Home

Right Stick On Defensive Fornation Screen?

This is a discussion on Right Stick On Defensive Fornation Screen? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-16-2019, 05:24 PM   #9
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: Right Stick On Defensive Fornation Screen?

Depends on what the offense has called. I blitz some and sometimes I don’t. I am so lost on some of these things you all seem to know. are there any sort of unwritten rules you all follow? Like plays or things to do or not to do on 3rd down.

ALSO HELP ME OUT ON THESE FEW QUESTIONS RELATED TO DEFENSE
On the depth chart, are the WRs and CBs numbered in a certain order? Like someone said the #3 CB always covers the slot receiver.

During a game, can I find the slowest CB and switch my fastest WR against him? Will the CPU “see” this? If I can do it, how do I line up my players down the depth chart? Hope that makes sense.
How do you place your coverage DB’s and man DBs on the field? Like which formations.
Old 12-17-2019, 06:50 PM   #10
Pro

Just switched to some All American sliders. Help a brother out with the last post before this one.
Old 12-18-2019, 02:32 AM   #11
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Collegefbfan
Depends on what the offense has called. I blitz some and sometimes I don’t. I am so lost on some of these things you all seem to know. are there any sort of unwritten rules you all follow? Like plays or things to do or not to do on 3rd down.

ALSO HELP ME OUT ON THESE FEW QUESTIONS RELATED TO DEFENSE
On the depth chart, are the WRs and CBs numbered in a certain order? Like someone said the #3 CB always covers the slot receiver.

During a game, can I find the slowest CB and switch my fastest WR against him? Will the CPU “see” this? If I can do it, how do I line up my players down the depth chart? Hope that makes sense.
How do you place your coverage DB’s and man DBs on the field? Like which formations.
wr 3 is always slot and cb 3 is always the slot corner. editing the depth chart can work, but formation subs works better if you have something specific you want. in game you can look at your matchups presnap. there's a certain button you can press to see how a certain wr matches against a db. then you can hot route and motion them as you like. whether they follow you or realign is based on their defensive playcall. man or zone or whatever and whether they base align or not.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-18-2019, 06:56 PM   #12
Pro

Well, toxic that surely helps a bit more. Many thanks.
Old 12-19-2019, 02:11 AM   #13
Pro

Quote:
Well, toxic that surely helps a bit more. Many thanks.

Sure. Pregame, take a look at their cornerbacks. Their top two corners will cover the outside receivers and the third corner will cover the slot. If you want to put your fastest receiver on the slowest corner, you'll have to figure out who the slowest is and then adjust your depth chart or motion that receiver to that area. Some formations will have your outside receivers run jet sweeps and you may want your slot guy in that position because he's faster. That is why formation subs help.

If you want to cheese the system, you can audible to a different play and then audible back to the original play. That often makes the corner come up to press and one or two receivers will immediately beat the press and will be open. If the CPU is in cover 3 or cover 0, you'll probably score. If not, you may get tackled by a safety but you'll have probably gained a first down.
Old 12-19-2019, 08:20 PM   #14
Pro

I have asked this question many times. When blitzing with an LB or DE or I guess any player. Do you speed rush and use the sticks? I feel it makes sense to, but I also have had instances where I feel that the sticks and bumper button for speed rush might interfere with each other. Again, thanks for any defense tips on blitzing.
Old 12-20-2019, 01:40 AM   #15
Pro

Quote:
I have asked this question many times. When blitzing with an LB or DE or I guess any player. Do you speed rush and use the sticks? I feel it makes sense to, but I also have had instances where I feel that the sticks and bumper button for speed rush might interfere with each other. Again, thanks for any defense tips on blitzing.

I use the right stick once I've been engaged with a blocker. Before that I just treat it like an RB, trying to find the hole to the QB in a sense.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-20-2019, 03:26 PM   #16
Pro

Oh okay, so no speed rush on the trigger button.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »