Home

User Injuries

This is a discussion on User Injuries within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-03-2020, 01:40 PM   #1
Pro

MJDrocks's Arena

OVR: 0
User Injuries

I'm sure this has been addressed before but what's the best way to increase the amount of user injuries while actually playing? I know messing with fatigue can negatively affect the CPU, especially late in games but would going through each individual player and significantly reducing their injury rating work? Thanks.

Sent from my SM-J260T1 using Operation Sports mobile app
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-03-2020, 02:54 PM   #2
Pro

Re: User Injuries

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJDrocks
I'm sure this has been addressed before but what's the best way to increase the amount of user injuries while actually playing? I know messing with fatigue can negatively affect the CPU, especially late in games but would going through each individual player and significantly reducing their injury rating work? Thanks.

It definitely works. I play exclusively with Fatigue Off. There are various INJ rating adjustments floating around OS, but IMO, the best results are achieved by putting everyone's INJ rating at 0. The only position you might consider leaving a tad higher is QB, but, personally, I like having it at 0 as well, because it makes me run/call my offense like many do IRL, with trying to have my QB take as few hits as possible. If you run a QB run heavy offense, be prepared with a backup. Another added bonus: I get THE BEST RB rotation that I've ever had with this method. That's why it puzzles me that so many still try to play with fatigue on - auto subs just don't work, especially at RB, arguably the most important position for subs.
Old 01-03-2020, 07:41 PM   #3
Pro

I typically do the following- reduce QB injury rating by 25, RB/WR/TE by 30. OL I drop to 0.

Defense I drop 40 or 50 across the boards. I've only recently started doing this with a Dynasty where I am still an OC so I don't know how well the defensive rating adjustments work. But on offense I get a decent amount of injuries with RBs and WRs.

This is for NCAA 14. I don't know how injuries are in 12 or 13 and if you would need to adjust ratings.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 01-04-2020, 07:03 PM   #4
MVP

Mjphillips's Arena

OVR: 10

User injuries can definitely be helped by changing the inj rating. I think Stonecalf (I think) had a great system in the original thread about this. I've been using them forever now. Kinda like the others that responded. I get PLENTY of in game injuries as well as short and long term. OL and Linebackers too.

Sent from 713
Old 01-06-2020, 11:14 AM   #5
Rookie

I have been playing 13 for a while now.

I have found injury ratings as follows produce the best results for injuries with fatigue off. I have found that with fatigue off, once you reduce the injury ratings to the below settings, players with low fatigue ratings get hurt easier. Kind of weird.

QB-65
RB/WR/TE-60
OL- 10

DL-10
LB/CB/S-25

K/P-0
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-07-2020, 02:59 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJDrocks

A large factor to the lack of user injuries is the coaching skills tree. The first item on the OC is Injury / Stamina. I never had injuries when I used to set these "cheats" and found a thread on this site where every player's injuries were downgraded by about 15 point. Interestingly, that is about how much you gain when you max out that coaching skill.

To this point, I am currently playing a dynasty where I went to Arkansas after leading Illinois to 6 championships in my last 9 years there. My first full year at Arkansas, I was able to land the #1 QB (Pocket) and the #2 QB (Scrambler). I started the #2 as a true freshman since I only had two experienced pocket passers on the roster. He delivered 4000 yards passing and 1000 yards rushing in each of his first two seasons running South Carolina's (Multiple) playbook. He won the Heisman in year 2 as I won the Championship. In the 3rd game of his junior season, he was lost for the year with a shoulder injury and the former #1 overall came in and set the school record for passing TDs in a season on the way to back-to-back championships. I also lost my starting tailback for 10 weeks in week 12 (so I lost him for the season). I don't recall having injury issues like this when I used the coaching skills EVEN when I downgraded the injury rating for the players. However, the only way an OL gets injured is if he runs after recovering a fumble.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »