Madden franchise. Buy the PS2 and NCAA2005. Its a great game. It took me a month to tweak the sliders, but now I have a great game. I really haven't seen any of the flaws people are complaining about...Dropped Passes, Slowdown, low Comp %. My game last night The SDSU completed 57% of his passes agianst me as the Wolverines, I went 15-25-268-3TD 60% with my QB....The game really plays well on the PS2.....Good Luck.
Old 09-16-2004, 11:07 AM   #3
Banned

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by fistofrage
Sim some NCAA seasons and save it for the XBOX Madden franchise. Buy the PS2 and NCAA2005. Its a great game. It took me a month to tweak the sliders, but now I have a great game. I really haven't seen any of the flaws people are complaining about...Dropped Passes, Slowdown, low Comp %. My game last night The SDSU completed 57% of his passes agianst me as the Wolverines, I went 15-25-268-3TD 60% with my QB....The game really plays well on the PS2.....Good Luck.

thats a good idea. cuz i need to have the rookies in the game when i start my season with my friends. but i dont have the xbox version anymore i mean i would have to buy it againg and then trade it in for the ps2 version i guess. but i was wondering if the ps2 version plays at the same speed as last years game.
Old 09-16-2004, 11:26 AM   #4
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

I think last years played a little faster, but the pace in 2005 is just fine. This year really feels sim like to me. I also have Madden and Madden plays a little faster, but there is no problem adjusting to the speed difference when I move back and forth between games....I just look at it like the pro game has more all around speed than college, which is true in real life.
Old 09-16-2004, 04:38 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

PS2 has no slowdown whatsoever even with HFA turned on. get it on PS2, that's where it's the best.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »