Home

Create College Legends

This is a discussion on Create College Legends within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-24-2022, 09:21 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Create College Legends

Hello.

I've started this thread to talk about creating legends or legend recruit for dynasty. You can name the player, position they play and thier tendency, thier uniform and thier ratings ans physical profile.

I've been trying to figure or how to create John Elway. I know his height/size, position, but can't figure out what his tendency would be and his uniform style would like.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2022, 01:13 AM   #2
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Create College Legends

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakernk

I've been trying to figure or how to create John Elway. I know his height/size, position, but can't figure out what his tendency would be and his uniform style would like.
“I normally run the 40-yard dash in 4.9, but when a 280-pound guy is chasing me, I run it in 4.6.” - John Elway. The average 40-yard dash time for wide receivers and cornerbacks is 4.48. Quarterbacks come in at 4.93 so Elway had average speed in comparison and slower than fullbacks who average 4.80

https://www.profootballhof.com/news/...ll-john-elway/

Notes from an actual scouting report Gil Brandt wrote on Elway for Dallas:

Elway is 6-2¾ and 218 pounds, ideal size for a quarterback. ... We don't have a confirmed time on Elway; would probably run a 4.95 or 5.0 in the 40-yard dash if timed. ... He plays a lot faster than whatever his timed speed is. ... He's pigeon toed with great athletic ability, outstanding body control and great balance. ... He has a sixth sense when being pressured and will pivot mostly to his left to get away from the rusher. He also has no wasted motion when he moves. .Works hard, leads by example. ... Has outstanding arm strength. Can drop back or throw on the move with accuracy. ...

In years past I've been guilty myself of giving Elway more speed than he actually has when creating him in both Madden and NCAA Football over the years.

Having said that if you truly wanted to stick with the scouting #'s on him based on his own omission and Gale Brandt's report I'd say his ratings makeup would be similar to this CAP

Awareness-92 (Finished his College Career with a 139.3 QB Rating and a TD to INT Ratio of 77 to 39)

Speed-66 (This keeps him from being too fast for LB's and DB's after that initial acceleration)

Agility-79 (This will allow him to show excellent movement in the pocket)

Accelerate-81 (This will allow him within the 1st 10 yards to get by the Front 4)

BCV-77 (This will allow him to see the field and locate open running lanes when taking off)

Strength-70 (This will be tied into his throw Power and 70 is my highest for all Qb's moving forward in Madden and NCAA)

Throw Power-99 (In his early years he had a rocket arm)

70 yard
John Elway
You may have heard of John Elway, but if not let me just say that he was a pretty good quarterback for the Denver Broncos. The one thing that Elway possessed that many of these bombers didn't have much of was accuracy. Elway could throw a 70 yard pass down the field and get it right on the money.

Throw Accuracy-82-85 (In his college career he finished with a 62.1 Comp %. His Sr Year he finished at 64.7)

Now from the naked eye that Accuracy rating looks low only when compare it to EA's way of rating the QB's. I use Pro Football reference and have a formula to determine Comp % based off that information. It renders terrific off target throws from time to time while keeping him very accurate and that accuracy rating is still going to be amongst the best in the game if you rate all the QB's using this formula.

NCAA 14 didn't have Short, Medium or Long ratings for QB's.

Hopefully the new game will incorporate it like Madden.

His Overall rating in NCAA 14 if you used these as your Base CAP would be 95 Overall.

He'd be listed as a Pocket QB

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14

Last edited by Playmakers; 07-25-2022 at 01:20 AM.
Old 07-25-2022, 12:32 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers
“I normally run the 40-yard dash in 4.9, but when a 280-pound guy is chasing me, I run it in 4.6.” - John Elway. The average 40-yard dash time for wide receivers and cornerbacks is 4.48. Quarterbacks come in at 4.93 so Elway had average speed in comparison and slower than fullbacks who average 4.80

https://www.profootballhof.com/news/...ll-john-elway/

Notes from an actual scouting report Gil Brandt wrote on Elway for Dallas:

Elway is 6-2¾ and 218 pounds, ideal size for a quarterback. ... We don't have a confirmed time on Elway; would probably run a 4.95 or 5.0 in the 40-yard dash if timed. ... He plays a lot faster than whatever his timed speed is. ... He's pigeon toed with great athletic ability, outstanding body control and great balance. ... He has a sixth sense when being pressured and will pivot mostly to his left to get away from the rusher. He also has no wasted motion when he moves. .Works hard, leads by example. ... Has outstanding arm strength. Can drop back or throw on the move with accuracy. ...

In years past I've been guilty myself of giving Elway more speed than he actually has when creating him in both Madden and NCAA Football over the years.

Having said that if you truly wanted to stick with the scouting #'s on him based on his own omission and Gale Brandt's report I'd say his ratings makeup would be similar to this CAP

Awareness-92 (Finished his College Career with a 139.3 QB Rating and a TD to INT Ratio of 77 to 39)

Speed-66 (This keeps him from being too fast for LB's and DB's after that initial acceleration)

Agility-79 (This will allow him to show excellent movement in the pocket)

Accelerate-81 (This will allow him within the 1st 10 yards to get by the Front 4)

BCV-77 (This will allow him to see the field and locate open running lanes when taking off)

Strength-70 (This will be tied into his throw Power and 70 is my highest for all Qb's moving forward in Madden and NCAA)

Throw Power-99 (In his early years he had a rocket arm)

70 yard
John Elway
You may have heard of John Elway, but if not let me just say that he was a pretty good quarterback for the Denver Broncos. The one thing that Elway possessed that many of these bombers didn't have much of was accuracy. Elway could throw a 70 yard pass down the field and get it right on the money.

Throw Accuracy-82-85 (In his college career he finished with a 62.1 Comp %. His Sr Year he finished at 64.7)

Now from the naked eye that Accuracy rating looks low only when compare it to EA's way of rating the QB's. I use Pro Football reference and have a formula to determine Comp % based off that information. It renders terrific off target throws from time to time while keeping him very accurate and that accuracy rating is still going to be amongst the best in the game if you rate all the QB's using this formula.

NCAA 14 didn't have Short, Medium or Long ratings for QB's.

Hopefully the new game will incorporate it like Madden.

His Overall rating in NCAA 14 if you used these as your Base CAP would be 95 Overall.

He'd be listed as a Pocket QB

Thanks great info. I thought he would be more of a balanced qb not a pocket since he was known for moving around.
Old 07-25-2022, 12:49 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakernk
Thanks great info. I thought he would be more of a balanced qb not a pocket since he was known for moving around.
He'll still move around in the pocket often with those ratings and even run when you setup the playbooks.

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14
Old 07-25-2022, 12:59 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

Watched an outstanding CPU vs CPU game last night between Notre Dame and Ohio St

Notre Dame won 31-24 on a 55 yard TD pass from Joe Montana to Dave "The Ghost" Casper late in the 4th QTR. Ohio St safety Mike Doss miss played the ball on a diving attempt and Casper took it to the house.

My phone camera is not great but I got a replay HL of the winning TD along with player stats at the end of the video (Some Nostalgic names in the box score).

CPU vs CPU gameplay IMO just seems to bring the best out of EA's Football games. The ratings just stand out more without any USER input

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2022, 06:57 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers
He'll still move around in the pocket often with those ratings and even run when you setup the playbooks.
Okay. Which playbook do you think would best fit John Elway's skillet? Don't know any Shanahan type playbooks except maybe Bosie State or Florida Atlantic.
Old 07-31-2022, 07:14 PM   #7
Rookie

Iowa, Wisconsin, and Michigan State are all heavy on under center, tight ends, and zone running which those Broncos teams did a lot of.

Stanford and Michigan both have a mix of under central pro-style running along with some QB runs mixed in.
Old 08-17-2022, 12:30 PM   #8
Rookie

Are there any other college qb legends that have a mix of arm strength/quick release, accuracy, mobility, and high football iq/awarness? John elway is close but accuracy is his only weakness and was wondering if there were others who have a similar skillet but with more accuracy.

I am also trying to find legends who are well-round wide receivers, tight ends, and running backs.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »